What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what BANDS have you seen?

Veggia farmer

Out of those I have seen Tool! That was funny, sadly smoke to much hash during the day and was tired. Still enoyed it a lot, but I didnt match the intensity of the music.

I lived with a natural born guitarist. I got Tool every day in my living room too!

Saw the The Who as when they were old, on a rainy day. Sucked ass hehe. Still got great hash so I wasnt complaining!

First Concert was Queens of the Stone Age. That was really cool!

BEST Concert was Turbonegro! Right after they released a new album after Hank von Hell had gotten clean and they played again. I was ALL sore in throat and could hardly speak afterwards. Awesome! LOL, but YEAH!

Bob Dylan was ok, he played piano that day. He wasnt in any rock N roll modus, more link Pink Floyd, sci-fi inspirated. But all in all, it was Dylan.

and some other stuff on festivals an such. I lost Damian Marley that too was a little lame. We got all drunk on a boat++ and lost time and space. Ended over a fence cut my hand really bad, blood all over, fat squeesing out. Got a few stiches there yes. Stupid, didnt see that there wire wasnt cut off at the top, and needed a short cut. Had paid!

The concert of my dreams would have been Black Sabbath when they were young and full of energy! Or Johnny Cash.....

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
The Exploited, Toy Dolls, Bad Religion, Ska-P, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Rammstein, Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura, Pennywise,

some of the famous ones and much more i can t recall at the moment

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
The Dead, Rolling Stones, Willie Nelson, Steel Pulse, Burning Spear, Widespread Panic, Tedeski Trucks Band, Rage Against the Machine, Dave Mathews, Stanley Jordan, My Morning Jacket, Soundgarden, John Foggerty, Ringo Starr, Gregg Rolie, Gov't Mule, Allman Brothers, Steve Miller, Robert Plant, Peter Frampton, Lindsey Buckingham, The Black Crowes, Steely Dan, Steven Stills, Medeski Martin & Wood, String Cheese Incident, Phish, The Beastie Boys, The Gipsy Kings, Lyle Lovett, Jeff Beck, Rebelution, John Cougar, Elvis Costello, The Roots, Chick Corea, Huey Lewis, Lotus, The Disco Buscuits, Umphrey's McGee, George Clinton

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1st Band seen live was YES Colt Park , Hartford, Ct ... June 1976 ... was awesome :rtfo:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
Fletch you've seen a lot of bands! Huey Lewis was probably awesome. He doesn't play anymore, he went deaf. Soundgarden must've been good too. So many concerts man! Rock on Fletch!
Whipemeat Cannibal Corpses are good! Show was probably really good. You saw Michael Jackson? Cool! I was a huge fan as a kid in the 80's.
Veggiafarmer - Tool! They rock! I saw them open for Ozzy in 1998. Never heard of Turbonegro I'll check them out.
Pinball Wizard I've heard of Lovin Spoonful. 1967? Right on!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
I was never a big concert goer . . . but I did see a few greats in their prime. Alice Cooper during his hanging phase, Billy Joel just after the Piano Man release so it was just him and a piano in a good hall, Muddy Waters in a near-empty bar was really very special, Paul McCartney & Wings Over America, and Juluka – South Africa’s Johnny Clegg’s first band. And I saw both Nureyev and Baryshnikov dance in their prime.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
plus Primus, Ben Harper, Blues Traveler, Incubus, Bassnectar and tons of others.

Yeah, musically I'm pretty Well Traveled.

Huey Lewis put on a Great show. He was really cool. At one point between songs, all these Women were yelling "I love you Huey!!!" He responded , "I love you too Sir." The whole crowd laughed. He'd probably done that line over and over, but it told me that he wasn't full of himself which I thought was Awesome.

Soundgarden was one of those bands that sounded as good live as on the recordings. They threw it Down. Everyones ears were ringing for like two days after the show.

Great Thread!!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
Star crash Yes is pretty awesome! Must've been a good show
Tobedeyermined Billy Joel must've been good. Paul McCartney too.
Rock on everybody! :party:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
yes, i had the luck to see his show i was invited, it wasn t my pick to go, same with the grandma of rock Tina, she was awesome i would go anytime to see her again.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the Stones, Pink Floyd, Bob Seger 11 times, Rush about 20 times, Kiss, Elton John, Muddy Waters, Johnny & Edgar Winters, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Heart 3 or 4 times, Goose Creek Symphony, the Raspberries (yeah, i know...lol) and a buttload more that i would have to get my ticket stub album out to identify. i missed out on Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard because Merle passed away about a month before the concert. still got my ticket to see Leon Russell. my ride to his concert fucked me over...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GIANTS STADIUM - SEPTEMBER 2, 1978
Grateful Dead, New Riders of the Purple Sage; Willie Nelson.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I saw lots of great concerts while in my teens and 20's.. Here's just a few of them...

picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Saw these guys in Vancouver, Canada in the summer of '71... It cost $5.50 at the door for a ticket...
I took the poster off a wall the next day to bring home with me..
I kept it for more than 40 years until a man on the internet made me an offer for it that I could not refuse..

picture.php

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
Very nice Bud green! Awesome poster! That's so cool...you saw Zeppelin in 1971...I saw them in 1995! Rock on bud green!
StarCrash the Stones! I missed them last year, was going but was too sick. Keep on rockin man!