What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

175W Box Scrog Grow

beaner

This is a journal of my first grow. The box I am growing in I found the set at homedepot marked 50% off. The lighting setup is 1x 75w HPS w/ cool tube and 4x 26w Warm CFL. I am growing bagseed for my first time and will hopefully have some known genetics for my next grow.

A picture of the box done in Google Sketchup

Rubbermaid containers turn to planters.

Top Section

Flower Chamber

Plants are at day 40 and today was the first time feeding them with full strength nutes.

Plants

Day 37

Day 40

Last edited:

beaner

Underground Man said:
awesome good luck. Have you thought about making a reflector? :wave:

I havent really looked into it, once the lights come back on I can get the fans that arrived today into the box and hang the cfl, once that is back in the box should be pretty well lit. I am always open to ideas though.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
whoa... I didn't read that right... for a sec look'd like 40 days flowering and I was a little confused.... AWESOME SETUP! This is really sweet... I think I am going to build one of these simply for breeding.... will you explain in detail how you are going to train the plants to the screen...ie: weave, or under..... thanks

beaner

Berry_Coughin' said:
whoa... I didn't read that right... for a sec look'd like 40 days flowering and I was a little confused.... AWESOME SETUP! This is really sweet... I think I am going to build one of these simply for breeding.... will you explain in detail how you are going to train the plants to the screen...ie: weave, or under..... thanks

Sorry about that I should have explained that better, the plants are at 40 days of vegging.

The plants haven't reached the screen yet but once I do I will take plenty of pictures showing the training process.

Thanks for looking :wave:

Last edited:

mtnjohn

Veteran
lookin good bro...
yea ...easy on the ferts ...you can alwways give more..but if too strong..u cant give less

mj

beaner

Replaced the screen with poultry mesh, this was during fitting and its tighter now.

and those are the plants at day 44 veg.

G

beaner said:
poultry mesh

Thats the first time Ive heard it called that... that is hilarious!

chicken wire is what us red necks call it!

By the way you have a very nice set up;}

peace, Willie! :sasmokin:

G

looking great bro will tag along on this one if u dont mind :lurk:
keep it growing green!!!

waydee

Now that is some clever use of topping and LST to get them to split out like that - very nice!

I have a similar setup but use two lamps, i'm definately going to use your rubbermaids as planters idea next time round though (theres wasted space) and that training technique.

Good luck and grow on.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey There Beaner.... set-up is lookin good. Good luck and Bright White Light.

Guess I'm still a red-neck too....Poultry Mesh? ....too funny ... maybe that's why the home dump said they didn't have chicken wire when I asked....next time I'm in I'll be sure to use the more politically correct definition...too funny

BG

beaner

I have always known it as "chicken wire" as well, but while visiting the local hardware store and hunting for it, I notice the label "Poultry Mesh" ... I laughed to myself and grabbed a roll.

beaner

3days of 12/12 (day 57 total)

Depending on how they act the scrog screen might be pulled and the grow would just be LST.

No sure signs of sex yet.

Due to a timer failure the plants had ~72hrs of darkness while I was out of town, they were looking very yellow but after two days are looking good and green again.

Last edited:
S

screwdriver

I just do the LST thing. My area is small enough there is something to tie to anywhere. Good luck with the sex.

beaner

screwdriver said:
I just do the LST thing. My area is small enough there is something to tie to anywhere. Good luck with the sex.
I have found that the screen is very effective in keeping the plants height down, basically just tucking in growth and moving around stems to get maximum light exposure. When the plants stop growing I might remove it though for more mobility (I like to be able to remove the plants to check them over ect)

Still watching for sex.

beaner

Day 7 of 12/12

I am really becoming a fan of the scrog screen. Basically every day sections of the plant will grow past the screen, at this point I just go over the screen and tuck the sections back under (moving them further out) this allows me to move
shoots around to get a more even light distribution.

No preflowers yet.... :confused:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Beaner. Things are lookin good. Nice you added the CFL's. You should see some action later this week. Patience my friend. Just like a women she needs time to get ready.

beaner

Wasn't going to update today but after looking a bit before lights out I found pistils on both plants :woohoo:

about time to tuck the plants back under

after a :joint: I trimmed the underside of the screen

closer shots

-b

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts