What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back from the group ride,turned into a sort of half and half ride...half slow and mellow,then some flat out sprinting and general pedal crush-ery...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Well that's a relief! I thought it was going to be over 100 today, but it will likely be 83 degrees. I was out watering 44 males at 4 am this morning, The pots are too small, and dry out in a day. I put 2 sprinklers in the Kennel grow.

103 on Monday.

Ive got a 3 day weekend, after today. Ill try and post some pics of the new strains soon. I need to get the females in the ground, and harvest pollen from 7 more assorted males. Sometimes I wish I was retired already. Running this many plants is a full time job.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Well that's a relief! I thought it was going to be over 100 today, but it will likely be 83 degrees. I was out watering 44 males at 4 am this morning, The pots are too small, and dry out in a day. I put 2 sprinklers in the Kennel grow.

103 on Monday.

Ive got a 3 day weekend, after today. Ill try and post some pics of the new strains soon. I need to get the females in the ground, and harvest pollen from 7 more assorted males. Sometimes I wish I was retired already. Running this many plants is a full time job.

Excellent poem, brother! I hear that on the full time job watering plants. It's clone season here, I have to water lots and lots in flats with a turkey baster. Pretty tedious, but it'll pay off. I think I make more off those than the half crop I get outdoors every year.
Not any more, Overgrow has hooked me up with some mold resistant genetics, and I'm gong to try to pull it off this year! Just put them into water last night, and going to plant them today:) I hope I have a season left! Whatever, I will just do them indoor too, so you guys can check them out sooner. Have fun on your three day weekend, buddy!

Glad you got your heater fixed, Hammer! Sucks that everyone is a douche.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

another day,another pot of french press and a fat joint...errands to run in a bit,bills to pay and a grow store run...gonna pick up the general organics squid juice product today...it's basically fish emulsion but made from squid which they claim is somehow more sustainable...anyway,the feed chart,which is like the instructions for use,that i hadn't bothered to look at for a few years,says the squid juice will add flavor and since the rest of it was right as far as the whole pH thing,(who knew that was important for growing?:)),and no doubt is right about the weekly flush so i figure worth trying out...

end of week 4 in the led room...i saw a buddies grow on insta and he's a few days ahead of me with way more lighting and bigger plants but it looks like the bud size is the same for me under leds as his space under gavitas and cmh lamps...

just another week in the main room and i can harvest those plants and start cleaning the main rooms and getting the tent set up...need to do some up-potting today to get the 6 plants for the tent ready...gonna need to get another wall fan for the tent but aside from that i should be set...

good ride last night,i was pretty sore when i got home...those all out sprints take some energy...especially middle of the night desert dirt road sprints...some exciting moments when you hit a sandy patch you can barely see!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Snake 2, toads 0. I've never seen this many snakes eating gigantic toads! No wonder the bugs are so bad!
Just mixing up a fresh batch of soil for the new seeds, and it took 17 1/2 gallons to flush 2 1/2 gallons of coco down to 50 ppm. Not pleased with that, GH CocoTek! My last bale was like that too. 2-300 ppms of salt! I noticed my plants looking really shitty after a new batch of soil last time, and salt was accumulating on the surface! I had to flush everything and the huge bin of soil! Booooooo! I will probably go with another brand next time, but I already bought like 5 bales. Until then, I will be preflushing my coco:(

Uncle- glad you had a great ride, it was awesome outside last night. I did like the squid juice, it kept everything nice and green. I just use Alaska Fish Emulsion now, it equally smells like shit, so you know it's good. That whole "GO" line up was dynamite. Coffee sounds good, I might do that too:)

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_120601.jpg
    IMG_20190607_120601.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 3

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:time to head out before it gets too hot...might have our first 100 degree day soon...happy joy!

got a bunch of garden stuff to deal with so i better get moving if i want to take a nappy today...

Goats

thinking about cycling in 100 degree weather is about to make me start sweating. you're a madman, unc. a madman with scary calves!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it still beats the crap out of driving...it's not so bad,just means i have to haul a ton of water along for longer rides...and get up at some ungodly hour to beat the heat...but on the other hand the desert is extra lovely in the summer with everything blooming and the bonus excitement that comes from riding someplace there may be rattlers...or scorpions...or any of the gazillion other spiny,nasty things that inhabit the desert...

this time of year road rides are nice since there's always a picquik with cold drinks somewhere nearby and the pecan orchards are nice and shady...

yeah,gotta wind things up a bit and start getting some miles in,i want to ride the dangerbird this year,a 300+ mile bikepacking route that circles the national monument that surrounds town...i have a devious plan to skip the camping part and stay in motels...means some big days on the bike but they are doable...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:it's summer...

almost hit 100 today,it tried,it really did...

got all my up-potting done,and clones stuck in rr's...

lights on in a bit...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it seems like the simple thing here would have been to just send a dm or pm to us since it wasn't us who wished to initiate contact...

and given that ic is probably far more secure a way to communicate than a site owned by facebook i would have just sent a pm...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stoppin in to say whats up. Super busy. Got a few loose ends to take care of this upcoming week so if yer missin me i got you.

Got to hang out and toke up with joe and darlin yesterday. Awesome folks. It was like hanging with family (the ones you like ha)
Dropped off 6 hlg sabers and some cookies. Great day man. Gonna see what these sabers do to this 5 foot wide glue bush. :)
Gotta hang out again soon!

Anyone still got that link to the cheapie ph meter that someone said works good? I cant find the post.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got the smokin hookup on the leds eh?

pH drops test kit is like 7 bucks and never needs calibration,you can get 100 pH test strips for 5 bucks on amazon...