What's new

first time grower please help

hitmanjay99

Hi im new to this site and to growing
I started to germinate 3 seeds .. they have been growing in a home made grow cupboard .. they are about 5 weeks into veg so 3 days ago I decided to put them into flowering 12/12 as the 3 plants messured ...
29 inch and the other two plants 22 inch from soil to top
question is i dont seem to get any odor i used to smell some odor but recently doesnt seem to smell unless im imune to the smell as i sleep in the same room and spend alot of time in there ?

i would like to show some pictures they are about a week old the photos and the plants are 5 weeks old in the photo do they seem to be growing ok ? im first time grower and would just like some help please no slaggin off my plants lol , its home made cheap grow cupboard

https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#

ps they are Feminized Early Skunk #1

Attachments

• SDC11140.jpg
    SDC11140.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 14
  • SDC11141.jpg
    SDC11141.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 13
  • SDC11143.jpg
    SDC11143.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 8
G

Ghostdawg

your plants look good they might smell once there a few weeks into 12/12

hitmanjay99

Thanks this is my first time and i been using CFLs i know they are not best choice any idea on how long to flower them because the site i purchased the seeds said 40 days .. but ive heard that is very short to flower ?

G

Ghostdawg

some strains can be ready in 45days just flower them and keep your eye on the resin glands
you want some amber trichomes..if you keep posting here as you grow members here will keep you right...what strain is it your running...i am about too start my first grow soon buying
400watt this week...your plants look great for ur first grow

Mednugs

I would also recommend getting a decent jewelers loupe with a good light. Then will start the battle on what tricome mixture is best to pull the ladies. But that's another post.

They look very healthy....u will want to move up from cfl by your next grow I would bet....although cfl will grow u some good medicine......the only issue u may have is them getting too tall....the first 2 week of flower is a 'stretchout period' your plants rapidly double and even triple in height with some strains....the skunk varieties are about a double...BUT, alot depends on your system, lighting, nute program.....but going into flower with 2ft+ plants will get pretty big....remember u can tie them over if u must or even 'snap' taller branches over at 90 degrees...they quickly get a knot and crank right along...just dont do it too far into flower...wont be as pretty but the finished product speaks for itself...they are enjoying the program so far.....peace out...YT

Looking good..follow some of the advice here..you look like your on your way to a good harvest..I'd advise patience to let them go atleast 60-70 days

Latest posts

Latest posts