What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can thc be absorbed through your skin?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I've made more bottles of Transdermal Test/Tren/EQ/Deca...etc

They all need to be in base form and free of any esters .. so meaning you need to basically order them in pure form from China...anyways....

What they all have in common is the DALTON size... Your skin will only absorb molecules that are under a certain Dalton # ... its in the low 300's ... So THC Dalton size?

http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.15266.html

• Tetrahydrocannabinol

• ChemSpider ID: 15266
  • Molecular Formula: C21H30O2
  • Average mass: 314.462 Da
  • Monoisotopic mass: 314.224579 Da
  • Systematic name (6aR,10aR)-6,6,9-Trimethyl-3-pentyl-6a,7,8,10a-tetrahydro-6H-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol

Why take the chance? There are too many unknowns. If testing positive is to be avoided then just keep it away from your body in all its forms until you no longer have to test.

blotter

Decarboxylation happens over time without being heated or infused in something. The buds I was trimming were a few months off the plant (I can be lazy at times), so well on their way to becoming delta 9 thc. The pessimist in me is saying that I'm screwed and probably going to show for one or two nanograms which will get me a driving while ability impaired conviction. I'll update this thread with my results for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation as there really isn't much info out there. Trimmed probably a half ~5 hours before my blood draw and probably another whole ~12 hours before the same sample. I generally don't like to be too invasive while handling buds that I'm going to be smoking, so I never had and build up on my fingers. This stuff was so dry that I was holding the stem and taking a pocket knife to the sugar leaves. We shall see, but this waiting game sucks so sorry for bumping this but a DUI or DWAI would be a major kick in the nuts and I'm obviously worried. Oh well - at least they didn't find my stash after a search -- or maybe they did and were just being nice :biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do you see all the bud trimmers wearing gloves (at least when seeing news reports of trimmers in dispensaries).....mainly because it's not absorbed into skin. And...also, oils from fingers/hands are not intermixed w/ bud for sale.

blotter

Why do you see all the bud trimmers wearing gloves (at least when seeing news reports of trimmers in dispensaries).....mainly because it's not absorbed into skin. And...also, oils from fingers/hands are not intermixed w/ bud for sale.

Thanks for the response, did you mean to type that it is absorbed into skin (and thus blood)?I'm not following how that was phrased. Either way I'm ready for to face any consequences that might be coming my way. It was all my doing and a major learning experience

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
It's absorbed far easier by eating or smoking but yes it can be absorbed slowly through skin, haven't you ever got a buzz after smearing your arms in trichomes reaching in the canopy at harvest time? I made the mistake of going in a hot shower afterwards and that really got the THC pumping through my pores! :biggrin:

O wow i would get for uncle sam or a job offer to say u failed your drug test due to working in the garden...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What happened with your blood test?
-Sams

Thanks for the response, did you mean to type that it is absorbed into skin (and thus blood)?I'm not following how that was phrased. Either way I'm ready for to face any consequences that might be coming my way. It was all my doing and a major learning experience