What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Searching for a quality Oscillating Clip Fan

I have a couple fans, one does oscillate, but it won't stay clipped to the side pole of a tent, it slides down, or it's too close to the corner so it can't rotate without hitting the tent on the backside of the fan.

I was wondering which oscillating clip fans (or other fan solutions people have come up with) are best for inside tents? Not sure if 2 fixed fans are as good as a single oscillating fan, that's why I think it needs to be oscillating?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I've seen a fixed face grid that rotates to approximate
the oscillation.

Wish I could be more help, I am interested in a small
oscillator too.

amanda88

B003N5TSZM

http://www.amazon.com/Holmes-HACP10B-U-Oscillating-Clip-Black/dp/B003N5TSZM

...and $16.00

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought about the Holmes but like most of that style has terrible reviews.

Ended up with a cheapo Walmart special, their smallest tabletop jammed in any free space blowing at the walls.

N

noyd666

picture.php
I think when using a tent I had to put a strip of tape on pole to stop the clip on fan from moving, just came across these down here, there good , there 7'' ses 8 '' on box add. they have more airflow and occillate clip if needed. very quite. lot better than one direction.20watts=35 bucks oz.

View Image I think when using a tent I had to put a strip of tape on pole to stop the clip on fan from moving, just came across these down here, there good , there 7'' ses 8 '' on box add. they have more airflow and occillate clip if needed. very quite. lot better than one direction.20watts=35 bucks oz.

link please?

Fatty Pneumonia

I made this using about $3 worth of 1/2 inch pvc pipe
and fittings and a 3/4 inch hose clamp. It's easily height adjustable
and swings out of the way if you need it to. The fan in the pic
is a 6" or 7" Pelonis brand oscillating fan. Unfortunately I can't
seem to find any available anymore. I also made one with the
Holmes brand oscillating fan, but the Holmes brand fan isn't
nearly as nice as the Pelonis.

Fatty Pneumonia

Yeah that's the one.
I've only had it for about a month and a half
and it's been running nonstop since I
put it in my tent. It still works like it should, but
I get the sense that the oscillating function is
probably going to be a weak point. I got mine-
actually 2 of them- off Amazon for around $23 each.
Also the cord on that thing is one of those coiled type cords
and it doesn't want to stretch at all. I spent a good 1/2 hour bending
it straight. Real PITA.