What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fazer's 400W DWC Scrog

Fazerbf

G'day every1 ive been lurking in the shadows for sumtime observing alot of grows and trying different methods, and have gotten sumwhat addicted to DWC.

I have never tried a scrog but have read almost every scrap of info i could find about it, and nearly every1 has a different method.
SO, im goin to learn as i go, and share my learning experiences with every1 who wished to take a look. Im also open for suggestions to improve my system

I have 1 rooted clonewhich i am using to dial in my system....8 clones in a bubbler trying to get roots (about 4 days in atm). will pick the best 2 and scrap the rest

For starters

400W MH for veg 400W hps for flower
13 gallon black hydro crate with lid
PVC scrog frame
2" plastic garden trellis
2 part VEG and BLOOM nutes fomulated by my local store
Rhizotonic
Cannazym

OK now for sum pics

Cab with tub, clone and clones

Top view

Clones

previous DWC grow - 3oz total not very good for a 400W for 2 plant grow, mites :fsu: lots of errors etc.

Thanks for takin a look any questions i will try and answer ;) :joint:

Lofty

Hi fazerbf nice set up u've got there. i also hav been wondering bout scrog, i'm currently doing an under floorboard grow (its in micro grows) and i've considered it for that. i'll b pulling a chair up and watching this one to c how u get on, we'll prob both learn som valuable lessons.

happy growing!

Fazerbf

UPDATE #1

The clones are taking a painfully long time to root, 6/8 have ALOT of white bumps all over them just wanting to shoot out roots. I have a few more cuts i was gifted in some RW cubes. I got tired of waiting and sprouted 8/8 beans so i had sumthing to look at while the clones are rooting HEHE, im impatient like that always need a backup plan incase clones dont root, i also purchased another lid for my tub and put 12 net cups in it. When i get my mums up im considering trying a DWC SOG hehe.

Since i dont have an RO filter and my TAP ppm is 390 with a ph of 7.6 :fsu:i purchased a 1part nute designrd for hard and salty water and its doing a damn fine job, ph id buffering excellent, the site for this nute is

http://www.flairform.com/Products/dutchtreat.htm

I will get some pics up when i have something worth showing.. :joint:

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Just be patient! If you have bumps then the roots will come. Are your water temps optimal? Just takes longer if the water is colder than 78. The clones dont care what your water specs are until the roots sprout.

Sprouting plants in the meantime might lead to too many plants and not enough space. Shame to waste potential plants :( Learned that the hard way recently.

Fazerbf

quick update,

bubbler clones all got white bumps, RW have root

Will dump seedlings if Clones are ok ( i have about 200 more seeds.)

Fazerbf

all my clones in the bubbler are covered in white bumps, no roots for 3-4 weeks...wtf?....they are all green and water temp @ 81f, no hormones, plain water ph'd to 5.6, all are green and healthy looking, what should i do? pull em? wait? nearly 4 weeks have gone by.

RW clones have root already, but i used powder on them.

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Have you been changing the water in the bubble cloner? I swap mine out every 3 - 4 days for best results and add a few drops of Superthrive. I've also noticed that having the box blacked out causes the roots to grow faster after the bumps show. I've had a few take 3 weeks but its limited to one plant that I assume is just a slow cloner.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts