What's new

The term Fimmed

Scrappy-doo

Topping = split in 2
Pinch off or cut off the newest growth wherever you want it to split.

Fimming = split in 4
A bit complicated to describe , but if you searclh youtube there's how to videos on both methods

Obsidian

Veteran
what I'm guessing you want to know about is cloning, do some research with the search function on "topping plants" and "cloning" then figure out what you want to understand, then come back and let us know.

now fim = "fuck it I missed" method of topping
the method involves not removing the complete meristem.
you pinch it off with finger tips...ie "fuck it I missed pinching the whole top", leaving some of it behind to split into however many new shoots of growth fate decrys.
fim method was developed by a fellow member on Mycotopia back in the 90's.
You can not control the amount of shoots to grow out of the FIM pinch.
topping does not split the plant into 2 plants. it creates multiple branching.
Cloning produces more than one plant from a Mother plant.

Extacie

Fimming is better imo but dif strains respond differently. YouTube will show you how to do either. Best of luck

gardener60

I guess this is what i mean Pinch off or cut off the newest growth wherever you want it to split. I hope this is more clear.

TedNugget

FIM stands for "Fuck, I missed" (at least that's what I was always told it stands for... lol).

Instead of pinching off the whole top growth shoot/set of new leaves, you punch off like 1/2 or 2/3 of it and it will grow into multiple tops instead of just 2.

I would suggest looking at pictures of this technique. It's easy to see what we are referring to if you look at pics.

Mednugs

Fimming is great. I had to restrain myself to not employ to many techniques to fast or on one plant. Consider Monster Cropping.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
where new set of leaves branch from the stem, this creates a node. in between the new leaves and main stem are tiny buds, or shoots. when you cut the main stem at the top, it ceases to grow there. what continues to grow is each shoot that you left behind. those new shoots become the new top(s) of the plant. the remaining branches also grow up to make up for the loss of the leading branch. you may top these branches as well to create a bush. topping slows a plant down to a point, but a healthy plant doesnt mind and what you spend in time by losing growth you gain in girth and vigor. if you are going for an even canopy like me, just top or bend any stem that seems to be getting too tall. the rest will fill in to take its space, resulting in more branches budding closer to the light :)

dont be afraid to cut, just make sure the plant is healthy and dont cut until the 4th node forms. after the plant has recovered you can top each new "split" to create 4 out of 2. etc. i have been topping and bending my plants quite a bit lately. they are tough as shit.

what? you dont have youtube or something?
thats a pretty good primer

http://www.growweedeasy.com/topping-fiming