What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OutLaws SCROG

I'd like to call this the "Rita Recovery Grow" for my buddy DS who donated these 2 lovely "Ice" clones that grace my grow room! I lost my previous grow and new seedings to the aftermath of hurricane Rita which devstated the gulf coast following Katrina's wrath! All was lost and a very cool fellow grower came to my rescue and brought me 3 "Ice" clones from NRS seeds to replentish my garden!

Here's the original mom after I pulled back her branches on day 1:

Here's the other 2 clones, the 1 on the left is the same pheno as the mom, the 1 on the right is from a different pheno:

I just went back to the basics with these plants, I am using General Hydroponics 1-2-3 grow system which later on in the grow cycle I will add DarkEnergy growth enhancer to the mix. Ph is always at -6, I am using a PL 400wt light system with a Hortilux bulb, room is 44" x 44" square with mylar lined walls, temp is always around 65 - 75 degrees depending on the outside temps. I am using a Jet-Flo mini-drip system, mom is in a 8" pot with clay pellets (becasue that's how she came) and clone is in rockwool grow blocks. I vegged mom for a week with 1/4 strength nute solution under 18hrs. light using a MH conversion bulb while the clone was under 120wts. of floro light in my veg. cabinet on a heat pad to promote root growth. But she grew so fast I had to make room for her in the flower room!

After a week of veg. I decided to install my screen and and pull back some more of the branches, I also went to the transition stage (2-2-2) of the GH 1-2-3 system, I installed my Hortilux bulb and turned the timers back to 12/12 feeding 15 mins. every hour of light.

They don't really look like much (just yet)

Here's after a week of flowering, some inprovment! This plant has a strong lemony-skunk smell very good smell to this strain!

And here's at week 2 of flower:

I flushed these Ladies with Clearex and added fresh full strength nutes to the res. and as aways ph @ -6! They're getting better!

Last edited:
Here's the 3rd week of flower and you can see this strain really took off! They responded very well to the GH nutes no surprise there the GH system is a good all-around hydro nute system that many of you started out with and probably continue to grow with!

Here's where you really begin to see the 2 different phenos! The mom is a more "Indica" influenced plant, short statue, broader leaves and less stretching. The clone is a more "Sative" influenced plant as you can see she likes to stretch and her leaves are slimmer and longer. The mom has a strong citris lemony skunk smell and the clone has more of a fruity smell. (Just scratch the screen and give it a wiff and you'll see what I mean...LOL)

I think I just deleted week 5 pics on my camera, Damn! Anyways, I am at week 6 of flower and wil post some more pics tonight. I hope I've peeked your interest, stay tuned for more info soon!
And by the way, Happy New Year to all!
OutLaw
going out to the grow room now to tend to my plants and new seedlings!
Enjoy!

Just got back for th G/R and got new pics! I don't have a co2 system but can set up a homemade co2 jug (water, sugar and yeast) it's cheap and it works! I added a few gals. of premixed nute solution and ph balanced h2o to the res. and raised the light, all is well in the OutLaw Garden!
Anyways, here's tonights new pics at 6 weeks flower!

These Ladies are starting to put on the frost! You can't see it very well because of the crappy digi and the smell of these Ladies is freagin' awesome! I can't wait till they're ready! Just 3 more weeks to Harvest and a weeks to dry and 2 weeks to cure!
Here's more pics:

Thanks for viewing!

G

Holy cow man. She has gone wild. Gotta teach them ladies some respect for the screen. Is this your first scrog? Looks like you will have some nice buds none the less. I havnt tried ICE yet but one day i will. I want to try all the NRS varieties.

No, this is not my first scrog! I have 14 scrog grows under my belt (been doing this for 6 years straight now), the sativa pheno just stretched alot and became a pain in da ass to try and control! So I just let her grow! When I start a new scrog grow, al of the plants are the same pheno, same hieght, same age etc. These were donated clones that the ages and sizes varied and as you can see I have 2 phenos to deal with! I have 6 DoubleGum seedlings ready to go into the flower room as soon as the Ice finishes and that will be a more uniform grow!
I have had some smoke from this strain and it's good! One pheno has a real fruity taste, like froot loops the other is kind of lemony skunk but both phenos have a great high, a daytime high!
Thanks for looking

I decided to try and even these lady's branches out a bit, I pulled some down and tied up some of the buds. Now the light is better spread around and I also lowered the light a few inches to keep it as close to the plants as I can.
Check it:

Well yesterday I emptied the res. and added 5 gals. h2o and 5 oz. of Clearex and flushed the plants for 2 hrs. and the changed the res. with fresh GH nutes along with some DarkEnergy. These ladies are really turning on the frost, you can't see from the crappy digi pics but believe me... they are getting frosty!
Only 2 more weeks of flower and they are coming down!
The last week I'll turn the lights back to 8hrs. on and 16hrs. off, from what I have heard that is suppose to really increase the resin content....I dunno! This will be the 1st time I do it, anyone out there pactice this method? Your input would be appreciated.
Any ways, heres the latest update!

Thanks for looking!
OutLaw

G

Nice looking buds, gotta hate them renagade plants that don't wanna stay at the screen :)

I have never heard about the theori about 16 hours of darknes would make em produce more thrichomes, but let us know if they seem too build up more resin.

Personaly I normaly go the other way the last 2 weeks of my grow I set em to 14/10, giveing them 2 more hours of light a day and that seems to get em to build up more waight and get more dence. It might stress em a bit but still it's 2 hours more of photosynthetic activity, so it have to do some difference.

Anyway happy harvest in the near future, looking really nice allready!

Palindrome

Hey man, thanks for the input, I've peeked your interest and slacked on the updates! LOL! I've been putting in 14hr days and don't have much time to update all the time! But will try to keepit up better!
Hey Palindrome, I read about the 8hrs light/16hrs dark in Nirvana Seeds seedbank (NRS-WhiteWidow @seedboutique.com) and is mentioned in the GrowBible so I thought I would give it a shot! I am at day 64 flower now and I have seen a big difference in the size, girth and frostiness of the buds! I know you can't see just how frosty from the crappy digi pics but it's there Bro!
Here's week 8 flower pics.

This was the night I turned the lights back 8/16 so you can see form this weeks pics the difference.

And here's last weeks pics at week 9 of flower, you can see the 2 phenos alot better in these pics, pheno 1 (original mom) is just about ready, just a few more days and I'll start cutting some of her flowers! Pheno 2 (sativa clone) needs untill saturday at day 69 flower which is when I will take these lovely ladies down and clean my room out for the DoubleGum that's ready to go into the flower room!
Week 9: