What's new

Height management with 55 cm only.

Pooshec

Hi All,

I need some advice please on choosing strain/grow tech for small operation (90 cm x 60 cm area with 150 W HPS). The main thing is to end up with fully matured plants at max 21 inch (53 cm) height.

Other conditions are as follows :

- feminized, photoperiod strain (no autos please)
- pure indica or mostly indica
- responding well to topping of main grow tip
- cloned easily
- medicinally appropriate for chronic insomnia and stress
- yield is not of primary concern

As for strain choice I keep my eye on Black Domina and Northern Lights at the moment. As for grow tech I am not sure what will be better to effectively control the height - switch to flower early or top early (allowing one week more of veg for recovery) or both ? I see that Indicas flower stretch is roughly 50 % gain in height from the moment of induction. I guess switching to flower at say 10 inch (25 cm) shall be safe then ?

Many thanks for input.
Pooshec.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I am too new to have any advice, but it surprises me other people aren't falling over themselves to talk up their favorite strains:biggrin:

St. Phatty

Hi All,

I need some advice please on choosing strain/grow tech for small operation (90 cm x 60 cm area with 150 W HPS). The main thing is to end up with fully matured plants at max 21 inch (53 cm) height.

Other conditions are as follows :

- feminized, photoperiod strain (no autos please)
- pure indica or mostly indica
- responding well to topping of main grow tip
- cloned easily
- medicinally appropriate for chronic insomnia and stress
- yield is not of primary concern

As for strain choice I keep my eye on Black Domina and Northern Lights at the moment. As for grow tech I am not sure what will be better to effectively control the height - switch to flower early or top early (allowing one week more of veg for recovery) or both ? I see that Indicas flower stretch is roughly 50 % gain in height from the moment of induction. I guess switching to flower at say 10 inch (25 cm) shall be safe then ?

Many thanks for input.
Pooshec.

HSO Purple Trainwreck meets most of those criteria.

They are Fem seeds. They seem to often be sold in 3 packs ... I would get maybe 2 or 3 3 packs, so that you get a chance to see what variety of phenotypes are available with Purp. TW.

The medical 'fit' to your own body etc. ... TBD.

I think Romberry fits the medicinal criteria better. from Freedom of Seeds.