What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20,000 Clone

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Dropping grips of cash for a cut is bout havin sumthin everyone wants knows about already and cant have.... yes finding ur own plants in seed is better but then u gotta get that shit out there marketing etc etc,... when u buy a hyped ass clone... it sells itself... thats the value end of it... found cut may damn well be better but will it have pot fiends lined up outside trying to buy it... with the hyped cut 99% is done for ya ... u just gotta grow as much of it before others can n charge out the ass... just the way it is.... ppl want names... not to many care or know if sumthin is better... they want whats in the rap song they listen to... covered in pesticides pm taken at 7wks,.. they dont care.... its sad but true...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
20k??? Thats a small house in the country for me and my kids. Damn.
Whole life would change lol...

I guess I am very grateful for my friends. Im not sure a cut could be that much better than what I have to be worth 20k.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
20k??? Thats a small house in the country for me and my kids. Damn.
Whole life would change lol...

I guess I am very grateful for my friends. Im not sure a cut could be that much better than what I have to be worth 20k.

Ain't THAT the truth !!!!

X

Xray Kimono

your right man...market is fucked.

My goal is to create the hype people want or die trying...

I'd feel like I'm cheating even if I paid top $ for a good cut...

I have noticed that the SMELL sell's itself...once a grower gets the looks & smell down...its a very easy sale after that...not much hype needed..

Right... Especially in the south... You pop that jar and the whole place gets loud, they dont care if it is called "testicle squeezins". They want it and willl pay more for it. If it is muted or hayish smelling because some dumbass dried it too fast/harveyd early/ or selaed it wet, then no names mean anything. It is now just "dro".

Xray

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I was offered 10K for a cut of the old Chem 91 orig, but most people are yanking your chain and aren't serious. I was so ethical back then I refused, due to a promise I made. As the only one in the area (as far as anyone knew) with the cut, the drama was sometimes silly. It was a shitty yielder no matter who you slept with. But at 52 a p + it was worth it.

X

Xray Kimono

That's what I saying..screw the name. Its about that stank!! I remember before medical hit the mitten, you could find A1 stink 80% of the time...after 2008 the real deal strains that were cured and dried right slowly became harder to find.

Walk into any dispensary with the right smell and nug, call it shiskabibble, they don't give a fuck, they will buy it, and rename it Superman OG and charge 20/g.

Lol.. right. I had a cut of Wifi that dried too fast one batch and was MUTED. Smoked strong on the buzz though. I also had some weak lemon diesel at the same time that had nute issues and wasnt dense or nearly as sparkly or potent as the Wifi... EVERYBODY chosw the diesel first just because of the nose on her. She didnt even make the cut in the garden and got culled, but the Wifi was in the stable for 4 years.... And actually smelled nice when slow dried.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I wouldn't pay more than 1 k,,as I have bought seed orders that big and found nuthin worth keepin and wasted time and money...my limit is 1k....20k or insane $$$ is someones greed and to them I say ..stick it.......yeehaw...THERES ALOT OF HYPE out there and then theres non hype on some awesome strains...do your homework save around 19,900$$

Gone Camping

I've read the reviews and they are pretty positive. I want that real deal though. That no stretch perfumey, fuely, piney beauty.

Sounds like the Sensi Star I was gifted as a new grower in 2013. Story was my bud was gifted it a few years prior, 3 of us grew it for two years before we acquired other strains to try.

Guy who kicked it to us lost it and we returned the favor. I still get requests for it.. might have to aquire it again.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
which breeders did you choose in those big seed orders? Just so I know who to stay away from lol....but I hear ya, If your all ready to go, and need very good genes, the $ might be worth it for the right cut...
ditch passion wasted a lot of my money..other than that I aint going there,,sorry....yeehaw

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
ditch passion wasted a lot of my money..other than that I aint going there,,sorry....yeehaw

Ha... what yr...u not the only one they fuct me up to... maybe my worst seed run ever... i ran like 30bb 30orangebud 30passion all trash did find 1 decent plant in the mazar but it was just the best in a trash pile far from a keeper.... went on to greenhouse, serious, dj, sag, brosG,.... . now look how times changed. .. i dont touch any of there recent work... i do love to pop the originals...

X

Xray Kimono

now that I think about it...I have a bunch of seeds in 1gl that I'm writing notes on/pheno hunting...I will now be observing which of the bunch dries the quickest and smells the best in a given amount of time to see which will be better for larger production...not necessarily for my own smoke...dispensaries don't have time for the slow dry, but I do :)

this helped me realize something very important, thanks Xray..

Word... I found through the years that you can mask a lot of growing errors by making sure to dry by cutting the whole plant, and drying it SSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW with cold temps and darkness.

Ushade

Ok guys... I'm a serious grower for CO. and I can say that if any of you pay over $50 for a clone, I'm kickin' you in the nuts!

But seriously, you will never know the true genetics of a cut without the true source. You're taking someones word for it, and paying crazy doe for it. Just trade... or don't.

Tom Hill

Veteran
co dont grow any decent grass these days your opinion is therefore stricken from the record :p

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its be a sad day if everyone had access to everything. ... what would be left thats special??????

I like how Syndrome (from the Incredibles) puts it...
"when everyone is super, no one will be".

I don't mind paying for cuts - its a business expense.
or a personal indulgence.
Whatever. Both. HA!
As long as I am happy, I am happy. I could care less otherwise.

Its not what its worth.... its what you negotiate.

Aloha

co dont grow any decent grass these days your opinion is therefore stricken from the record :p

ooooooooooo shots fired hahaha

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

CO can't grow grass... Its just a few imaginary lines that some dudes traced over a land mass.

The people of CO, however, have some ability... You've not visited the right ones apparently... or The ones that cater to your specific tastes, More than likely.
That or you need outdoor, Sun grown pure sativas & that ain't happening in CO.

Your opinion only counts for you!
We're all individuals w individual tastes...
Therefore... Your opinion doesn't count either. ;-)

Big-Narstie

Denver relief seems tobe very well versed in the indoor grow scene by the pics vids I've watched, have never smoked anything from CO tho so my opinion is not valid.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd pay a few hundred bucks for a clone I let go a few months back. Wifi I grew from seed, too short I said so I tossed her…. I won't be making that mistake again.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Good weed is everywhere. Good genetics are not as widespread as good weed though. I live near denver....so much access to quality genetics if you get involved in the grow scene here. You pay $15 for a clone you're either an idiot or you don't k.ow the right people. Most growers out here will either give you a cut for free or tell you to Fuck off.

Having said all that...I'd pay a years wages for the real skunk.