What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DESTROYER on Ice - 250CMH Freezer Grow

T

toodles

Hey FreezerB!!

I'm a fairly new grower and I really have to admire you guys who do these small cab type grows. I just don't know how you do it.

Destroyer is something I have wanted to try for a while. I'm an old fart and long for the old time sativas we had in the late 60's and 70's. That cheap old seedy Columbian was the best weed I ever smoked....including my Mr Nice SSH and SSH x SSH I made myself.

I hear Destroyer is one of the closest strains to the old Columbians one can get now that will finish properly indoors. So I look forward to how they do for you!

Toodles :rasta:

Nice this is looking very interesting, ill have to keep an eye on this thread, and the more I look at your fridge makes me wanna get one for my extra "parishable" items.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
XField and Rejct, Welcome to the show.

That is, in fact, a lock on the freezer. Just another selling point along with being light proof and air tight. Required by law, manufacturers can't build a freezer without one.

Hoosier and Crzy Pick this. :friends:

henrymuska

i really like the concept of scrogs, minus the fact that they take more time but the rewards are just that much bigger. an idea that i think would take advantage of your size restrictions as much as possible is to angle the screen itself which allows you to lengthen the amount of screen you can use. also if you were to angle your screens i would use two of them one plant per, which sounds like if possible you are going to scrog two anyways. but i guess im just restating it in a way of agreement. cause the more plants you scrog the less time it will take to fill your screens. sorry if this is just stuff you already know its just ideas im presenting nothing more nothing less. best of luck to another one of your awesome grows. happy growing bro!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
kallenavndk and Split, Welcome, thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy the show.

Henry Welcome. Someone's done their reading. In general, good suggestions all. My Thunk Diary was my first ever DWC and SrCOG so I went K.I.S.S. With my interest in Sativa's (Destroyer is Indica free) I feel the need to keep it to one plant until I figure out what it does. Nature limited the Thunk grow to one and BOY was I lucky it did.

A curved or V shaped screen certainly increases area and may help alleviate the middle of the ScROG outgrowing the edges (although the Thunk seemed to put more resins on the shaded, lower, outside buds.) My ScROG frame is unglued and I have 45º angles ... What I'd really like would be turning the lamp 90º but, the hood won't fit in the cab that way.

I think my smaller, stiffer mesh allows for easier ScROGging. No weaving, little pulling, just poke them back under. If the mesh gets in the way, cut it out. While it certainly takes more time, attendance at ICMag University has so magnified my yield, I'll still have Thunks to smoke a year from Christmas. Waiting 20 some weeks is nothing when you're buried in weed.

:wave: FB

FreezerBoy

Veteran
While EC has held steady, there's been a small pH rise every day. I don't know if that's underfeeding or if 2 gal pots are just harder to maintain than 12 gallons.

Things seemed a little pale so, I've upped nutes to 1/2 tsp per gallon. I believe the spots on Jo are from nute water on the leaves acting like a magnifying glass. Time will tell. Of all the girls, Meg, the oldest, is the only one NOT displaying roots.

Amy and Beth

Jo and Meg

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
That is what I looks like, nute burn, I have some on a few plants I have from when they were smaller, and I was not that careful.

Looking good FB

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Weekend Update.

Meg finally showed some leg but, her shyness has held her back. The oldest, she's also the smallest. Previously upped nutes to 1/2 tsp/gal but, things are still a little pale. (Now that Meg is showing, I've shifted to an 0-5-2.5 solution. I'm planning on some veg time.) Beth has darkened a bit, and seems poised to leave the others behind. Above and below the waterline.

Left to right, Meg, Beth, Jo and Amy.

At the risk of showing favoritism by singling out Beth, I always hated being graded on a curve and there ought to be some reward for excellence so.... Ta dah! A close-up of Beth (maybe this'll put a burr under Meg's corset.)

:wave: FB

bigherb

Veteran
freezerboy
lookin good man im really looking forward to this grow best of luck .

can somone giv a smoke report

T

TylerDurden

Hey freezerboy, I read through your last grow a while back and was really impressed by your setup so when I saw you had a new thread I figured Id take a seat if ya dont mind :lurk: Destroyer has had my attention for a long time mainly because of the description of the high. I want to find an energetic up high like your looking for, Im not much of a couch lock kinda guy although I do enjoy them sometimes. I just got some Mist of Destruction which has Destroyer in its genetics and I cant wait to get them started. Im thinking about doing a ScROG myself for those and some Cinnamon Haze seeds to manage the stretch on the sativas. Good luck on your grow, cant wait to see how they turn out. Take it easy :smoke:

Mr. Durden :joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Welcome bigherb. Enjoy the show.

bigherb said:
can somone giv a smoke report

I did my time on Madison Ave. and am always leery of manufacturer's reports. Here's the IC thread that convinced me to give it a try Destroyer grow/smoke report

"The smoke is smooth, and buzz is "let's do it!"...you can actually get stuff accomplished w/ this stuff! Powerful high." mastergrow

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Hey Tyler. How ya' been? Looks like we're looking for the same thing. Cinnamon Haze is a new one to me but have seen discussions of MOD. Look forward to your diary. :wave: