What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I no longer believe Broad Mites cause DUDDING

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
im doing bulk orders from china. you need chitosan o.l..
it comes out a bit cheaper lately than last time i did it for delivery.
before about 1000 bucks delivered you can get a 10 kilo drum. a killo will make any from 10,000-40,000 gallons, maybe even several times more of treated feed water depending on your thoughts on dosage. people locally grabbed kilos for 100 bucks from me. i just charged what i bought for and got it cheaper than i wouldve with the smaller delivery.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can buy it on ebay.

I looked on ebay a few months back never found the stuff ST8 posted. Many things have Chitin in it. I use Insect frass and Crab shell both have Chitin in it. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] From what I have read there is no chemical, biological, or cultural controls known to control nematodes. The only thing that is ever discussed is chitin. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chitin is a protein found in the walls of nematodes. Many fungi that attack nematodes do so by breaking down the chitin, exposing the nematode to infection or desiccation. Adding extra chitin to the soil stimulates the fungi population and seems to speed their action against the nematodes. There are products available with chitin in them.[/FONT]

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
chitosan is the only thing ive heard of really helping. draw back is it makes your weed way more dense with trichomes, resistant to pm, bud rot, root rot, plus other fungal infections and bug infestations. lol. seems like a good go to. this stuff is the sauce yall. for real. i dont have duds in any of my spaces but i have seen them and i occasionally see them at friends grows. i dont let anything in my grow til it grows in quarantine. chitosan is a regular part of my feed routine 1-2 a week ill hit em with a 0.5 gram per gallon dose just to keep roots healthy and plant protected from damage and pathogen stress. have never used on a dud to see if it would turn it around. id be curious. folks ive talked to say nothing helps once it duds in flower theres no saving it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO 5 GRAMS..

If you want to buy this stuff. This one is a better deal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHITOSAN-Ol...-food-grade-/291546346329?hash=item43e1843359

Chitin and Chitosan are basically the same...

Chitin is a natural material that is found in several different species of animals and insects. Primarily used as a structural material by the animals, chitin is also a raw material for a product called chitosan, which is useful for human industrial purposes. After a factory extracts chitin from sources like shrimp shells, it is treated to form the similar molecule chitosan, which has applications in such diverse fields as the cosmetics industry and water processing plants.

As chitin is commonly found in a variety of animals, the extraction of chitin and chitosan form an industry that is renewable. Byproducts of fishing, that would otherwise go to landfill, may be suitable for chitin and chitosan processing. Typically, shells of shrimp, crabs and lobster yield chitin for this process.

In a living organism, chitin acts as structural material, to help keep the body of the organism safe and allow the various parts of the body move around independently. Chemically, the molecule is a polysaccharide, which is a long chain of sugars, one after the other. Chitin and chitosan share much of the same molecular formula, with a few differences.

Chitosan is basically chitin with a few segments of atom groups removed. These groups are called acetyl groups, and are individually made up of two parts. One carbon atom attached to three hydrogen atoms makes up one portion, and the other bit of the acetyl group contains another carbon and an oxygen atom. Altogether, then, the acetyl group is represented by the chemical formula Ch3CO-.

Losing the acetyl groups is the only chemical difference between chitin and chitosan, but it also affects the characteristics of the substance. Chitosan is more easily dissolvable in weak acid solutions, which can be helpful in solutions such as cosmetics. In cosmetics, the main application of chitosan is that it helps to keep water in the product, and helps to form a film over skin that keeps water and other essential molecules at the desired point of action. Shampoos, facial creams and nail polishes can all contain chitosan.

Filtering debris and microbial contamination out of water is another application of chitosan, and products that contain it may also have insect repellent qualities. Chitin and chitosan may also have applications in medical fields, as the molecules tend to be accepted by the human immune system more easily than some other molecules. Dressings on wounds, contact lenses and dissolvable sutures are some examples of the applications of these substances.

iTarzan

Hammerhead you can buy more than 5 grams. You can buy a kilo.

I will be LOL while you wait to get it from China. You said you couldn't find it on eBay and now you are an ebay expert.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
People had duds after using eagle 20? The people that treat right when they flip?

well, to be clear, I have seen plants that were already showing signs of dudding that got sprayed with eagle remain dudds once flipped. I don't think the eagle is what's causing them if that's how you understood me?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The eagle twenty does not cause the dudding. I have had duds and good plants both sprayed at the same time with the same mix right at flip.

S

StudenTeacher

A kilo will get you by if you only have a couple of lights. I got one for 135 and it was at my door in two days. DhL overnight shipping is included in price. 2 kilos was $217 delivered. Cop 1 is product number. I've only ordered twice.

S

StudenTeacher

I've seen duds sprayed with eagle 20, pylon, avid, forbid, pyrethroids, kontos (drench), spinosad, and a mix of all of them. Once it's set in there's no cure. Having used fungicides and pesticides I can attest to one of them working, because about 2-4 weeks after spray, the problems show up if I don't continue. When I was having duds, people I knew were not, but they continued to use poison beyond the recommended harvest window. I figured my options were poisonous aaa meds, or mid grade hash, and I always opted for the hash, which is why I've been broke as a joke for a couple years. Hard to get by when you have to hash a 50% crop yield of mid grade with no smell. Those days will be over soon.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammerhead you can buy more than 5 grams. You can buy a kilo.

I will be LOL while you wait to get it from China. You said you couldn't find it on eBay and now you are an ebay expert.
It was the price for 5 grams smart ass. I don't need to buy that stuff especially at that price. The link I provided was a much better deal. It's coming from San Diego no clue where china came from.. Chitin is in Crab shell. No need to buy anything from china.. Yes I am an eBay expert LMAO.. Where do you think Chitosan comes from.. Its a sugar that is obtained from the hard outer skeleton of shellfish, including crab, lobster, and shrimp.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Everything comes from China... only really old people and those with zero experience ordering from there would make such a stupid statement ... China will get chitosan to your door faster than the states and PF you couldn't be more wrong about thinking all Chitosan is the same

N

noyd666

is this chitosan the same as =diatomaceous earth as i'm looking at , reads the same as in shellfish. 200g oz is 20 dollars.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MSDS says Chitosan is all made from Shellfish. Chitosan comes from Chitin(pronounced KY-TIN). . Unless the vendor lists what they put in extra I can only go on what is listed. If you can provide me with something to read that states Chitosan is not the same food grade is food grade, lab grade is lab grade yada yada. It's all made from shellfish. what I have read Chitin or Chitosan will do the same at controlling Nematodes. I do not use Chitosan I use chitin. Here are a few papers on the use of Chitin for the use of controlling Nematodes.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r280200111.html

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/crab-shell-control-nematodes-80417.html

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02378855#page-1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2629878/

Storm Shadow

Veteran
your Wrong ... its not all the same

chitosan oligosaccharide lactate is the correct answer

BTW... I was curing my problem with the stuff last year... did you forget who even discovered the problem...let alone the solution :)

My thoughts exactly ...

Latest posts

Latest posts