What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Here comes nadler with a 5% federal pot tax

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Democrats never give away anything for free, they expect stuff in return. Pot which had no right to be banned returns to a non isssue, but really is a big money and control issue. The Republicans I suppose are not good there either but the dems are the worst.

I am putting away a deep stash of tobacco, cigars as I expect California to keep making it more expensive to buy and harder to get. You can not order tobacco online in Washington. I am seriously considering moving out of California but like I said, Washington is becoming a gulag with forests. The other states tend to follow California... Would I just be running away to be caught again?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/h...192829701.html[/FONT]

"The MORE Act would impose a 5% sales tax on marijuana and marijuana products. The revenue would go toward a new trust fund for grant programs designed to help people “adversely impacted by the War on Drugs” access job training, re-entry services, legal aid, treatment and more. The bill would also provide protections prohibiting denial of federal benefits based on use, possession or conviction for a marijuana offense."

What a load of BS!

wwoww

They will never waive anybodys record that was in prison for selling weed they will have a new charge called selling untaxed unlicensed and unregulated marijuana and the penalties are going to be the same as they are now. Sell untaxed tobacco and see what happens. Yes the atf will put a gun to your head and throw you in prison. They want all the business for themselves.

Big M

I'd happily pay a 5% sales tax, but it should only be imposed on the retail level, not business to business. I'm surprised that they aren't asking for something like 15-25% honestly. Honestly, I could care less about taxes as long as they legalize home growing in reasonable amounts. I'm hoping for something like Michigan's home grow laws, along with the Micro Business licenses they offer.

ExoticsRus

A person should never be jailed for growing at home even if they were growing a million plants. Intill proven they are selling it for retail , just like any veggie or flower. A person should be able to pay their taxes homegrown by their passion of buying the supplies and misc.

worst case fine them just like a business and give them via amo*nt of time to ethier get a license or fine Them based on weight /plants over allowed having. that would def promote people to not do it if it’s not profitable and just like veggies, commerical will win on selling cause of what their actions are focused on once their rates and balance of the market is better

If proven they are selling illegally ( why don’t they put people for farmers markets for veggies and fruit ?) they should fine them with a reasonable fine . Pt taking away your house and freedom to make you a slave .

a person should be able to pheno hunt just like a flower or veggie.nice micro business and true commercial cannabis will be done and rated into equal quality as home growers. Most people right now besides the true passion and aren’t selling it for that reason will be the only ones in the game cause look at tobacco or beer. You can do it for free but people are lazy + it takes passion to even be at equal level as the big names of such products. They do put a lot of effort and even selection ( even a cigar or cig or wine or beer and misc)

i bet when they sell true good quality pre-rolled joints for cheap or extracts or misc Ending result of how many people are willing to pay for all the equipment , time and passion for something as cheap or cheaper (like tobacco or veggies )? Right now we are forced by majority cause it’s over priced and also over taxed and also the rules and laws makes no sense. Prob is people allowed such things and made it cement cause it shouldn’t ever been considered at if not worse level as meth or very addictive drugs. If anything look at tobacco and it’s negativity on your health and addictive level. Do they care if they sell it retail?

Is tobacco 400 a oz?

I love growing, everything from veggies to cannabis and greens/misc . I don’t want non homegrown cause look at grocery store or retail level vs such. It’s not choose by passion or flavor. It’s chosen for bag appeal, shelf life and money profitable %. hints why so many people even hate veggies cause look at grocery store tomato vs homegrown genetics and how it’s made even if both are organic grown . I’m good on that lol

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'd happily pay a 5% sales tax, but it should only be imposed on the retail level, not business to business. I'm surprised that they aren't asking for something like 15-25% honestly. Honestly, I could care less about taxes as long as they legalize home growing in reasonable amounts. I'm hoping for something like Michigan's home grow laws, along with the Micro Business licenses they offer.

Keep on dreaming, while you get taxed into oblivion..

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I say we fight... considering they've been putting us in cages for this plant for how long? Making money off us while taking tax money to do it... While ruining lives, and futures.
Taxes should entirely be based on the impact marijuana being illegal has has had on said state.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yeah, fight. Like the Boston Tea Party , after all ths is a Federal tax. On top of the others. One more layer of control if this gets in.