What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

search issues

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
searching a thread doesn't seem to work for me moment. even tried using a word that I know is definitely in the thread and it comes up with no results. to clarify I mean the search tool on a thread itself not the title search.

Skip

Veteran
What are you looking for, and did you try to search for any word, say "blueberry"?

I wood

Yup, searches just lead to moble forum page with no search results.
I was told it was fixed and got results once , then back to mobile page ever since.
Even a google search leads only to mobile forum with no results.
Extremely frustrating.

Skip

Veteran
sounds like you're not taking the site cookie and that's why your version of the site keeps defaulting back to mobile...
As I've told others, click the remember me button when you login or you will always have this problem.

Mobile search is working great for me. :)

I won't reply anymore unless ppl say what they are searching for that they can't get a result or get an error.

G

ganjygav

It does the same for me. I logged out and logged back in with remember me checked.

Then I searched for blueberry and go switched to mobile page with no results. It's been doing it for months. When I see your suggestions skip I thought I would try again but I still get the same result. :tiphat:
picture.php

Skip

Veteran
It does the same for me. I logged out and logged back in with remember me checked.

Then I searched for blueberry and go switched to mobile page with no results. It's been doing it for months. When I see your suggestions skip I thought I would try again but I still get the same result. :tiphat:
View Image
OK, what is your OS and browser? You must have an up-to-date major browser for the site to work right.

G

ganjygav

I'm on Android using chrome. It's updates automatically so I know I'm always up to date.

Skip

Veteran
Seems to be a bug in chrome. Works fine in all other browsers tested, including Safari, Opera, Firefox. (try using one of those)
I can't even get chrome to bring up the keyboard when I click in the text box.
That did work in prior versions.

I don't use chrome because it records and sends all your search & browsing info to google automatically.
Then that info is sold to advertisers and shared (and sold!) to government authorities when requested.
Nothing is free, neither is chrome (you're selling yourself).

IMO, when the most intrusive search engine suddenly purchases an operating system (android) then pushes it's own browser, and even puts out netbooks with chrome defaulting, it can only be BIG BROTHER wanting to monitor EVERYTHING we do.

Have you tried just clicking the enter key instead of the go button?

Last edited:
G

ganjygav

Seems to be a bug in chrome. Works fine in all other browsers tested, including Safari, Opera, Firefox. (try using one of those)
I can't even get chrome to bring up the keyboard when I click in the text box.
That did work in prior versions.

I don't use chrome because it records and sends all your search & browsing info to google automatically.
Then that info is sold to advertisers and shared (and sold!) to government authorities when requested.
Nothing is free, neither is chrome (you're selling yourself).

IMO, when the most intrusive search engine suddenly purchases an operating system (android) then pushes it's own browser, and even puts out netbooks with chrome defaulting, it can only be BIG BROTHER wanting to monitor EVERYTHING we do.

Have you tried just clicking the enter key instead of the go button?

You've made me feel all paranoid now skip. I'm gonna download Firefox then I think. :tiphat:

Skip

Veteran
Didn't mean to make you paranoid, just careful.

Realize that all browsers are going to try to capitalize on your personal data, but Google is insidious and hard to avoid anymore.

And they tend to be the biggest aggregator of data besides the NSA (who they work with closely)