What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 1000 watt phone booth club!!!

bambam

very nice dan! So what made you go with the 600/400 set up over the 1000? The mixed lighting? Looks good!

G

well its really a 400 watt hps and a 600 watt hps .but i put in a 400 conversion bulb to try something new. and i have heard that staggering your lights is the best way to flower you get a more real close to what is natural.and having the blue light helps with the sativas i was growing .i still have a 400 eye i could through in but i am going to stick with this for now. i also have a 400 watt mh never used mybe one day .but i veg under a 250 watt mh .now that its getting cooler i could add the 400mh or add the farmtek 200 watt cfl light making it 450 watt for vegging. but in summer time it gets too hot for all that wattage and now i can add what i whant i like that i can add or take away to keep temperatures in check.
thanks dan

Bake_McBride

I'd like to join. I don't have a phone booth, my space is 6x5x6. It's not a tent, more like a 2x4 frame with a black/white poly paper skin. but I do run a 1K MH. At the moment I'm running Straw D and Chemdog Double D. Here's some recent pix.

Two trays in, two to go. Both trays are mixed with both strains.

Random budshots

More Random budshots

Strawberry Diesel

Chemdog Double D

bambam

Hell yea guys this one is rocking! Love all the grows and ways we can run these tents and 1000watters! Nice to have the group along! Will post pics later today of what just came out of mine.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
happy to say I'm finally in the 1k club picked up a hydrofarm with a batwing reflector. Gonna be used in a 4x4 space.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
I guess i should chime in here , got all my equipment ready and my place setup just need to wait until my doc appt and get my rec then ill be off to pick up some clones..

working with:
DR150
6" super sun2 a/c reflector
1K HPS
2 6" vortex fan
1 6" Axial fan
6" 40 lb carbon filter

not sure how many plants i want to run, i was going to go to sr71 and get purple kush clones if they have them if not ill get the hindu skunk, unless someone has a better idea?

so how many clones should i run in my dr150

also should i do soil again or do hydro???

I was wanting some kind of 16 plant hydro setup.... but maybe i should do soil? if i used soil how many gallons per bucket should I use for 16 plants? (my space is 4' 11" x 4' 11" x 6' 7" for those not familar with dr150)

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
NorCal420: good to see you've made your way out to cali!!!
If it was me running soil in individual containers, I'd go with 3 gallon bags and veg for about 3-4 weeks depending on growth rates.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Yes Bambam I have a 1000w hps in there. I've never run those strains Norcal, but right now I've got 2 Double Dutch and three DSD in mine. Will be culling the DSD,(hate hermi's) I figure I can put 9 topped DD clones in my 4x4 HB, 2-3ft tall, and fill the space with a nice even canopy. Right now they're in 1.5-2 gallon plant pots but will be switching to 3 gallon grow bags for my clones. Maybe grow 'em a little taller, but not sure.

Last edited:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Nice lookin GDP ya got there. I'm planning on grabbing a dr120 for my 1k. Go for the higher wpsf

P

Peat

BUMP

BUMP

Hey bambam
Great thread! I stumbled here while seaching 1 kW grows...to see how other folks do it. :joint:

If it was me running soil in individual containers, I'd go with 3 gallon bags and veg for about 3-4 weeks depending on growth rates.

:yeahthats
I'll second that, FirstTracks!
I just wish you'd a told me sooner! :wink:

My telephone booth is a DIY 5'x5'x7.5' cabinet made of luann & 1x1s.
W/ cardboard strips assisting the "lightproofing" of the seams. :redface:
Most of it was my old cab...It's been with me a looong time...
(My plants are on a 4'x4' DIY drain table. So, that's my real footprint?)

I veg under a 430WHPS (my previous flowering light.)
My SSH needs only a few daze of veg.
But, my SDOG needs 4 weeks ... maybe 6... still dialing....

:2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts