What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germination.. what methods do you use??

J

jws0007

Thanks steppinRazor. Love the name by the way, I use to have Lou Dog as my avitar. I am going to start in rockwool and move to coco coir. Then use rockwool as a cloner as well.

Yellowmoon

I wrap them into wc paper and put the thing into a ziplock bag for a couple of days. Sometimes I plant straight into the soil. Works fine both ways.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

i use vermiculite in a foam cup with holes at the bottom to pick up water. i put the cup in a larger container with water high enough to cover the holes that way they can keep the medium moist. in a couple of days they start poppin. i would say i have had 80 to 90 percent success rate. i found this in seedbank.com in the grow guides. seems that there are a lot of people using paper towels

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
jws0007 said:
Thanks steppinRazor. Love the name by the way, I use to have Lou Dog as my avitar. I am going to start in rockwool and move to coco coir. Then use rockwool as a cloner as well.

haha Right on man Sublime 4 Life!!

as far as starting seeds in Rockwool.. i tried it out and i cant say it did bad but you better believe you gotta transplant into soil as soon as possible..

i experimented with a few seeds in rockwool i have 2k watts.. this clone dome was chillin in the same room with some cfl above it.. and the few i experimented in seemed to stretch like a mofucker!!

funny thing is as far as clones go ive never had such a problem..
i chalk it up that clones are specifically working on root development aand thats the only reason they need the light.. as far as seedlings go they are going in two other directions.. one searching for light and the other tapping into the ground as deep as possible..

im not saying it doesnt work cuz it obviously does i just cant think of a practicle reason to use rockwool from seed.. at least using the growing methods i do...

Good luck with the coco i hear its a pretty good medium.. i just go with my tried and true and maybe do a few small expoeriments here and there..

i took a package of 50 blank cds and took the cd's out. broke the rod that goes through the middle of the cds and then put seeds in a moist paper towel. i then put them in the old cd holder and put the lid on. place a beainie or some type of tight fitting hat on it and place it somewhere a little warmer than room temp. my results have always been very good.

-McChris-

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
hah! right on cool to see theres still posts goin on here.. definitely some valuable information..

i think my next germination (which will likely be Far Far away as i like to use clones) im going to do a few experiments and see what i like best of these methods..

Keep it up IC Overgrow the Bullshit!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts