What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Vaporizer

phattybudz

Dude, has anyone tried that arizer?? That thing looks sick, and it's like half the price of a volcano...! The remote control is pretty absurd but all in all that looks really nice, I'll definitely get one if someone posts a good review..

jbig, have you actually tried it, or are you just basing that on how it looks/the features? I'm skeptic anything is better than the volcano.

Last edited:

phattybudz

Bump anyone tried the extreme yet?!?!? I want to order one but if its way weaker than the volcano I'll save up for that....

I bought one two months is that the fuji digital volcano knock off? I got it in venice for 280 otd once you get the right temp dialed in its bomb. I also have a hot box.

Muleskinner

Veteran
If my Volcano broke down I'd definitely get it serviced, it's probably something very minor.

I still haven't found anything as good as the Volcano, btw. For cheaper ones I still like the Aromazap very much.

I've heard that the newer valve assembly (the disposable one) on the Volcano is not as good as the old one, so I'd stick to the old one - they still offer it.

phattybudz

I ordered an extreme arizer, so I will post a review about it as soon as it gets here. For $260 it's got more features than the volcano and it's half the price. I'm pretty sure I'll be stoked, I've seen good reviews on other forums.

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
So i just got back from some shows and i was checking out the local glass etc. this one shop i checked out had this glass mount that fit perfectly on top of your volcano with two hoses so if you had two people you could puff the vapors etc. and it also has an attachment to so you can change it out from a hose to an attachment that fits in your bong and puff your vapors through a bong. I think im going to go back and buy it next weekend and give it a try any of your ever heard or seen/tried it before?

phattybudz

The Arizer (arizer.com) is basically a volcano that costs half as much with a few differences...

Pros: Sweet design, sturdy, nice bowl, comes with extra bowl/bag and a nice glass poky stick, whip/bag option, remote, taste *almost* as good as volcano, <half of what a volcano costs$$$! Takes up less space too.

Cons: Top pieces get hot at full temperature after only 1 bag --- not for serious multi-person sessions, Fan is slightly slower than volcano, and the mouth piece doesn't have a push-in valve on it, so you have to use your thumb. Future models need a better way to connect the bag to the bowl also.

Highly recommended, I'm just as high right now as I would be with a volcano. They're also making a battery I hear. Sweet sweet machine. It's not a volcano but it's a very close second!!

Last edited:

Rickutr

Verdamper is still the best - the only one besides the heat gun that can vape hash the whole way through not just the outsides of the hash piece

zonkerpup

I am suffering greatly right now, as my super vapezilla has been in their repair shop for almost two months. The digital controller went out after about 18 months of continous use. The company has been great about communication and honest about the lead time on repairs (labor is free for lifetime; you only pay for parts). But for my money the vapezilla is the best medical vaporizer around for a mostly at home patient. The little fans push the vapor gentley through the glass connection piece and up through the tygon (sp?) tubing. So there's no need to suck down on the hose to draw the vapor up. Makes it too easy to sit for an hour "watching TV". Best purchase in 38 years of toking.
Peace, Kathy

Serenity

Agree with everything phattybudz says. I'd recommend the extreme vaporizer too - had mine for a fair few months of daily use and it's still going great (even after quite a few knocks and falls). The fact that you can either bag or whip it decided me on this model. It does get hot after use, but never enough to burn my fingers (I don't run it at max temp as it gets the weed faaar too hot and starts to combust. I even had a flaming ball of floating burning weed in the bowl when inhaling hard at full power!). The only time you have to be careful is when removing the glass bowl, make sure that you only hold it at the top, the bottom is pretty much directly on the heating element! Mine is the first gen model and it came with a 'party bowl' which is covered in a thick plastic sleeve so that it's cool to the touch and better for parties.

You can also use the fan with the whip, as with the vapezilla, so that it pushes vapour out of the whip for you. It has an auto-off timer for those times you get too stoned and forget about turning it off.

Easily my best drugs related purchase. Probably my best purchase of all time.

U

ureapwhatusow

Did lots and lots of research

it was a toss up between aeromed and Silver Surfer

went silver surfer, I can attach the silver surfer to my bond and fiter the water aeromed still looks sweet butr im real happy with the SS

growdak

skunke said:
I personly have a herbal air and it the best bang for a buck their is!

I love my Herbal Aire, it is definitely the jam. It's pretty easy operation, has a replaceable air pump and can do bags or whip.

JBIG420

thought I would come on here and drop some info for the people interested in vaping

I have experience with a good number of vapes and since the last time i have been here I have tried a few more, including the arizer and a few others so I will give a quick run down of my vape experiences

HEATGUN - my first vape experience was a heatgun. Steinel used to make the best one, but as long as the heating element is good you can use ANY heatgun (my friends love the wagners) and you can use it with any bong, just find the right distance etc. This is still one of the very BEST ways to vape IMHO. Taste is awesome, and you can go as light or as hard as you want... not the bets for health but better than smoking (BTS)

VAPOR BROS/VAPOR DOC - wooden box vape. hot box and many others are basically all the same with slight differences. People tend to find the small differences very influential as to what kind they like, but mostly these are great cheap vapes. You get a good range of temps and you can get some thick rips. Not the best for health but BTS

VOLCANO - Bag filler vape - I got 3 of these. 2 originals and 1 digit. They are probably the best still. not for taste tho, that is probably the weakest aspect that and the dryness. Still, these vapes require little cleaning/bag switching and work essentially the same for anyone regardless of your experience. also, GREAT and EASY to use for health if that is you goal

VALLOON - this was a glass attachment for a heatgun made by the Vrip guys and it was OK but they dont sell them anymore, dont remeber exactly why. they were kinda not worth it anyway

VRIP - high tech version of the heatgun vape and good for health but I prefer using a hotter temp and using a regular deep bowl with a glass screen rather than the special vape bowl and dialing in the good temp for health. BUT it does work pretty well so if you like that idea then you may really enjoy this one

SUPER VAPZILLA - high tech box vape. works really well, and is pretty easy to use. A little more effective vapor than the volcano and better taste as well but the user will need some practice to get the technique they like for breathing down. all in all it was kinda expensive but a really good tool and GREAT for health as you can dial in the temp. a bit more work than a volcano too

VAPOR GENIE - vapor pipe. i hated it, hard to get workin right and not great vape hits just not good

AROMED TULIP - nice vape idea but a little too fragile. I also found it not to be good for people who need more than a couple hits. the glass tubes broke but the unit was OK in general, if you were real careful you could maybe use it with success

VAPOLUTION - pretty awesome. its basically like the vapor doc/bros box vape style, but its all glass AND it can go portable. The unit works pretty well, and you got a good temp dial, the battery however only works OK for a short time... but hey its probably the best portable vape out there. fits in my cup holder and has a car adaptor also... pretty sweet, also not super healhty but BTS

EXTREME - this is the arizer unit that is like a glass version of the volcano. pretty sweet, it is a little flimsy compared to the heavy volcano but works nicely. the places they improved the volcano were great, better heating element and all glass pieces etc. but they could still make this a little better. all in all a great vape for the price

IINHALE - hand held vape, only tried this at the cannabis cup but the people who made them could not instruct me on how to get a "big hit" and told me it was only for little hits. The way it uses butane for power is AWESOME... but the thing just didnt work for me at all so I had to say it would be worthless till they get it producin THICK vapor hits

VAPIR ONE OXYGEN MINI - portable plastic vape. its awesome except for the strange plasticy smell and taste. they have some instructions as to how to eliminate this by putting the unit in the oven or something, but really thats kind lame. The unit is AMAZINGLY small and has all options for portability or home use, and works fairly well except for the smell and taste

VERDAMPER - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. use this one in Holland every year, and I love it. this is possibly my favorite vape at the moment but it is hugely cumbersome and totally needs to be taught to use properly. The look and feel is awesome, the vape hits are TASTY and EFFECTIVE! I am interested in the portable version but havnt tried it yet

also wanna try the herborizer more, seemed like it was a decent tool as well but only tried one hit in a busy atmosphere

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Has anyone tried the Volatizer? It's a little handheld plastic unit. Seems mighty fine as a portable, but it's pricey at $450 or so.

elfstone

The Extreme Vaporizer by arizer.com is nice, though it is not as solidly constructed as the Volcano. We had the interior "glass heater cover" break, but it was fairly easily replaced. We ordered the part and did it ourselves. It now works just fine. Apparently the better half pushed the glass cyclone bowl onto the heater cover and left the unit on for several hours. When I tried to lift the cyclone bowl, it had expanded and contracted too hard and attempting to get it off, caused the heater cover to crack.

Nonetheless, a generally good product.

Ganjastar

I have been smoking for some awhile and love to use a few of my vaporizers from Vapor Wizard. I love the taste, but the time it takes and how dry it makes my throat feel makes me sway to towards smoking. But with smoking comes a cough, which nobody enjoys. So I have been looking around for a new vaporizer and doing my research on some products, but before I purchase anything I wanted to have some more input from people rather than companies. I currently own a digital box/whip vaporizer with a hands free glass joints and a vaporgenie. The problem with the box setup is that the user has to pull, and it is hard to get a huge rip without a lot of effort. Also, the vapor is hot and does not cool much before it enters the user. This is not a vaporizer that could replace smoking for me. The genie is awesome, but I want something better that can cool the vapor.

View Image

I have looked at the volcano, Vapir One, Vapezilla, and pretty much every other vaporizer out there. However none of them are exactly what I am looking for. For instance, the heating element used in the Volcano and how the vapor sits in a bag. Or with a whip, the vapor is hot and you have to pull, which is usually a lot of effort for a little hit. Well, I think I finally found one that can do what I am looking for. Has anybody on here used a heat gun to vaporize? You can use a bong you already own with a special bowl, add ice for cooling or even water if you please.

I found a deal for one that is not too expensive,
https://www.gotvape.com/offers/gun_bowl_offer.php

There are some better heat guns and kits, but the get a little pricey. The Vriptech is an example of this. However their website was very helpful, maybe some of you would like to check out this article:

https://www.vriptech.com/comp.htm

View Image

So, should I buy the digital heat gun or would I be wasting my money and just go back to smoking? I want a vape that can provide big amounts a vapor. I would imagine using a heat gun and a glass bong with their special bowls would allow me to get some pretty big and tasty vape hits. If anyone has had any experience with these please feel free to provide some insight for me.

I love a DIY project, the gun isn't a bad idea but I'd prefer to buy a vaporizer instead of risking ruining the pipe

coxnox

Veteran
Hi,

Does someone have tested the new herborizer ti ? sublimator ? what the new vapoizer on the market ? best for your buck ?

Halonium

Go check Dynavap and their wonderful Vapcaps! I would say that their "M" is the best you can get for a decent price!

Latest posts

Latest posts