What's new

Would it OK to seal up grow tent for 6 or 7 hrs

So I'm getting a free central ac installed soon and they need to do a air pressure test before install, I can't turn down a free top of the line central ac unit lol.. So was going to shut off fans and lights so was wondering if that's OK... Defiantly locking up the closet and letting know my personal stuff was in there and they can't go in. Only thing that sucks is my back door was put in my bed room closest
when house burnt down before I got the home and they seal off all doors.. But was going lie and say the door has no access due to being drywalled over witch is not uncommon here... What y'all think ???

St. Phatty

I've had to put plants in bags for about 5 hours during a real estate inspection.

They didn't like it. Didn't kill them, but not the greatest thing during mid-flowering.

I would keep a low light level to maintain photo cycles.

w3rds

Veg or flower? what point in your day cycle are you turning it off. what are your temps/rh in your area? cant just tell you "yea, they wont care" or "they will die" without decent details.

example: if the next day is your watering day and you live in an area that will hit 90 degrees most of the day, a sealed box will probably wilt your plants. if youre mid flower then you have to start thinking about calling it a "short day" and leaving them in the dark until the timers would naturally turn them on. Are you actually cutting off the lights during this time? if not, have you tested your tent to see how hot it gets when sealed?

Need way more than you provided for an actual response

Veg or flower? what point in your day cycle are you turning it off. what are your temps/rh in your area? cant just tell you "yea, they wont care" or "they will die" without decent details.

example: if the next day is your watering day and you live in an area that will hit 90 degrees most of the day, a sealed box will probably wilt your plants. if youre mid flower then you have to start thinking about calling it a "short day" and leaving them in the dark until the timers would naturally turn them on. Are you actually cutting off the lights during this time? if not, have you tested your tent to see how hot it gets when sealed?

Need way more than you provided for an actual response
defiantly won't get 90f my lights come on at 6pm in week 5 of veg.... I do have ac just its a window knocker they will be here before 6 and probably not long at all.... I'm using 2 diamond series LEDs to power tent one is a 200 other is a XML 350.... I say they won't be seals up less then a hr I do have a vent open on tent it will stay open

Gry

Veteran
I would think they could survive fine for a few hours at reasonable temps.

w3rds

defiantly won't get 90f my lights come on at 6pm in week 5 of veg.... I do have ac just its a window knocker they will be here before 6 and probably not long at all.... I'm using 2 diamond series LEDs to power tent one is a 200 other is a XML 350.... I say they won't be seals up less then a hr I do have a vent open on tent it will stay open

If I were you I would seal the tent and manually turn your timer off until they leave. Just leave the tent in a few extra hours of dark. It wont kick you into flower or anything if its just a few extra hours on one day. Definitely less than the potential heat stress.