What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shishka's fresh start

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
tView Image

View Image

Got the temps under control by starting the ac 30 min before lights on. Max temp only hit 79 throughout the day. Rh at about 50%.

So I know this window ac isnt going to cut it in the summer and right now it freezes up and makes a clanking noise if it's been running too long.

I found an ad online for a used indoor ac for $50. When the woman responded she said that it worked fine but its just too big for her office space and she just wants to get a window unit.

I have used this site before and know that there are plenty of shady characters there. Long story short I arrange to pick it up and when I text her that im 5 min away, she texts me back

"I am so sorry but I just plugged it in and it is beeping. It has never done that before.it wasn't doing that when I tested it earlier. You are welcome to take it for free. I apologize for making you come all the way here"

Then she said
"It is outside the studio door if you would like to take it anyway"

I was like I know this lady didnt just trick me into disposing of her broken ac. When I got upstairs
and plugged it in it beeped consistently and flashed the warning light.

I decided to take it with me since I saw leds and hear the beeping. I knew it worked but was giving an error code. 20 min of research and a little elbow grease got an 8000 btu for free.

Now my temps 75 rh 60.

View Image

Took some cuts. Gonna need way less clones since In going to all 5 gals. I use my diy aerocloner for propogation.

View Image

Thats some funny shit! :laughing: I woulda been thinking the same thing. Glad it is workin for ya.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Thats some funny shit! :laughing: I woulda been thinking the same thing. Glad it is workin for ya.

Word, I was like

picture.php

I was about to just leave without even checking it out. Then I thought about it and said even if she is trying to get over on me, my best move would be to just fix it if possible.

I already have just about any components I would need and all the tools. Its funny because I knew what was wrong from the beginning. It was such an easy fault.

Heres what was wrong. You would plug it in and it would beep and flash the light that tells you the water needs to be emptied.

I looked up the manual and found how to run the startup test. All the lights flashed and the ac actually turned on for like 2 seconds then off again over and over.

At this point I was sure the ac was functional. The fans turned and everything. One thing I remember very well from my electronics training is to always check the most simple fault first. You would hate to open up a machine to find out it wasnt plugged in.

I knew the tray had no water in it but its e
reading like it does. Obviously the switch is stuck.

These acs usually use a float device kinda like in the top part of the toilet to stop the refill.

I tilted the ac back and nothing, forward and it turned right on.

Then It was more like

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So I tried to put the ac in the bedroom and duct the cool air into the tent but the thermostat on the control panel was giving the bedroom temp not the tent temp so it would auto shut off way before the tent was cool.

So I built the ac into the wall of the tent. This way the thermostat is inside but the intake and hot air exhaust are outside. With that under control I grabbed my dollar store humidifier and tossed it in.

picture.php

picture.php

and I made a window.

picture.php

picture.php

74 deg
54%rh

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Th ac is working fine, only thing is is gotta be emptied on a pretty frequent basis. I need a hose to hook up to it. Got temps, rh, and light pretty much maxed out. Now to completely focus on the nutes. After that the co2.

I now know I was overfeeding and have sinced rinsed each container until I was within tolerable of ppm levels.

Im now going to be mixing the first feeding since that flush a few days ago. I feel like I need to supplement with
magnesium, and maybe silica a little bit through foliar and the rest with the normal res nutes, reduced by the same amount.

Chem4
picture.php

Shishka diesel
picture.php

Green crack s1 mango pheno
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
:woohoo:
glad I stumbled on this thread...

"Started from the bottom now we here..." oops, wrong thread. :YaRight:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looks good man! I always love DIY rooms, with as much improvisation as possible. Re-use, recycle, save money. I'm all about that. Love the free A.C., lol. Now I'm gonna have my wife keep an eye out for something similar in our local online swap meet, lol.

Chem4 and Shiska Diesel are looking on point. So aren't those GC s1's. You still holding that OG cut?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Looks good man! I always love DIY rooms, with as much improvisation as possible. Re-use, recycle, save money. I'm all about that. Love the free A.C., lol. Now I'm gonna have my wife keep an eye out for something similar in our local online swap meet, lol.

Chem4 and Shiska Diesel are looking on point. So aren't those GC s1's. You still holding that OG cut?

Im sad to have to report the ghost was lost and the sfv never full rooted. I ll find her again. I feel like I know what to look for now. I may just follow your lead and s1 the chem 4 to see if anything looks familiar.

I swear chem 4 tastes like og.

Robney

Hell yeah Shishka good luck on the co2! Hyped to see your diesel explode in size in the new set up!

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
You guys gonna make me cry.

I tried out my first epsom/silica foliar today up until now it was just straight water to flush out the buildup. I completely forgot I had this bottle of flush solution in the closet.

picture.php

Might as well get a shot of everthing Im using bottlewise.

Nighttime temp/rh.

picture.php

J

JE HOVA

You guys gonna make me cry.

I tried out my first epsom/silica foliar today up until now it was just straight water to flush out the buildup. I completely forgot I had this bottle of flush solution in the closet.

View Image

Might as well get a shot of everthing Im using bottlewise.

Nighttime temp/rh.

View Image

Your stocked up and ready for war lol
I need to build up a stash like that

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Chopped the gc s1 #3 and took the rootball out so I can reuse the coco.

I set up the 3 5gals with coco and started the flushing process so it can be back to normal by next weeks perpetual cycle day.

Gc s1 #3
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I really like the look of that Shishka Diesel. Tents looking great.
Shes a gem bro. Number 2 to gg4 but I don't crave the glue like this one. Always gone first.

Love those frosted leaves on the Chem4
She is looking a lot better this run and I know theres plenty room for improvement

Hell yeah Shishka good luck on the co2! Hyped to see your diesel explode in size in the new set up!
Thanks, I'm gonna wait a little on the co2 for now. Even when I'm ready I wonder if I should get an RO water filter or the co2 generator. I see guys that use ro filter have to add cal mag back in. If I'm at 360 ppm from the tap, whats the benefit in having to use more bottles? At least I know for a fact the co2 will help.

Looking good shiksa - liking the new set up.
Subbed -
I have been reading about growing big plants in coco in a sealed room in the coco trees thread and felt like I could pull it off. It kinda was all there just had to reconfigure some stuffs.

Your stocked up and ready for war lol
I need to build up a stash like that

Trained to go!!!
Hopefully this can last me a while.

Looks great.

:tiphat:

Welcome, thanks for checking my stuffs out.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks, I'm gonna wait a little on the co2 for now. Even when I'm ready I wonder if I should get an RO water filter or the co2 generator. I see guys that use ro filter have to add cal mag back in. If I'm at 360 ppm from the tap, whats the benefit in having to use more bottles? At least I know for a fact the co2 will help.

I struggled with this concept too. I came to the conclusion that the CalMag add back is more in balance. Its also lower in PPM than my tap water. The RO gets rid of almost everything, then it is added back at the proportion needed for the plants. Plus it gets rid of chlorine, sulfur, and other nasty crap in the water.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Shes a gem bro. Number 2 to gg4 but I don't crave the glue like this one. Always gone first.

She is looking a lot better this run and I know theres plenty room for improvement

I have been reading about growing big plants in coco in a sealed room in the coco trees thread and felt like I could pull it off. It kinda was all there just had to reconfigure some stuffs.

Trained to go!!!
Hopefully this can last me a while.

:tiphat:

Welcome, thanks for checking my stuffs out.

I would go with the Co2 genny myself. Do you know roughly what your water pressure is? Cause if you don't have enough pressure, your gonna have to get a booster pump(for a RO system) . Being in a city, I think you'll have enough pressure, but it never hurts to know ahead of time before buying something.

Your water is plenty workable at 360 ppm's. Remember that 5k grow, I always talk about, that I used to run. The water coming out of the tap there was between 550-650 ppm depending on the time of year. I made it work, even running ebb and flow hydro tables, lol. Although the dirt section there always did better.