What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Halloween Contest

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well since I have not herd anything I guess this year there wont be a Halloween contest... I wish DG would return to us she is deeply missed... If a Mod would ask if there is going to be one this year let us know please :)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i already took a few shots hoping there would be a contest again this yr...hopefully they come up w somethin,its fun to look at everyones pics.
peace-T-

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
ok I'll sort something out as its a bit of an IC tradition
as DG is not around at the moment I'll authorise a Halloween comp
so I need some kind of idea's for the format, so give me some suggestions, best lantern / costume or other variation
let me know

OP

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is haw DG set it up last year OP :yes:

:pumpkin: :witch2: BOO! Trick or Treat!! :witch2: :pumpkin:

Halloween always reminds me of happy times when I was a child and getting all geared up to go out and collect as many treats as my bag would hold...that also generally meant a trip to the local 5 n dime to pick out a costume.
jump.gif

Then there came the time when going trick or treating was not to be anymore. Boo hoo!
biglaugh.gif

In it's place came more mature Halloween antics. Yes we must grow up. lol This usually involved me and other classmates all piling into my dad's car (that I was lucky enough to get the keys for), and hitting the back roads...dressed in amusing outfits and toking on some local home grown or if we were lucky we'd have some imported mexi brick weed that gave us the giggles for hours on end, especially when trying to air out the car at the end of the evening.
biglaugh.gif
When younger, I suppose many of us thought we were really pulling the wool over our parents eyes...wonder if my dad ever smelled anything, and just didn't say it. He was really cool like that.

So, in recollecting these most happy times thought it would be interesting to see how all of you get involved with Halloween these days.

I'm going to run this photo contest....and with minimal rules. (see below)

Rules:

1. Photo must be yours and not a photo found floating about on the net.

2. Photo can have a secondary theme (cannabis), but is not required in order to be considered.

3. Photo shall NOT include facial recognition that could compromise anyone's personal security.
Many members are parents, but would kindly ask that no one enter photos of children.
Let's keep this strictly for adults.
wink.gif

4. All members of ICM, regardless of post count, are eligible.

5. Pets are also permitted in the photo.

6. LAST DATE for entering is Nov 1st to give those who take photos on Oct 31st the opportunity to enter.

Winners:
Winners will be selected on Nov 2nd by me and will receive my choice of seeds from
Dutchgrown Seeds. I'll provide each winner with a code for collecting their prize directly
from Seed Boutique.

That's it.....hope to see you all entering lots of photos here!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats good news I hope a lot of our members see this and partisipate..... I will try and do something with dozer again this year :) thanks OP.....

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Well I reckon I might try and get a picture of the ghost haunting the back corner of my flower room.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
This year I'm carving my football team and the best stoner car ever..... The vw bus - which was also my first and favorite ride. I'll post them up if there's a contest

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya not sure whats going on... It's almost to late to get anything going thats good.. So im out on this one... I will wait for DG or Grat3fulh3ad to come back and do it right... Good luck to those that through up something ..

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I could not agree more Tropical Rain. Sucks they wont even tell us why DG and Rez are gone. Now no holiday contests? Where has the passion gone?

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
so whats the problem ??
I said the comp would go ahead, the guidelines were posted

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
don't take it personal OP....the place just don't have the feminine touch Ala' DG..... and most of the dyehardz miss that old barking Dog....Rez

I can share the feelings for the lack of "passion"... and things have been rather touch and go..... and not much activity from 2 off the top contenders has left a gaping whole in the
heads of quite a few......

again OP..... thanks for the go-ahead w/ the contest.....it'z just not the same without our fearless .... Queen and Dogs of War.........