What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noob with 3 plants , First Grow

Hello All!

So I have 3 plants I raised from seed, and I finally pulled them out and shot pics of them. A few issues here I am hoping to understand and correct.

#1. The Color and The Health of the plants. Any opinions or any obvious visual signs of something going on. I Can take more detail pics but this is all I have for now.

#2. I am growing in Coco in Fabric Pots, but using Ebb and Flow, so I am getting Mold all on the side of my plants. I am waiting to see if this Neem Oil/Alcohol/Ro .5. trick works, as I applied it a few days ago, and it seemed to cURB the mold, and no new mold has grown, however I am only Feeding Every other day.

#3. I noticed a bit of Root Rot on ONE of the Smaller plants, So I mixed some OG ROOT PACK into some RO Water and applied HALF of that batch, waiting for another 3 days and will apply the rest, as I suspect this is what is stunting the growth.

I started with RO 5.5 , Then introduced CalMag , Then started to feed them DynoGrow and everything was fine until my 5th or 6th Ebb and Flow Feeding (Before was ALLLLLLL by had) and thats where things took a turn for the worst. PLants DID NOT like this and I decided to flush using Ro 5.5 and Hydrogaurd for 2 weeks Every other day, No visible signs of recover but NEW GROWTH LOOKS GOOD and I am told thats whats important.

any suggestions would be great. I have a TON of nuts, helpers (Nitrogen, ClearEx , HydroGaurd, OG Root Pack, ect ect ect) so hopefully whatever I need, I have.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance =)(

Attachments

• 4M1B9583.jpg
    4M1B9583.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 4M1B9571.jpg
    4M1B9571.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 4M1B9570.jpg
    4M1B9570.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 4M1B9563.jpg
    4M1B9563.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 4M1B9562.jpg
    4M1B9562.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No mention of EC or pH is your first problem. Definitely pick up a bottle of SM90.

Hey guys, thanks a TON for the info and fast response.
I will act on this advice and hopefully
Report back with some pics of some nice
Healthy plants.

Another question I had,the OG ROOT PACK was applied with water,
Do I need to worry about flushing that "
Good bacteria out or does it bind to the roots and do its thing?
I was unsure to apply with water vs. applying the powder which
I really didn't understand how to get the powder down into the soil.

Irotas

I would not feed anymore for awhile, let the soil get pretty dry, and water with a higher ph around 6.5, because I believe your ph may be low.

You don't want to flush the good bacteria out, that is what helps feed the plants.

I think you are flushing way to much, and the plant's are not getting enough oxygen to the roots. Try letting them dry out before watering, but don't let the medium get completely dry, but fairly moist.

Joint Lock

Want to make things easy go get a 5 gallon or 3 gallon potter . fill it with a nice potting mix made of 50% perlite 50% good soil . u may need to find a good potting soil like sunshine mix or any mix really as it is just add perlite to it

This will help prevent u from over watering and feeding as it will wash right threw after a few waterings . for most part then go get u some maxiboom use 3-5 grms per gallon

mix the maxibloom in a cup of warm water before adding to a gallon jug of water . if u let it sit for few hrs before u use it . This will buffer ph to a usable range for the nuets/ferts to be used by the plant just add perlite to any potting mix . this is as simple as it gets .

I would let the soil dry out a lot but not to much and transplant into something new mixed of soil and perlite atleast to 35% ratio with perlite

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy fuck, you two need to stop replying. If you can't be bothered to read his first post thoroughly, don't waste your and his time replying with irrelevant nonsense.

He is growing in coco. If you know nothing about coco, don't reply. End of story.

Drop the beneficials. Never let the medium dry out, never stop feeding. What you need to focus on are the essentials. Dialling in watering schedule, maintaining correct pH range and feeding at proper EC.

Buy a bottle of SM90, add to every water from start to finish. Get your ass into the coco subforum and repost this thread. You are growing in a medium with specific parameters for good growth, random bassackward advice from other newbies is only going to get you dead plants.

If you think I'm being harsh, both of you come back to this thread in a year or two and reflect on your advice.

Epsom? Really? FFS

LostTribe

Premium user
No mention of EC or pH is your first problem. Definitely pick up a bottle of SM90.

SM-90 is very nice I combine it with cannazyme to keep roots in good health.

The cannazyme breaks down dead roots and promotes new growth. Hydroguard does the same but at a slower rate. I am in the process of switching products after reading a study.

The SM-90 is a great product a wetting agent that is all natural and even smells great. It kills pretty much everything from root rot to algae. It is also used in foliars to expand the coverage. Great stuff.

BTW, sm-90 is made by nutrilife and they state that it will not kill your bennies and is ok to use with hydroguard or cannazyme.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
and if your ph is rising out of control on every water add then you have a root problem usually algae.

Thanks LostTribe, Algae was definitely my problem in the rez before I went drain to waste.

So I have the SM-90, So I make a mixture of that with 5.5 feed the plants with that? The directions want me to spray it. I am not really sure about this, as again, I an new to this so spraying the leaves doesn't seem right. Do they just mean spray the top soil?

Thanks gusy

Holy fuck, you two need to stop replying. If you can't be bothered to read his first post thoroughly, don't waste your and his time replying with irrelevant nonsense.

He is growing in coco. If you know nothing about coco, don't reply. End of story.

Drop the beneficials. Never let the medium dry out, never stop feeding. What you need to focus on are the essentials. Dialling in watering schedule, maintaining correct pH range and feeding at proper EC.

Buy a bottle of SM90, add to every water from start to finish. Get your ass into the coco subforum and repost this thread. You are growing in a medium with specific parameters for good growth, random bassackward advice from other newbies is only going to get you dead plants.

If you think I'm being harsh, both of you come back to this thread in a year or two and reflect on your advice.

Epsom? Really? FFS

COPY THAT SIR!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SM90 has foliar and root mixing instructions on the bottle, a 5:1 ratio of water:SM90 or 2-3ml per gallon of mixed feed.

Foliar works well enough (makes for shiney leaves), but at the suggested mix rate costs out the yang. I sometimes add 20ml to a litre as a back up wetting agent for spray.

The real benefit is adding to nutrient solutions.

Nutrilife claims it only effects anaerobic microbes, but there is little evidence to support this. They also claim to have bought the recipe from a chemist who died soon after. From what I gather he is still quite alive and would be surprised to learn of his demise..

I never randomly open up the bottle for a wiff..

One extra day without work and my mind goes to seed...