What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains ace with little smell

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
hello to all of you, someone can tell me some strains ace with little smell? Green / purple haze x thai have very little, you could be less than a meter from them and do not hear anything, other strain?
Thanks

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
My Golden Tigers are all still young, in vegetative stage, and they stink up the entire grow room when I open the tent. Not sure if that's normal or not, but I'm not imagining it. Came home from work the other day with my wife and the first thing she says upon opening the door is "It smells like pot in here." And I had just come home an hour before hand to open the tent and check pH and stuff.

So now I'm only opening the tent at night time so that my house won't potentially stink during hours when we might receive visitors. I'm going to have to seal the grow room now that I know that the grow room in the basement is exchanging air with the rest of the house. I knew I would have to do it sooner or later.

At least that means I'll be able to use a Co2 generator. That's pretty cool.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi willydread,

Usually sativa strains with strong landrace genetic background have very little smell during growth and flowering, at least compared with most modern commercial strains with skunk or kush indica genetics.

I would recommend you the following ones: Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, pure Ethiopian, Golden Tiger, Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids like Purple Haze Malawi or Panama Haze (Haze x Kali China has stronger odor from Kali China), pure Honduras, pure Lebanese, Orient Express regular or Zamaldelica regular.

Hope it helps! ;)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thanks to all! I know for sure that ot1haze, othaze x thai and zamaldelica do not make much smell, I have regular ethiopian, golden Tiger and Panama haze...i will try with some of these...
I was looking for something to support a possible future grow of oldtimer haze,
(my afghan x skunk, less than a meter high, tens of meters away I can smell),