What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critique My SCROG - If you'd like

G

I've done LST before, but this'll be my first "official SCROG"
(The screen has not been added yet)

I don't really know how long these have been vegging for. Probably 4 weeks at this point. They may or may not be the same strain, but whatever.

Soil = Fanfard soil with 25% perlite, some greensand, and 2 tbs limestone per gal of soil mix.

Ferts = Neptune's (2-3-1) and EJ microblast

Lights = 80 watts flouro for veg, and 70 watt hps is planned for flowering (along with additional flouros, I hope, if possible - not sure yet)

I've been trying to open up sites for stalks to grow. So far, it's coming along so-so.

These are 2 different plants, btw

Last edited:

Jnugg

Veteran
Never SCROGGED before and I have never bent a plant over.My form of training is just straight veg for 3-4 weeks then top and prune sucker growth.Veg for another week or 3 with some heavy pruning and training (tying down lead branches).

Basiclly a super crop technique?

Anyways ,I'd say you are on the right track Shibby...looking good!

G

Interesting method you have there, I'll have to keep it in mind. With low wattage HPS (70w) I think my best bet is scrog since it probably doesn't penetrate too much, or isn't that strong. Right now those are under 80w of cold flouros, though.

wotamess

lovely training there fella!
the screen will save that extra bit of headroom... another weeks veg? i say get flowering!

4 weeks veg is perfect...
how big are your pots? the biggest problem you'll face is rootlock, as the plants look much bigger than they are so one thinks the pot size can remain small... i killed my first major lst/scrog (EXACTLY like yours) due to this, and probably a high-ish ppm, but mainly rootlock i think...

D

dre86

can you avoid rootlock by placing another pot with soil just under the pot with plant in?

oh good luck on the SCROG, show us pics with the screen added!

G

They'll probably be vegging for another 3 weeks I'm guessing. The pots right now are a little less than 1 foot wide, by 1foot (maybe a little more) tall. I forget how many gallons they are. They should be able to last another 3 weeks in the pots they are in now hopefully

Last edited:
G

looking ggreat with the training just remember the longer you train and veg the bigger the yeild. herer's my current scrog at 5 weeks flower. i figure she will go another 3-4 . she stretched a bit but thats because i waited to flip 12/12 until the enitre screen plus was filled then i flipped and this is what i have now.1 plant scrog under 250wthps

G

good lord, talk about inspiration! thanks that is truly fucking beautiful :):):):)

G

so this is how its progressing...

a few days ago, the smaller leaves near the "bottom" of the stem started turning yellow. Porbably because they didn't have much food. Seems like I let it go too long and they got yellow past the point of no return :(.

Also - stems are gaining purple stripes on them.

So I fed with neptunes. Hopefully the pH wasn't too bad on em.

Going to give them one more dose of water today then transplant when they are dry next. They are about due for a transplant it seems, they've been going through water kinda fast.

Luckily, some of the smaller shoots have started to devlope more.

These 2 are stinkin up a whole room 15ftx8ftx15ft! :)

Still 24/0 and will probably be that wya for a few more weeks

9059Dizzlers.jpg

Last edited:
G

Thanks! I wish they weren't yellow. Hopefully the pH is ok but I shall be monitering it more closer from now on.

kenslick

Look good bro, I'm thinking about doing a scrog grow in the future,you guys make me think it may be sooner, I did trees this time and that's a shitload of work to, but its been great turnout. good luck bro watch that ph

G

lame update of the week, looks like the yellowing of leaves/purpling of stems has gotten worse

need to check pH more carefully and transplant, today. hopefully they'll rebound.

9059sick2.jpg

9059sickly.jpg

9059sick.jpg

G

Shibby

Are you still on 24/0? Did I read that correctly? Man, you should go to 18/6. By now your plants need a dark period to rest. I've read where you shouldn't use 24/0 past about a couple weeks after germination.

Also, be careful with your nutes after you transplant.. Every time I see yellowing with brown spots I begin to suspect too many ferts.

Good luck with your scrog!!! :woohoo:
Yeah, Swerve does provide some good inspiration, doesn't he? hehehe :sasmokin: He's helped me out as well!!

Bh

G

Thanks. I really have never seen the combination of yellowing leaves and weird brown spots like this, before.

Tutu

Bipedalhominid said:
Shibby

Are you still on 24/0? Did I read that correctly? Man, you should go to 18/6. By now your plants need a dark period to rest. I've read where you shouldn't use 24/0 past about a couple weeks after germination.

Also, be careful with your nutes after you transplant.. Every time I see yellowing with brown spots I begin to suspect too many ferts.

Good luck with your scrog!!! :woohoo:
Yeah, Swerve does provide some good inspiration, doesn't he? hehehe :sasmokin: He's helped me out as well!!

Bh

Mine have been on 24/0 since december 18th, still looking fine, they've never known dark, they will do soon I'm going to put them on 20/4 when they go under the MH as Oldtimer1 recomended it.

My clones (From these plants) have been under 24/0 as well they're doing fine.

Last edited: