What's new

ICMAGS Minifridge Clubhouse

fatigues

Veteran
Maybe......... I have seen people use a 150w HPS in a mini fridge on multiple occasions, however, most if not all were vented with a inline.

But who cares

Digikey has a ton of DC centrifugal blowers

If you are wanting to run 3-5 air space changes per minute in a 3.5cfm mini fridge, even a 150cfm is way overkill! and won't get much better even with a voltage dimmer [fan controller].

Do not trust the cfm rating on 12 volt fans. They ALL lie. The descriptions are so wrong the inaccuracies are measured in degrees of deception.

Count the amps -- ignore the cfm.

In my experience, they all SCREAM like jet engines, they really do. Most people on ICM are not going to be happy with that sort of product.

Oregonism

Do not trust the cfm rating on 12 volt fans. They ALL lie. The descriptions are so wrong the inaccuracies are measured in degrees of deception.

Of course, I agree,.....CFM is dependent on Temperature, humidity and barometric pressure.

But how much do they actually differ? and is is going to differ from manufacter to manufacturer, I mean Delta's I could see being inaccurate alot, they are cheap. However, the EPM papst, all of these offer data graphs, to illustrate your point, why don't you post a few? Because I call a little bull without something to back up the theory.

Count the amps -- ignore the cfm.
Can you eleborate, I apologize for striking back, but how is this a reliable indication of a dc fan? Seems like plausible advice.

In my experience, they all SCREAM like jet engines, they really do. Most people on ICM are not going to be happy with that sort of product.

Who exactly are you speaking for? There are handfuls and handfuls of threads with people from PC's to Microcabs using nothing but dc fan's to vent their grows.

It just seems that sometimes, someone who has done it "big" always trys and scales it down in exactly the same fashion for a micro grow.

As someone who has personally done both, its like the difference between growing HID and LED. The can fan is a great fan, seems like overkill for about 90% of peeps around here though....

Muk

Question 1: No.

Question 2: 165 to 220w PL-L. or a remotely ballasted 70w HPS.

P.S: By the time you start screwing around with PC fan combos that actually work under decent static pressure, a S&P TD-100 does not look that much more expensive anymore.

It's Not the price. I like the mini fridge for stealth... It's supposed to make SOME noise, but it will still sound like a fridge.

Vs. a dresser or cabinet that sounds like it has a 4 inch inline fan blowing inside it.
I guess i will limit myself to cfl's. but now the question shifts to cfl's with scrubber fan combos... any successful grows?

Ford Fairlane

HK in my fridge
250w hps
canna terra pro
cannavega, flores and GWS myco for veg
Canna Flores and Flairform budstorm (PK additive) for flower

gallery_44235_1307_104381.jpg

Ford Fairlane

This is GREAT I'm still stuck between micro cab or a fridge, I'll start with the cab since I have some lying around

Cabinets and fridges are both good for stealth, just depends on what suits your needs better. Fridges are cheaper, as you can pick them up for free from the dump. But either way you still need to set aside about a grand to to get setup properly.
:ying:
FF