What's new

too much cal mag ? calimagic

chronosync

Well-stoned member
i showed this pic to a grower friend (old hand) and she said to stop using the calimagic, she said my nutrients already have enough, which makes sense because im using cocotek A+B and it has the same amounts as the calimagic already included. i guess she gave me that bottle just in case, and they have had their fill.

i'm pretty sure she would know, just thought id share the pic to show and also any feedback is appreciated!
thank you.

what ive been doing: 3gal pots coco, gh cocotek A+B @ 5ml/gal, calimagic @ 5ml/gal

-cheers

pic with leaves curling im guessing is because i got brave and bumped the A+B up to 7ml

Attachments

• P10500477.jpg
    P10500477.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 15
  • P10500488.jpg
    P10500488.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 11

Extacie

Yeah that's too much cal/mag and it looks like to much nitrogen to. Might want to do a light flush and give diluted nutes after. Best of luck

expealadocious

Yeah looks like its about to get the claw look... cut back.
If you're using tap water you probably dont need cal/mag other than the occasional dose unless the plants show you otherwise.

When using chemical nutrients its also important to closely moniter your PH or you could end up locking up the very nutrients you're trying to deliver, and ultimately poison your plant.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
thanks guys. i stopped adding cal/mag, flushed them good and let them rest for a few days, fed again @ 3ml/gal, raised my lights a bit, the plants look alot healthier and havent slowed down :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Cal mag is for use w Ro water most bloom nutes have enough to get you through without it only the last 3-4 weeks of flower too. I use calmg at 5ml/gal