What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas been hanging to message yous but that thread of ours is shot... thought it would be good to have another page open instead of waiting for the old one to be fixed. How goes every one??

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Hi budsnblunts, great idea starting this thread the mods seem to have gone to sleep.

I just got a great deal on 5L of Cyco Zyme for $96 delivered, it's an enzyme additive that converts complex sugars into simple sugars for the plants to uptake and also breaks down dead organic material such as roots into nutrients. :ying:

Brother Nature

Hey BnB thanks for this. I had recently gone to the local NZ weed reddit page for my local weed fix and fuck man that place is toxic and really ill informed. There was a guy arguing $7k for a LB of an exotic strain is normal, then gives Chemdog as an example of an exotic strain lol. Anyways, my grows going ok at the moment, my first showing female seems to be rather sensitive and is exhibiting mag deficiencies :( think I've got it under control now though. Here's some pics cause this place is pretty blank at the moment .

These girls are at about 3-5 weeks of growth, the bigger ones are 5, smaller 3-4.

The whole lot (8 all up) had a flush today so looking a little droopy, but healthy otherwise:
picture.php

The only one throwing up pistils at the moment, she's sensitive like all the best girls, had a bit of Mag issues, been resolving with foliage sprays each night:
picture.php

Not sure what this one is yet, but it's got a good look to it:
picture.php

This one's the super vigorous one, grows nearly 3cm a day:
picture.php

Haven't got shots of the other 5, one is a very indica looking mutant, threw up 4 heads without any topping and started only with even numbered leaflets (2, then 4, then 6, now at the normal 5-7) I'm hoping it's one of the few OTM seeds I have in my batch, but we'll see. Will probably do a thread at some point, but lifes been busy lately. Hope all you fellas are doing well too. :dance013:

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey guys cheers for the pictures and replies. Good to get a bit of life going...
Frosty that stuff you got sounds great.. a little expensive for me though... I got a few seedlings running at the moment to brother... I'll grab some pictures later. Awesome to see you got something going.

ozzieAI

Veteran
bet me to it BnB..well done...

hope they get the old thread back up to speed...

i am getting my grow up to speed now that the wet is over and the mould monster has gone....

Pumpkin

Veteran
Brother nature, maybe drop the foilar sprays, you might be doing more harm than good. And don't forget to flush once a week, can fix almost any deficiency. :) Looking good!

Pumpkin

Veteran
Cal mag issues are normally related to ph, rather than a deficiency. Liquid ph is more reliable than pens that go apeshit all the time, so always double check ph with a simple liquid test, cheap and always accurate

Pumpkin

Veteran
They look fine to me though. I think a flush then feed you would see that droop disappear. A really good drink of h2o can really pick your plants up sometimes.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I am hoping I don't have as many problems with the mould monster next year. I think I was mostly unlucky with the timing of heavy rain. Had to harvest early, but still scored 52, so not unhappy. Next year I want to be as prepared as possible though . Anyone tried sulfer, is this bad for smokers, what other options are available?

Brother Nature

Thanks Pumpkin. I think I've figured out the issue. PH has been spot on, but I've been using a different cal mag supplement and didn't read the instructions right so wasn't using enough plus the dripclean has a lot of potassium in it so would likely have been contributing to the lock out, I've reduced the dripclean and increased the cal mag supplement which seems to have made them a bit happier. All part of the fun though, 52 doesn't seem too bad, hopefully the harvest gods bless you next season. :D

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas been busy setting up my second tent. It's the same size as first one which is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 m running a 600 watt with carbon filter and centrifugal fan. I have some seedlings I'm testing in one which are about 2 and a half weeks into flowering. They are a cross of affie x blueberry and blueberry x blueberry. The other tent is filled with 12 cuttings of blueberrygum. The photos are shit lol. . I will get better ones with lights off tomoro.
picture.php

These are the cuttings. They have just been flipped.
picture.php

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas things are going good these ways. Can't wait for spring.
1st tent
picture.php

picture.php

2nd tent
picture.php

picture.php

These first tent is about three weeks into flower. Seeing some good structure in some of these.. the mother was a small yielding purple pheno blurry gum, I crossed it with a large male blueberry gum. Hoping to find a heavier yielder then the mum.. the second tent is of the same strain but a pheno i just refer to as citrus. YieLos well and the smoke is good. Will tryou to post more often. Keep safe

budsnblunts

Veteran
Just finished potting some clones and thought I'd share how I do mine. I use tupaware containers and peat Moss. I do also use clonex. I can do mass amounts of cuttings in a really small space. Bang them on a heat pad under two 16 watt fluros and five days later this is what we have.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

100 % success rate and with bigger containers I do about four hundred at a time when it's season..

420bears

here my update

here my update

:tiphat: looking good end of week 2 flower heading towards week 3 flower :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_133810.jpg
    IMG_20190714_133810.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20190714_133814_942.jpg
    IMG_20190714_133814_942.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG 9610
    IMG 9610
    108.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20190714_133847_368.jpg
    IMG_20190714_133847_368.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 124

420bears

i think i over crowded them they are in a 4x4 i got 9 strains in 5 gallon grow bags under 630w 2x315w 3100k bulbs
hope i get a good result its shaping up well we will see :p

420bears

yes they are 2 315w cmh lights a total of 630w im happy the penetration is all the way through in a 4x4 tent is overkill so im happy so far

budsnblunts

Veteran
Have you flowered with this before? My mate'sorry running one along side a 600 watt hps inside a similar size tent and gets big spares. I was wondering trigger the long buds were an effect of the cmh.