What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

TommytheCat

I use my charcoal grill. I have 2 sides that open up to place charcoal in, and a large lid on top. I close up the lid, toss the stems, leaves, old plant matter into the small charcoal doors (on top of the burning charcoal) under the lid, and seal it up and let the smoke slowly exit the smoke port on top.

The smell of the charcoal overpowers any odor from the burning plant matter (at least for me it seems to).

I just put all the plant matter into a large brown paper bag (that you can get from the grocery store), open those charcoal doors, set the brown paper bag on top of the charcoal. Close it up and it'll be gone in a matter of minutes. Just let it do its thing, and it'll all disappear.

bokashi (acid fermentation) + worm bin

basically, I make sauerkraut out of it, then I feed it to worms. Once fermented many animals will eat it, and it's a probiotic.

Even without worms, you can just bury the fermented material in a pot and in 2 months it's soil.

Also, dry trim crushed to a powder is a good top dressing fertilizer.

all that can be done in an apartment.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Rumor has it that chickens eat the fuck out of fan leaves and green matter. Too stoned from my green eggs to go outside and watch them do it, but they are great!

:joint:

turbolaser4528

Veteran
throw in woods like a scumbag, or in other people's dumpsters.

Apartment complexes are good, no cameras usually, freeway stops, or just drive into the woods if you don't have your own and empty root balls and plant matter. Then take non bio-degradable material with you.

Still Eco friendly :)

Or turn all waste into fuel for your hemp powered automobile, or burn it to heat your house and cook food!

the gnome

Veteran
i use a lawn mower, close off the side discharge and use it as a mucher.
in 20 seconds I'll pulverize a garbage bag full of stems and leaves into a pile of green mulch

B

BlueJayWay

I didn't read the whole thing (although it's much shorter than some of the organic threads i'm attempting to read front to back!), but I compost everything from my regular garden and household green waste anyways. So used soil, root balls, leaves/trimmings will all go in the compost. Question is, how long do the thick main stocks take to decompose? Seems like they'd take years, considering they make clothing and rope etc. out of it! I think years ago i remember spreading my compost pile around the yard and the stems are still perfectly intact.... maybe i'll just burn the main stems in the fireplace....

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i just throw the shit in the garbage. theres too much garbage and too many garbage cans here for anyone to be snooping through your trashbags. just throw the shit in someone elses garbage can. the end. twice a week a big blue truck almost as high as my house will come by and those leaves will quickly be lost in a metric fuck ton of garbage.

CaStoner

I make bubble hash out of all my trimmings, never just throw them out you just wasted a few grams of free hash. Once your done they can't tell what the hell it was.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Sherrif takes my grow garbage...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not wanting to put grow garbage in my dumpster and despising peeps who throw theirs on the side of the road, i tried to think of some way to rid myself of the crap that might incriminate me.

while out doing errands, i notice the sheriff dept. monitoring inmates cleaning the trash from the roadsides locally. the scofflaws that are cleaning the trash up leave it in bags on the side of the road waiting for someone to pick up and dispose of it.

going back and picking up several full bags, i return home to empty the litter into my dumpster and replace with my grow garbage....then return the bags to the side of the road.

no one will open them to inspect what is inside, no one will give them a second thought, the department disposes of my grow garbage unknowingly.

peace

M

MrSterling

Ever since I read that article on the old German woman feeding it to her rabbits I've been thinking keeping a rabbit warren could be viable for country folk. You could get rid of your scraps by feeding the rabbits, use the poop for your compost, and then eat the rabbits as well. Full circle.

djonkoman

Veteran
beginning this year I had some trim left in a garbage bag(big leaves, not worth hashing), just burned it in the backyard. wasn't much, burned quickly to an unrecognisable state

paper_clip

I came up with a good idea I had trouble thinking of how to get rid of branches, why not just put the branches in your bag of grass from the yard? Just break the branches up and mutilate them as much as possible so there's nothing but broken up branches and after the yard work is done just take the branches and put them in your bag along with the grass and other branches from the yard.