What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Truck loaded with cannabis plants crashes in Spain

St. Phatty

"A small truck has had an accident in the tunnel of the Bertran i Güell avenue, in the direction of the sea. As a result of the accident and with the opening of the gate, Mossos d'Esquadra and the Local Police have detected that the truck was carrying a large number of marijuana plants.

According to the Gavà City Council, the Municipal Police have arrested the person who transported the marijuana plants. The arrest has been made when the vehicle has suffered the accident in the passage under the train track.

The damaged truck was for hire, and the driver was using it to make a supposed transfer of the plants. The Mossos d'Esquadra have opened an investigation to clarify where they came from and who is the owner of the merchandise."

I blame it on sleep deprivation.

Usually when you have a van full of pot plants you drive VERY VERY carefully.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Guess they decided against going on a Dry Run to make sure the route was safe.

Man, I know that guy was like, " Oh No!!!" when the Crunch sounded and the Truck stopped. No point in running away either.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Guess they decided against going on a Dry Run to make sure the route was safe.

Man, I know that guy was like, " Oh No!!!" when the Crunch sounded and the Truck stopped. No point in running away either.

Well maybe they did, but definitely not in that vehicle.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
LOL, and there was the problem. The little scout car made it just fine.

There is a bridge that has it's own website and bridge cam, because people are all the time ignoring the warning signs. You just can't put enough warnings out to stop some idiots. BTW, the crown in the road can effect the measurement. Since I last saw this site, they have raised the bridge, and it will still take bites.

https://11foot8.com/

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Way, way before things started getting Cooler.

Many, many years ago, I had to move an Indoor crop from one house to another across town when the plants were 6 weeks into flower. It was the one of the most nerve racking experiences of my life. I lived near the State Police Barracks, the main hub which also contained the Academy for new recruits. Cop Central. Since I was in the middle of town, we decided to do the deed at night using the cover of darkness to our advantage. Logic being if we went after most people went to bed but before the cops were on Drunk Patrol, we could sneak right on through. We borrowed a van and waited for nightfall.

The whole thing took place during the plants dark phase which meant: No Lights Whatsoever!!! Everything was done in total darkness and everyone involved hurt themselves at some point during the loading. We pulled the van into the carport where there was a side door to the house and loaded 15-20 plants each growing in a 5 gallon nursery pot in Pitch Black Darkness. We rigged some curtains and sheets to cover the plants so that streetlights and headlights from other cars wouldn't mess things up.

It must have been Shift Change for the Cops because the neighborhood was crawling with them like Never Before. They were parked up my street, down my street, Everywhere. All my buddies were convinced the whole thing was a Set-Up and we were all going to get Busted. It took every ounce of courage we had just to try to calm down a bit.

Now the van we borrowed, the only vehicle we could get access to that was enclosed and big enough to pull off the haul was owned by a Handicapped friend. It was outfitted to be driven by a Wheelchair bound person using levers (not pedals) and the steering wheel. We each practiced driving beforehand and felt pretty solid about how it worked. It was like controlling a Video Game. What hadn't come up yet was that the Van, being a custom vehicle intended for a person who was physically impaired, had a back-up Alarm that sounded as soon as the vehicle was put in Reverse.

So there we were, trying to be Cool, trying to be Calm, trying to be Invisible ready to back out of the driveway with a Van full of plants in full blown flower at 1 in the morning.

Beep! Beep! Beep!!! Loud as can be every 2 seconds as we backed the thing out onto the street. Dogs were barking, Porch Lights were coming on. I thought we were Done. We rolled with a car in front of the Van and another behind to sandwich it in for protection. We chose the route with the least number or stoplights and opted to go a bit out of the way to ensure a safer route. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life.

Last edited:

Cuddles

bridge crashes such as this one happen more often than most people think. It happened once where my parents live.

I hope the guy will be okay - legal wise

I bet the coppers are gonna look after the plants - and then smoke it all themselves

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was down at the CAT place talking with the tech working on my old backhoe. There was a brnd new excavator some city nearby had bought, that wasn't loaded onto the truck right. It hit an overpass at 60 MPH, and messed up the machine in a big way. Somehow the bridge survived.

I have another story, that involved an interstate overpass, a semi-truck, a student driver driving while sleepy, and the trainer in the bunk sleeping. I used a life on that one, and the student was OK too.

Latest posts

Latest posts