What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jeff sessions is ordering "justice" dept to review marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government that gives you everything can also take it away.

To me what's the big deal it has been illegal for decades and it has never stopped anyone from growing it or selling it.

Weed is so common place and accepted in society no way in hell could they ever afford the budget it would take to eradicate it at this point.

Worst case scenario is they pick off more low hanging fruit, at this point there is enough large "legal" state sactioned grows to keep them busy for a while.

I say fuck corporate america, they have no place in the marijuana scene anyways.

Even if you are "legal" you should still stay on the down low, if you are out running your mouth and telling everyone you know well that might be a mistake. Loose lips sink ships, legal or not.

WORD. My investor is getting nervous. I do not appreciate this roiling of the waters. FIGHT BACK.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did anyone see the meeting trump had with the sheriffs of the country? What did they want? Asset forfeiture reinstated, what did trump say, we can make that happen. What was the first draft sessions shoved under the presidents nose? Asset forfeiture.

Think private prisons donated 800 million to trumps campaign. Trump xed obamas willingness to cut back private prisons, there full steam ahead now.

Private prisons are only one of the many ways corporations make money off illegal weed.

Don't be stupid people, they will fill those prisons, they will take your shit. They know exactly what there doing when it comes to making money.

Ain't over till the fat lady sings

PDX Dopesmoker

The new progressive: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4ce6be-132b-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html

A lot of people are more authoritarian and tribal than most libertarians think.

That Cook guy seems worth watching out for. Sessions hasn't officially picked a henchman in charge of hassling the hippies and the DEA is still headed up by a Loretta Lynch appointment, so I guess that we don't really know exactly what their plans are so far, but they're telegraphing the same old shit pretty hard. Add modern military surveillance technology into the mix and the same old shit becomes a potentially frightening proposition. Indoor guerrilla growing in an abandoned mine is the best backup plan I've thought up so far, but big government sure is inefficient, ain't it? Three month in and the west coast still has legal cannabis businesses popping up like mushrooms. Spooky times.

Remember, the power of propaganda. Just like the Head of the Fed. The words are dissected, and acted upon. No need to actually do anything.

It could be said, that after all these years, The Horse is Out of the Barn.

My Man above is right. Old Skool all the way. Tell no one, and keep it close, in terms of those involved. Never deal with strangers.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Did anyone see the meeting trump had with the sheriffs of the country? What did they want? Asset forfeiture reinstated, what did trump say, we can make that happen. What was the first draft sessions shoved under the presidents nose? Asset forfeiture.

Think private prisons donated 800 million to trumps campaign. Trump xed obamas willingness to cut back private prisons, there full steam ahead now.

Private prisons are only one of the many ways corporations make money off illegal weed.

Don't be stupid people, they will fill those prisons, they will take your shit. They know exactly what there doing when it comes to making money.

Ain't over till the fat lady sings

This makes a shit ton of fuckin sense to me.

But that saturday morning tweet accusing Obama of ordering an ILLEGAL wiretap.

Then accusing Obama of ILLEGALLY using British intel to tap his wires in an effort to bypass federal laws.

Then accusing Obama of ILLEGALLY spreading the information around so it could be easily found and ILLEGALLY leaked.

Then continually tweeting that Russia isn't the story, the ILLEGAL leaks are the story.

Then even after many had gone on record stating that there was ZERO evidence to back up Trumps claim he continued accusing.

Even after it had been clearly explained over and over how Obama couldn't order a wiretap. How he could only order an investigation and then those conducting the investigation could, if needed, request a wiretap trump persisted accusing.

Only after it was realized that IF procedure WAS followed then that would mean that there was likely enough evidence to grant permission for the wiretap did trump and FoxNews kinda stop with the wiretap bullshit.

they never quit with the felonious leaks. Demanding that they be investigated and found.

They then began the smear campaign against that Rice woman who ILLEGALLY unmasked the names American civilians! Then ILLEGALLY leaked the names.

Fox tried hard to get the words unmasked and leaked to share the same definition. Even after it was clear that protocol had been followed and the difference between unmasking and leaking was explained many times.

Still they continue with the one and only consistant theme since that Saturday morning tweet which is.....

We may not know what you got or how bad you got us but it won't matter if we can Jedi mind trick you into believing it was obtained ILLEGALLY.

We're all criminals here on this website right..... well what do we all know about illegally obtained evidence?

Exactly!!'

I wouldn't doubt the way they are rushing to get shit done, like repeal anything and everything Obama did as well as other BS while not even bothering to fill like 1000 positions and giving son in law the responsibilities of a small army is because they expect to be caught so why bother filling positions or picking the small army to handle son in laws shit!

Same reason they decided to go nuclear to get Trumps pick for superior court through and destroy the senate. They blame the dems, saying that they doubt they would pass anybody. Doubt!!! Destroy the senate because of doubt!!! They didn't want to be sure? They could have chosen another and proved it? Was there no one else? Sure there was, but there might not have been enough time.

I think based on the desperate and outrageously stupid accusations coming out of the WH, 99% of republicans pie holes and FoxNews that it's safe to say that they are SHITTING themselves!

If my stoner senses are correct and my pot head premonitions prove to be true then I'd hope that everything Trump or the people he placed touched should be returned as it was before Trump took office.

Of course I understand that Washington doesn't give a FUCK what I think should happen but....there's always the option to revolt!haha

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Nice rehash of old talking points. Now, show me the money (aka evidence). If Trump is despised by most of the world (as proffered by dems and MSM)--then why hasn't someone leaked proof of this ALLEGED "Russian collusion"? If it exists--you can bet your bippy that it would have been all over the front pages of New York Times by now.

Shouting from a mountain top (making accusations)--is not the same as having "evidence" of an alleged evil deed. Maybe if we put this into our backyard--you might see the silliness of all this.

Let's say my garden had a very bad case of powdery mildew that destroyed my harvest--losing everything. But I don't believe it was my fault. Although my humidity is higher than it should be--I doubt it is the problem--it must be the genetics or something...hmm.

Ahh, I peek over my fence and see my neighbor's garden and I see PM everywhere. So what do I do? I blame my neighbor, since I am perfect and can not be responsible for my own loss.

My fix? I shoot my neighbor (rid myself of the problem)...and return to my garden with high humidity and have all the confidence that my PM problems are gone forever. Then PM returns....WTF?

• Lost harvest = Dems Prez election loss
  • High humidity (cause of the problem) = Bad campaign
  • Accusing my neighbor for my PM = Blaming Comey, Russians, Wiki--anyone and anything except the real cause of the loss
  • Claiming that my PM is now eradicated since my neighbor is dead (wrong cause and effect) = Claiming Trumpy is the illegitimate Prez since the Russians stole the election from Hillary, even though there is not even a "smidgen of evidence" (Obama's phrase)
Of course if I treated the PM in my garden early (did what I should have done), then I would not have lost my harvest and my neighbor would be alive (Hillary's coronation to become the first woman Prez was all but certain...right? Some say it was "hers to lose"...which she did).

Silly huh? My neighbor had nothing to do with the PM in my garden...

geneva_sativa

I heard the Russians invented PM and infected all computers in the US with it so they could dominate the market with Auto Flowers in the future

packerfan79

Veteran
I wonder how long before the liberals start with the incessant name calling and get this thread closed. I belive we as cannabis enthusiasts, have to act like adults, we all represent each other. It's the only way to change the minds of conservative and evangelicals. Every pothead who acts like an idiot sets our cause back. I hope that Trump sticks to his word on leaving medical alone. As far as recreational, I have never seen a group of people so excited to be taxed into oblivion.Americans are truly blind, since when is astronomical taxes not just accepted but glorified. Taxes are nothing more than theft.Recreational as it stands is a fucking joke. It is NOT in anyway legalization. It is all a way to hand a beautiful thing to corporations like Monsanto, so they can keep controlling the world.

DocTim420

Actually, investment money is driving a huge portion the cannabis market--sorry to say, but it ain't the growers.

Watch the presentation (I turned the sound off) at the link below, and then try to make an intelligent argument against the future increase in cannabis related investment opportunities. There are lots and lots of peeps with dough (like those with IRA/401k accounts) that seek new markets to invest in...and cannabis is technically a new market, especially since de facto legalization by many states.

https://pro.moneymappress.com/p/NVXMJ39TMRSHORT/LNVXT245/?SID=102f2fc9210777e95a3c81ff739340&h=true

So, now you have not only tokers and growers demanding legalization, now you have investors. Add em up and that is one huge group of motherfuckers that no politician wants to piss off.

brown_thumb

We're all aware that Trump just appointed a Supreme Court Justice and soon might have the option to appoint a second one. He's every bit as corrupt as any politician has ever been. None of us should doubt the power and pitiless wrath of a corrupt POTUS, along with support of the SC, to trample the crap out of the US Constitution.

Has anyone seen the movie "Nothing But The Truth". If not, it's worth a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnR5lX6hZlc

packerfan79

Veteran
Doc, I don't think it would be very intelligent to invest your retirement/ 401 k/ ira in anew industry that is taxed at 40 to 50 %. I don't know about you but I have not seen a single industry have there taxes reduced. The government is really good at raising taxes. Not so much at cutting them. I would imagine that the local and state governments in legal states have every intention of continuous increasing the taxes on legal weed. I also think that the 10% penalty for cash payments to the IRS would be a big deterrent to major investment firms. This is most likely going to lead to the next bubble to pop. It happened to the tech industry, it happened to the mortgage industry. The next great recession very well may come from the legal weed industry

DocTim420

That is certainly one perspective Packer--but who made the most money/profits during the gold rush era? Miners, consumers/users, or those that made/sold picks and shovels (and other goods and services)?

BTW, IRA/401ks can invest in most any commodity or industry (if titled correctly) so there is no 10% penalty and it is not uncommon for "conservative investors" (those who are risk adverse) to invest a tiny bit...say 5-15% of their investment portfolio in "new growth markets". They call it "salsa".

So picture this--a cool older couple (we all know a few) retired and living the good life in Florida at The Villages. Their combined investments are a modest million (mostly in retirement accounts)--with $100k invested in pot (10%).

And now ask yourself, who votes more frequently? Retired old fuckers? Or "change the world" potheads?

Said differently--who is more apt to talk--one on one--with an elected official that represents them? Or email them something other than scripted words? Or volunteer for their election campaign? Old fuckers do it all the time.

Just saying, sometimes money makes strange bed fellows and I would not underestimate this particular block of the American public. It appears that cannabis is really not a "dem" vs "rep" issue--most of America wants it legal.

Besides, the Controlled Substance Act was enacted almost 47 years ago, most of the politicians and backers of that particular law are the parents of today's "old fuckers" and are mostly dead; those alive are part of very minor minority of the population and as time marches on, their numbers dwindle.

The mighty MO is with us....at least, that is what I think--and I am an old fucker.

vta

Veteran
So Sessions gave a big speech today...and it had nothing to do with weed. It was about his main priority, illegal immigration. And he nailed it !

We're all aware that Trump just appointed a Supreme Court Justice and soon might have the option to appoint a second one. He's every bit as corrupt as any politician has ever been. None of us should doubt the power and pitiless wrath of a corrupt POTUS, along with support of the SC, to trample the crap out of the US Constitution.

Sensationalism is not a smart way to get a point across. It alienates folks and makes a mockery of the debate at hand....but I know...RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

Oh and BTW...Gorsuch is a fine Judge who not only is fair but his decisions are wholly based on the Constitution. Moonbats like Kamala Harris don't like him because he, "has consistently valued legalisms over real lives" lol what a joke. She is not interested in following the law but would rather have judges who rule on the side of social justice.

packerfan79

Veteran
Doc, I agree with a lot of what you said, if you got money from a legitimate verifiable source you can probably do very well, but it is a lot riskier than a normal stock or bond investment. I guess the big difference in tech and realing estate bubbles, are obvious. They don't have a legality stigma. 401 k managers are paid to minimize risk while maximizing return. So I don't think they will risk major investment, possibly a small amount since 401ks are generally very diversified. As are pension funds. I always laughed when my union would play these crazy anti Walmart videos, I guess I was the only one who knew that our pension fund was heavily invested in Walmart.

packerfan79

Veteran
So Sessions gave a big speech today...and it had nothing to do with weed. It was about his main priority, illegal immigration. And he nailed it !

Sensationalism is not a smart way to get a point across. It alienates folks and makes a mockery of the debate at hand....but I know...RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

Oh and BTW...Gorsuch is a fine Judge who not only is fair but his decisions are wholly based on the Constitution. Moonbats like Kamala Harris don't like him because he, "has consistently valued legalisms over real lives" lol what a joke. She is not interested in following the law but would rather have judges who rule on the side of social justice.

The horror of it all is just to much, I think I need a safe space. How could they confirm a supreme Court Justice who believes the law is more important than MY FEELINGS.

I hope you enjoy my sarcasm. :biggrin:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Shouting from a mountain top (making accusations)--is not the same as having "evidence" of an alleged evil deed. Maybe if we put this into our backyard--you might see the silliness of all this

Ah man Doc! I just finished like a 5000 word essay just to answer the first paragraph.

It can use some punching up but all in all... it gets the job done! I was about to hit post but I thought....I'd better read your your second paragraph before I do. Ya never know, it could say "and if you bother answering the last paragraph your an idiot"!

It didn't! They actually never do. But what It did say made me sorry I answered the first just the same.

After reading it I wasn't sure what was going on. You see in the first paragraph you ask a question that I believed was in reply to my previous post. The long winded one about Trumps outrageously absurd accusations, and how his refusal to stop tweeting or "shouting from the mountaintops" even long after members from both sides went on record as to there being ZERO evidence to support any of it was odd if not suspicious.

Well then I read your second paragraph and.....HOLY SHIT! YOU TOTALLY AGREE WITH ME!!! I can't tell you how much better I felt after it sunk in! I wish I had read it before I wrote my reply to your first but oh well.

Now that you know that it was written before I understood we saw eye to eye, I just may post it. Maybe it'll help somebody understand exactly what the hell you and I find so ridiculous.

I'll read the rest of your post later! I have an appointment with Erin Brokavich! Haha can you believe it. 10yrs ago dumb luck had me buy a house right smack on top of what became that crazy gas leak that was in the news like a year ago. Now I gotta sit in an office for an hour and stare at Erins boobs! I can't pay attention to a fkn word she says! She's all animated! Boobies flopping all over the place! Movie or not.... it's not very professional! All I remember from last time was blah blah blah.... largest lawsuit in the history of the United States blah blah.... they reported 60 billion in profits last year blah blah.....whatever!lol I only kept the place so I have somewhere to keep my mother plants. Don't worry.... I forgot to mention that little detail!bwah ha ha

Sooo..... gotta go amigo!

I'll post my other reply. :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts