What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mikado (SCROG) Grow Report, S.A.

Federation's Mikado from pre-2000 seed. I mention this as there was a reported break-up in the crew, and the departing partner claimed no responsibility for future genetics...but if you ask me, fed still rocks it...

-100% germination on seeds that were at least five yeas old, perhaps even older
-Nice growth in Veg, slight grapefruit aroma, leaning towards the sativa spectrum, pre-flowers during 3rd/4th week (Federation mentions this trait in their breeder's description)
-Quite stable. Basically two phenos: both look similar, one smells of sweet grapefruit (very bushy), the other like raspberry jam (slightly less bushy than previous).

***This plant is extremely bushy, if not dealt with, it will yield low and take up valuable grow space...so make sure to SCROG (or equivalent training)
-Responded well to feeding in veg. and flo., no signs of sensitivity (kept around 1000-1200ppm)
***Sensitive to hard water (if your clocking in at 200ppm or greater, correct with epsom salt during every other feed OR use dolomite lime in your soil preparation)

-Bad news is neither pheno finished in the reported 45 days...the grapefruit pheno took about 52 days, raspberry pheno 64 days, and one plant went to 72 days with 60% amber trichomes.
-Cloning will take a little longer than your average plant...expect 10-14 days for roots to show.

-Yield was ~ 2/o per 3/g of soil using SCROG

I've mentioned in previous posts that the Mik is a rumored f4 or f5 of SOL's SPG. Based on the sativa appearance/flowering time/cloning time, i cant help but to notice similarities to Federations coveted Hawaiian Sativa though.

SMOKE:
-Smooth, sweet/tangy grapefruit, non-expansive
-The head borders on anxious...very strong, psychedelic, somewhat speedy...good for a chronic smoker who need a kick...
-Cures amazingly, good bag appeal, friends love it...its not around for long when it is around

I'd love to hear any facts regarding the exact lineage/parents.

That looks mighty nice.

I know there are a few people around here who love old federation gear.

Verite used some of that Mikado for a cross and can attest to its potency.

I personaly have never tried thier stuff out or even smoked it.

The mikado sounds like some powerfull shit and if thier romulan is anything like the

original im gona kick myself in the nuts when its gone.

BEst,

OL

i too can attest to Mikado's potency

as far as crossing...i got the best results when it was crossed with heavy indica's....balances out the sativa-indica mix and the potency transfers over nicely too.

alphacat

DWW said:
I wanna take a male Mikado and cross it with my super fast Boggle for OD next year

Dude, sign me up for some o' that!!! Giving me cottonmouth just thinkin' about it...

:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

the modules are about 1' x 1'...the light used for that specific scrog was a 400w eye hortilux hps for veg and flo...covering roughly 6 sq.ft.

cheers