What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hidden rooms and such...

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Reversica-Hyde.gif

I was looking at YouTube videos about this hidden rooms and spaces, and came to a couple videos of this brand of hidden doors. (videos in the Products section of the site) They are pretty cool, but I bet they're expensive.
It'd be easy enough to DIY something like this, depending on your carpentry skills.
Here's a company that does a little more custom jobs than above... I highly suggest you watch that video
I have seen people here on ICmag (shout to: Lightning Bug) turn the first part of a bedroom entrance into a closet, which was another nice stealthy way to keep guests out of your grow.

There are some books on Amazon that I've found interesting, too...
Secret Rooms, Secret Compartments
How to Hide Anything
How to Bury Your Goods
How to Implement a High Security Shelter in the Home

And while we're at it, why not
Carpentry and Construction
for those that need that link, too, to get them started in the right direction.

Just thought I'd post this to spark some imaginations...
Anyone have ideas?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Cool thread, but know that cops are very good at finding hidden rooms! I love the bookcase one above, nice pic!

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I'm sure they are. I have seen enough evidence of that just by studying news reports to make me believe. I mean after all if you can see that there is a bedroom sized chunk of a house framed out and finished on the outside, there should be equivalent space inside the house. But I have seen areas underneath staircases, and other "wasted" space that could totally use a new bookshelf. Another possible one is a closet that opens into a crawlspace or similar from inside a basement... Anyway, good call on the disclaimer, though!

ben ttech

Cool thread, but know that cops are very good at finding hidden rooms!!

i would contest this statement, as it all depends on the spacial ability of the officers...

i remember back at og, we had a young grower who lived with his parents and the cops arrived and searched the house. they didnt find his grow, but their tip was good enough that the leaned on him to the point that he showed them where he had conceled it.

few people with a firm grib on spacial understanding are forced into such dead ends and law enforcement...

cops are assholes cuz their dead blind dumb shits MOST often...

the exceptions among them are drug addicts

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
dude you guys c the one with the fire place and the chessboard? move a few pieces and walaaa fire place slides open to reveal a hidden room teehee

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
We have a cool stealthy entrance kind of like that bookcase shown on the first post. total diy w/ a nice locking mechanism. but i bet if those horrible porkers wanted to find the room, they would tear down every wall to get to it.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
dubwise:
Care to explain? Pictures of the hinge and lock mechanism?
Thx if you can!

I think more about burglars and guests when I think about designing a hidden entry way... The only way to hide effectively from the pigs is to be underground with a very well hidden entrance, IMO, and even that can fail if they watch you well enough...

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Cool thread, but know that cops are very good at finding hidden rooms! I love the bookcase one above, nice pic!

This isn't about fooling police armed with a warrant, it's about maintaining a "nothing to see here" lifestyle. I leave my garage door open so much, when the Great Fan Debacle of 08 forced me to keep the door closed, that's when people started asking questions. "We never see you anymore. What's going on?"

Had Police come looking for drugs, my freezer would've been the first thing inspected. Because they came investigating a death from natural causes, they stood right next to the freezer for hours and never had a clue.

Things right in front of us are often the most invisible. By allowing people free access to the grow area, they assume there's nothing hidden. I've always thought the Berlin Wall (Part I & Part II) was one of the coolest concepts posted here. This is the Berlin Wall with a cherry on top.

Latest posts

Latest posts