What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When can you first clone a plant?

StinkFart

When can you first clone a plant you planted from seed? I’m sure it’s easy to find but dont think im typing it right in search engine. My plants don’t seem to be growing up is this a problem?

Attachments

• 7A43E068-D472-44D4-8DE2-54E4C3D12A42.jpg
    7A43E068-D472-44D4-8DE2-54E4C3D12A42.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 71EE7EFF-BD23-4F48-BA61-5BEA06731886.jpg
    71EE7EFF-BD23-4F48-BA61-5BEA06731886.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 23

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the second pic looks like its already been topped
/there should be a fresh shoot growing in the center where there is that dark purple dot
as far as when to clone, i like to let a few nodes grow before taking a cut
i take about three nodes off when i make cuttings, the bottom node being the most important

XXX_710

I concur with Pop_rocks that you should at least let it get three nodes before making a cut. I cut between the second and third nodes on larger plants, but that's because they have the growth to spare. I like to leave (pun intended) her some solar panels for photosynthesis.

As far as their growth, perhaps they are too close to the light. Also, those look dry. Be sure they don't dry out completely.

What kind of light are they under? What strain is that?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Easy answer is wait till it's a ft tall how's ya roots I bet if u let it dry more it grow faster if ya got the light

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Wait for those side shoots to grow. Let them make at least 3 nodes on those 2 secondary branches then cut above the first node. This way you get 2 clones and the remaining plant will have 4 new nodes to grow from. You could leave the plant a bit further from the lights till you take the clones so the internodal lenghts are longer so you can take long enaugh clones.