What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

nickman

Veteran
Wow did those chem sis/pk stretch a lot...!!!... that bed is gonna be overflowing with Dank...!!!...
how much longer will they stretch? A week u think ....

Good shit Frank,

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Lester Beans - thanks, brother! I'm really looking forward to your Blueberry trials. I'm on the edge of my seat with that thread! :respect:

@Genetic Freaked - Yeah, they've just gone nuts. I'm a bit surprised as well, but not complaining!!!! Your GROM Bx2 sounds epic and delicious! We need to plan a picnic! Much love, dude. I appreciate you.

@Nickman - The Sis/PK stretched at almost an identical pace as the 9wk Cobalt. The 12wk Cobalt - does better with the light further away from it. You can see her stretch has been minimized by looking at the internodes and how they stack. I need to raise that light even more, to encourage a bit more growth on the right side. I think the left side might get a couple inches higher but otherwise, I do think they are more or less done with stretch. The 12wk plant will continue to stretch for another couple weeks if she behaves the same as she did last time.

I'm eager to see more of what you've got in flower too!

@Chuckyoufarley - Hey F.A.M. - I appreciate the kind words. I'll admit, after being out of the hobby for so long, I'm surprised at the ease in which I've slid back into it. The new base soil mix, the new amendment recipe, the new lights, the new gene pools - I'm a bit taken back myself at how healthy things are. I honestly, do not think there is a single blemish on ANY leaf in this garden. The girls are praying 24/7 even with lights out. Resin production was visible and apparent by day 13 this cycle. It wasn't really until week 4 of the last cycle that resin production was apparent, in part due to the high temps and I'm sure lack of air flow, ultimately. Fixing both of those issues has made a world of difference.

I've been preaching it for years - don't try to grow the plant, just learn how to maintain the environment and let the plant do what it does. Nothing changed in my theoretical approach to growing, I've just improved my environment and the plants are loving it. 100% WATER ONLY. Tap water at that! My next improvement needs to address water quality or else I very well could be creating a compounding issue in the soil that has yet to rear it's ugly head.

Yeah. No ball sacs on a single plant this time. Tells me 100% it was my fault last time. I owned it at the time as grower error and this round proves that. Absolutely nothing wrong with ABF Seeds. Gear is solid and stable and puts out some impressively unique plants that seem to want to yield like mad. I'm certainly sorting more of Abja's lines.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ChemSour x SSCDH F2

***GOD MODE ACTIVATED***

picture.php

:respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@GOT BUD - Didn't I just tell you, I was only trying to keep up with the kindness that had been shown to me. I wasn't kidding. LOL. Good to have you as part of the thread. :tiphat:

It has been the collective effort of many people to make this a reality. I've stressed to people the importance of this line. It was, in my opinion, the best work Phillthy ever produced and the male was capable of redefining what was considered the standard.

This is the F1 line that produced the Lazy Lightning clone and the P1 clone held and used by Top Dawg Seeds.

The line produces champions.

I'm so honored that people took me serious and for all this time, since 2013, have been working behind the scenes to quietly preserve that work. Phillthy lost EVERYTHING he was working on. It's like watching someone murder your children in front of you...

I will repopulate this line. This changes everything.:smoke out:

dank.Frank

SourDank

Veteran
So glad to see those beans found their way back your way, and I can’t wait to see what you find my friend :tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Med Grower Tom - Thank you! You know more than others what the line can do if you were awake in chat last night. :joint:

@Prodigygrower - I think this is a second opportunity at this gene pool for a lot of us. There were VERY few of these seeds released. The person who preserved these, actually got what was listed as a "breeder's pack" - it was one pack of everything released, and included additional exclusive freebies to say thanks to anyone willing to do such a thing. Truth is, they may be sitting on other gems and if stored correctly, are likely still viable...

@SourDank - me too! Talk about a wild trip. Mind blowing, honestly and it's why I've always been so grateful to be a part of this community and what these forums represent. Things like this = exactly why IC and not IG.

@Samuel Caldwell - No doubt. I'll do my very best.

@Americangrower - Thanks man. I'm just trying to get back to where I was. Stuck in the past I guess, but it's hard not to be when so much gets left unexplored. 2 packs of Zkittles x Sour D Bx2 are coming from Karma Genetics, so I'll be trying some of that new new here soon as well. Sort of hoping there may be some sort of modern sour/sweet grapefruit diesel in the line. Never had the Z, so don't know what to expect, but I trust KG.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
If its your Birthday or not thats a SCORE!!! This is the type of things I love seeing and making the forum what it is.. Sharing and keeping great lines alive..
I think its safe to say you need to put the Snow Monkey beans on the back burner and pop those ASAP.. No waiting around.. I cant wait to see what you do with this line.

Really wish Philthy was able to log on just to chime in on this.. He sure is missed.. BUT the good thing will be that a little of what he was working on will be preserved

Americangrower

Veteran
Hey brother was wondering which 1 of these would you consider the best.
1. -Grom x Digi Bx1 - Grom (Purple Indica x Rom) x Digi Berry Bx1
2. -BKGK Bx1 - Pre-98 Bubba Kush x Grape Krush BX
3. -Purple Kush Mixed - BKGK Bx1 & Kens Father x (BKGK x Digital Berry Bx1)
4. -Grom Bx2 (Grape Romulan) - Grom x [Grom x (Grom x Grape Krush)]

oh also do you know anything about the Blue Dancer Gsizzle used?

Grape Romulan x Blue Dancer REG 10

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue Dancer was a Texas Kid line - TRC. No question. Can't recall 100% what it was though. I'm going to GUESS, it might have been something Zoolander had worked on previously...because Zoo had a harem of Bluedancer at one time, and I'm sure about that too.

The BEST work I personally did is the FBPK - which is in the PK mix pack. The BKGK Bx1 is more Blueberry influence - has more variation - but produces some truly amazing plants. It does give some early 8wk plants that go full purple that are generic eh and not worth running and they tend to nanner. Only ones to do it are the early ones. The rest of the line is fire, though. The true 10wk purple phenos are candy and hard to beat in terms of bag appeal and over all effect. Stony and heavy like Bubba, but with the blueberry feel good.

The FBPK - on the other hand - grows more like a true kush - ie Paki/Afghan - smokes like a kush, but has an incredible taste that is so throw back. She tasted purple. Only way to explain it. If purple was a flavor instead of a color, this was it. But that heavy kush nose was there.

The two lines share the same father, and he was a BEAST. His center fan blades were 22" long in a 1 gallon pot. He bred heavy, indica, plum/berry/brandy flavors into things. Paired with the Ken Father - there is some truly great cannabis in that line.

Keep in mind - the GROM x Digi Bx1 is what Genetic Freaked grew that produced the male he called "Snowman" - which is the frosty male that made his own glandular trichs - and the father of the Snow Monkey line - GG4 x GROM/Digi Bx1...

There are actually pictures of ALL of these plants, documented, in the Stank Bros forum. Genetic Freaked just recently finished a GROM Bx2 plant, actually. You'll have to ask him about it.

I hope - you have access to all those. I'd love to see what you could do with some Stank. That'd be awesome to see!!! :respect:

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
Thanks brother. I read Genetic Freaks thread. I saw that Zoo grew TRC blue dancer and Grom. I figured he prob made the cross that Gsizzle used. But I searched everywhere and can't find out what is in blue dancer. I figured since it was Lonestar it would be something like Sharon widow x blueberry but I found zip.

Those seeds are for sale for a good price, tho who knows if they will pop after all these years. You know the Grom x digi caught my eye, the other 1 that did was NYCD x Grom x Blue Dancer.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm curious who is selling those genes??? Drop me a PM. This isn't the first time I've heard of my old releases being resold.

There wasn't a pack of the GROM X Digi Bx1 that sold for more than $48. The mix packs were $60 and the others were $80. If they are asking more than that, they aren't playing very fair in the first place.

I don't really have anything against it either way - regardless. I've always said, if you buy them, they are yours, do with it as you will. I've encouraged people to utilize the gene pools if they found something worthy.

I'm just thinking, if they can verify proper storage, I might jump in and try to buy back some of my own work. :laughing:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I snipped...52 branches out of the canopy from the 8 plants.

I opened the door a couple minutes before lights on and noticed the FIRST fading leaf. The canopy is thick enough, it's shading light. I've been looking at things the last couple of days wondering where the next cut off was going to be.

They haven't actually...stopped stretching yet. F'ing beasts.

I'm looking at the canopy...dismayed. I'm hearing the pecking of my fingers across several dozen of IC posts - as I consider "defoliation" - because the shading is heavy and the stretch has been wow and the lights don't penetrate deep.

So I start looking at that 16" range. I start focusing in on - pistils and resin or not - thin stems, that just aren't carrying anything but larf later. I folded down 3 or 4 four of those such branches and saw where they were sitting within the canopy. After focusing on those, and taking a step back, I could see I was making some progress. Light was hitting places it wasn't before.

The end result was me culling 52 branches, creating a new, higher canopy, that really didn't disturb the bread and butter, but has allowed WAY more light into the areas it is needed.

I didn't need to start stripping leaves. I didn't need to "defoliate". I needed proper canopy management.

This is going to get interesting. Redwood forest interesting. :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

genetic freaked

Veteran
Jesus 52 branches.. Those girls are rocking over there DF..

I hope the branching is strong enough to hold all them buds.. Sounds like its going to be a great run..

Hows the PK doing on the first go round?