What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Computer Micro Grow

G

gelowas

Welcome
I have grown my two plants since 7.02.06. This is my first indoor – the micro grow.
I don’t know yet which strains I’m growing, but any of Papaya, Northern Lights or New Purple Power. All seeds mixed in one bag.
My growbox was the old computer - server housing, his dimensions: 40x20x55.
The Sun: 70W HPS Philips Son-T Plus.
Ventilation: 9cm Fander with speed controller.
Soilmix: 3/4 Pokon basic soil + perlit + small stones on the bottom for drainage and on the top, because it protect the soilmix against drought.
Temperature near plants: 30C.
Humidity: app. 50%.
First will be 24/0 for two weeks, second 12/12 till male/female, next return 24/24 for better female plant or once female, because I’ve got regular seeds.
My drawing shows everythink else!
Comment It, please.
Update coming soon!
Regards
gelowas

polak

Hello Gelo my friend :)

If I were You, I remove those metal pieces inside box.
What did You use to made that reflective on the walls? Is it sleeping mat?
What about light leeks? Is this box full stealth? No light comming out?
Make some photos with turned off light in Your room ;)

Peace polak

br26

You are gonna put a lot of stress on those plants if you want to do 24 hours of light, then go to 12/12 for just a sex determination. You will more that likely experience hermaphrodites if you turn the lights then again back after 2 weeks of 12/12.

Sexes come eventually, no matter what. Looking them over closely about 3 weeks to a month into veg. I've almost always seen them come at this time.

Running the 24 hours is something i would stop also. It tends to stress the plant, but you may see more growth.

good luck

The Budfather

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^dont listen to him he has no idea what hes talkin about hes never grown in a computer before what i would do is separate them then jujst grow them out till they show sex just lst them and top them to keep them small trust me this way works way better thanswitching light cycles i kno ive done it before it just stresses them out and causes them to stretch for no reason why dont u stop by my thread its on this page just look around for it stop by check out my case im about a month away from harvesting my DP oasis from my cab buds are fat u should have alotta fun with this project the hardest part of it was putting together the cab now all you have is time to sit back and wait stop by im sure u have lotsa questoions just waiting to be answereed i kno i did when i first started my cab gooodluck and have fun

-The Budfather-

i dont know much about temps in Celcius.. but 30C is around 90F right? i think thats a bit too high .. itll dry out your soil and seedling quick.

G

Why would you want to grow in something so small. Isn't that a waste of potential that the plant has.

G

Hi Gelo :)
This is a very nice setup :) I'm wait for new photos. Good luck my friend.
Peace

J

JH151399-OG

Young Giver said:
Why would you want to grow in something so small. Isn't that a waste of potential that the plant has.

Some of us can't have large grows around... the need for stealth (and in many cases this is synonomous with micro) is too great. The box I'm currently toying with is 1'x2'x3' (dxlxh). I hope to pull two to three ounces every go around.

G

gelowas

Polak, I know that any metal pieces isn't good, but I want to sell the computer case past growing. On the walls is silver foil who default We can use to cars windscreen, because protect It on the summer times from high temperatures. It's very good reflecting. The Box is full stealth. It costed me a lot of work. I wanted to doing any photos, when The light turned off, but It's impossible. My camera is a cheap shit. ;)

br26, I've got 24/0 in order to plants doesn't stretch out. They must branch, plants can't grow in small box to a huge height. But you're right - My idea won't be the safest form of sex determination but other options won't be good in really small boxes.

Makavellian, I don't know much about temperatures in F...
Small stones protect the soilmix against drought.

Young_Giver, I protect my grow against household members. It's good argument for very small dimensions.

The_Budfather, I separate roots of my plants, thank you very much for good words. You've got very very very fine threads about computer micro. 80cm better than 50, really big stems, good! I have just planned my project - will be two plants. When I will see first preflowers I will cut male and will be waiting for vegetative increase second plant.

THANK YOU FOR INTERESTING!
@PEACE

G

Guys growing in computer box's had its own thread on OG! It is such a great idea, I myself will be using rubbermaid bins. Scrog stealth growing is quite amazing! You can get huge yields for them, lol.!!

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
gelowas, good luck :smile:

apart from what was already said - work on your temperature! give more airflow!

besides, don't do 24/0, later 12/12 and back 24/0 !!!

Go 24/0 until they are both quite big, next switch to 12/12 and see who is the girl :D

U have a great chance of getting 1 female, if u're lucky maybe even both :whip:

Then u will know which one to throw out and which one to keep.

There is always possibility of 2 males but i wouldn't worry about it too much.

KEEP IT GREEN

-nkots-

G

gelowas

Weekly update - second week on veg. I will cut tops today. When I must start training my plants?

The_Stoner, grow in 25l bin - good idea, but won't family have any doubts about this? :)

New Kid, thanks for drop you a line in the thread. I'm trying increase airflow, but It costs too many noise for my safety.

:pimp3: More other photos in the gallery:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4815

Rgds
gelowas

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
gelowas, u said u will top the seedlings now? good move, right moment.

start LST when new side branches are long enough for u to train them.

stay cool.

also - for more air inflow it is sometimes enough to enlarge the inlet holes!! maybe u don't have to add more fans, making inlets bigger should help in some way as well.

peace

G

gelowas

Hmmm...I said that my camera is a big shit...but the light is invisible in this room.