What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwd's Summer/fall indoor/outdoor grow/show

Buddler

Veteran
:thinking: Only time we get humidity that low is dead of winter during a cold snap. Temperate rain forest ya know grows mushrooms good and all kinds of mould.. ya low humidity can be a pain too though for indoor growing its hard too raise .. babbling again. Is your scrog plant in pure coco?i just smoked some mal bub its a nice upbeat sat kinda buzz . Cheers Mang:tiphat::smoker:

deepwaterdude

9 weeks down - Abbott and Costello A5 x MK

9 weeks down - Abbott and Costello A5 x MK

Thanks Azeotrope;)

Abbott's looking pretty sickly after her time at super low pH. I flushed until the runoff was good, and now the res is at 0.7 EC and ph around 6.6, huge swing, but her stink is back and I can feel better energy from her. She's got a short time left, although I know malawi likes a good flush to reflower, so we'll see;)

Costello's the picture of health and doing her little thing out on the edge. Could take center stage in less than two weeks if the buds close out.

ZAm's a beaut and stinky, lovely etc. And hungry. Needs another hit.

Attachments

• Whole Shabang 9 weeks down.jpg
    Whole Shabang 9 weeks down.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Right side in purple.jpg
    Right side in purple.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Abbott n Costello under the white lights.jpg
    Abbott n Costello under the white lights.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Back left.jpg
    Back left.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Closeup of her grisleyness.jpg
    Closeup of her grisleyness.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 22
  • Her many topped head.jpg
    Her many topped head.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 24
  • Costello lookin' mighty fine.jpg
    Costello lookin' mighty fine.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Looking good on the edge of the footprint.jpg
    Looking good on the edge of the footprint.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Budlet.jpg
    Budlet.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Way low pH, but some nice buds.jpg
    Way low pH, but some nice buds.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 26
G

Awwh,looks just like the one I wanted :biggrin: Amazing my friend! I wish you the brutal effect dubi reported.With my A5xKM,I will be happy with half the awesomeness ,1/10th yield and 1,3x pH :biggrin:Do I sound spoiled when I say I 'm not glad with mine being a malawi leaner?
Even more than your babes,I really envy ... your rh levels!I-n-s-a-n-e!I'm gonna be battling some fungii soon I'm sure.
Any news from lady Orient?
Cheers!:wave:

YukonKronic

Low humidity is kinda nice. I'm not so dry as DWD I don't think but it's sub arctic semi arid here. I can sometimes get humidity up to 40% INSIDE if I spray multiple times a day but only in summer. Winter is crazy dry... maybe it IS as dry as DWD come to think of it... at least during winter. At least my skin don't peel off in it! Lol yukoners bellies look like fish bellies they're so white! Except the REAL Yukoners. Indigenous people are lucky not to sunburn as easily... lol one Native guy I worked with told me his dirty secret was "white legs" cause he never wore shorts. Hilarious guy.

Just started reading thread I'll have to catch up. I love Zam and enjoyed learning about GT from your past grows and comments.:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Awwh,looks just like the one I wanted :biggrin: Amazing my friend! I wish you the brutal effect dubi reported.With my A5xKM,I will be happy with half the awesomeness ,1/10th yield and 1,3x pH ;0) Do I sound spoiled when I say I 'm not glad with mine being a malawi leaner?
Even more than your babes,I really envy ... your rh levels! I-n-s-a-n-e! I'm gonna be battling some fungii soon I'm sure.
Any news from lady Orient?
Cheers!

Whassup, Sir Syd! you gots some killer things going in your GH atm:tiphat: Your dutch haze crosses look very good, as does your ridiculous malpan (is it?).
My rH spiked at 46% the other day during the rain. I was amazed! And that beautiful lady Orient "had to go", if you know what I mean;o) It was too beautiful a plant to not finish well, so I gave my whole OD attention to my stocky, fast Zam, a much better bet.

Low humidity is kinda nice. I'm not so dry as DWD I don't think but it's sub arctic semi arid here. I can sometimes get humidity up to 40% INSIDE if I spray multiple times a day but only in summer. Winter is crazy dry... maybe it IS as dry as DWD come to think of it... at least during winter. At least my skin don't peel off in it! Lol yukoners bellies look like fish bellies they're so white! Except the REAL Yukoners. Indigenous people are lucky not to sunburn as easily... lol one Native guy I worked with told me his dirty secret was "white legs" cause he never wore shorts. Hilarious guy.

Just started reading thread I'll have to catch up. I love Zam and enjoyed learning about GT from your past grows and comments.:tiphat:

Hey, YukonKronic, I've been enjoying your contributions and pics;o)

Here's some Zam for your viewing pleasure. She's fattening up, just starting. I think there's some sub freezing nights coming in a coupla weeks, but she should be able to survive October.

As for Abbott, it doesn't look like I'll be able to correct much before chop, so I suppose I'll just start da flush. She's closing out and chunking up, looking like a cross between Miss Perfect and Lady S zam x kcs.
Here's my Zam. Lovely smell.

Attachments

• Just a wee girl to be facing these cold nights already.jpg
    Just a wee girl to be facing these cold nights already.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Starting her swell under rare, rainy skies.jpg
    Starting her swell under rare, rainy skies.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Found one branch flopped over this AM.jpg
    Found one branch flopped over this AM.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Still getting major food, but cold nights will lock her out soon.jpg
    Still getting major food, but cold nights will lock her out soon.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Zamaldelica Oct 3.jpg
    Zamaldelica Oct 3.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 19

YukonKronic

Whassup, Sir Syd! you gots some killer things going in your GH atm:tiphat: Your dutch haze crosses look very good, as does your ridiculous malpan (is it?).
My rH spiked at 46% the other day during the rain. I was amazed! And that beautiful lady Orient "had to go", if you know what I mean;o) It was too beautiful a plant to not finish well, so I gave my whole OD attention to my stocky, fast Zam, a much better bet.

Hey, YukonKronic, I've been enjoying your contributions and pics;o)

Here's some Zam for your viewing pleasure. She's fattening up, just starting. I think there's some sub freezing nights coming in a coupla weeks, but she should be able to survive October.

As for Abbott, it doesn't look like I'll be able to correct much before chop, so I suppose I'll just start da flush. She's closing out and chunking up, looking like a cross between Miss Perfect and Lady S zam x kcs.
Here's my Zam. Lovely smell.

Oooo Dee Dub yer making me jelly!! That's a big ol pile of fruit loops to the moon your building :biggrin:
I'm already looking forward to next run of Zam, I just built a gigantic screw in LED fixture to convert a freezer into a bud factory. I also just checked and my 6 clones of Zam are rooted. Im thinking to take 6 of my other pheno that I've been calling Zam/Thai dominant but Dubi seemed to figure its taste and high were definitely Zamaldelica elite pheno. I'll also throw down 6 of my ZamxGuatemala F3 and see if I can't make em all sparkle like motherf**kers under about 500watts of LED.

YukonKronic

Home made UFO signal.

Considering I can see the treetops I think penetration of the canopy will be adequate.:cool: To be honest I left some bulbs out in case I rather ironically fry the things I intended to fry me.

YukonKronic

YouTube search "Roman Candle minigun" and imagine building an AA emplacement with a couple of em. I figure the light to signal UFOs and draw them in and then we let em have Arty full force.. Bwaaahahahaaa!!

Lol if it wouldn't get me arrested I might actually try it! Be a hell of a New Years display.

deepwaterdude

YouTube search "Roman Candle minigun" and imagine building an AA emplacement with a couple of em. I figure the light to signal UFOs and draw them in and then we let em have Arty full force.. Bwaaahahahaaa!!

Lol if it wouldn't get me arrested I might actually try it! Be a hell of a New Years display.

Well, if you ever get tired of the Yukon, you'd fit right in in New Mexico;) Most certainly wouldn't get arrested unless it was dry out. I spend more time looking at the ground and in the rivers, but there are plenty here with their eyes glued to the sky;)

A few of us have built DIY screw-in LED spyders after seeing just ridiculous low wattage harvests. Mine have seven sockets each and max of 175w. I ran 7 x 15w or 105w per spyder x six in a 5x5 before I got the bigger manufactured LEDs. I'm using three spyders as supplemental white light to my big blurple babe. The screw ins are found in chapter 3 of my new book, working title, Gotta Light? One Dude's Struggle with Cannabis Lighting Addiction

And Lo, the Panama Haze takes hold and edges me on. Feel like I could write an almighty album, but I'll just set with a beer and watch the teevee;o)

YukonKronic

Ya I saw the spiders and totally dig em I just had some extra fixtures around and they gave me a crazy idea and the man who ignores his crazy ideas misses half his Genius so I committed to taking it just a little too far. I'm not actually into UFO's (thank god! My puns would cause them to punish me!) persay im just feeling self congratulatory about finally finishing all the wiring.

I always thought New Mexico would be pretty interesting to visit... I would love to check out quite a bit of the states actually. First I need to travel my own country more! I've never even been East of Ontario and skipped over Saskatchewan and Manitoba (Lol who doesn't?) on the way.... some kind of large expedition will be in the offing in a few years I think.

deepwaterdude

Abbott at 10 weeks flo - end stages

Abbott at 10 weeks flo - end stages

Hey, bros, thanks for the visit;)

Abbott's at 10 weeks today and besides looking like hell just shot a decent round of nanners; maybe 5 or 6 that I can see, prolly many more I can't. Means her time is coming quicker than expected. Few days if she shoots more, I'll try a week or more if she doesn't. Gave her molasses only in today's water. Nanners could be sterile as just coming in ones instead of banana bunches.

Besides the Malawi PCK that has some seeded buds, I got the absolute perfect amount of seeds from last Haze x KC , Panama Haze, Zam and OE grow. The first donors I'm pretty sure were OE and ZAm and I got quite a lot of Accidental Haze x seeds I've only just started keeping. Very happy to have anything related to Panama Haze.

Yesterday's pics: Tried some at lights off and with flash to see bud mass/mess.

Attachments

• Lights out.jpg
    Lights out.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 23
  • Back left and middle.jpg
    Back left and middle.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Heavy piles of swelling calyxes.jpg
    Heavy piles of swelling calyxes.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Costello.jpg
    Costello.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 20
  • From bottom left.jpg
    From bottom left.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Abbott and Costello Mit flash.jpg
    Abbott and Costello Mit flash.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 25
  • A fiery mess good for one more week.jpg
    A fiery mess good for one more week.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Poor Abbott-was doing so well.jpg
    Poor Abbott-was doing so well.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Leaves are painful but buds are something to behold.jpg
    Leaves are painful but buds are something to behold.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 24

deepwaterdude

Well, fellas, here's my thinking today.

I'm looking outside and seeing freezing rain and dark, grey skies. Abbott has declared he's pretty much done with these new nanners in my beauteous buds.

If I chop Abbott, I can, in theory, put both the ZAm and Costello in the tent, although wrestling ZAm into the house and tent from her outside ties will prove "interesting".

SO dat's da news. Abbott chop imminent.

G

Good thinking Dubya!Abbot is definitely done,those budz speak for themselves... What else is gonna keep 'em company? ;)

deepwaterdude

Lighting up the ceremonial scissor hash-Que Viva Abbott! Que ya esta muerto! (mostly)

Lighting up the ceremonial scissor hash-Que Viva Abbott! Que ya esta muerto! (mostly)

Good thinking Dubya!Abbot is definitely done,those budz speak for themselves... What else is gonna keep 'em company? ;0)
That, my friend, I don't yet know. Whatever they be, they'll be 12/12 from seed;0) And probably quickish. Damn your little greenhouse is impressive, must have a way with the ladies.
Well, I just lit the major plug of scissor hash I got off of abbott's first 1/4 to celebrate his life. The motto of this small harvest is - He who hesitates is lost, or just really has to hurry his trimming before lights out. After finally deciding to chop I think I went five hours with a short lunch/sanity break and a massive chocolate chip cookie upon scissors-down.
SO after tergiversing around on whether or not to harvest I chopped 20 bits and went to work, then five more, then started documenting as it seemed I wasn't getting anywhere. Weight wise, things are lookin pretty good for one lil plant.
At the end I cut everything "good" for trimming over the next days and it still looks like there's a couple small plants worth of Abbott left to be worked out of the scrog.
Reset my camera, think photos are actually small this time. Lessee. Still gonna be a couple of days before Zam is in her place.

Attachments

• 5-beer joins party.jpg
    5-beer joins party.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 4-no dent, so chop chop.jpg
    4-no dent, so chop chop.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 3-first tops done.jpg
    3-first tops done.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2 And away we go.jpg
    2 And away we go.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1-72 days flower comin down.jpg
    1-72 days flower comin down.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 10-A nice A5 x Malawi cluster.jpg
    10-A nice A5 x Malawi cluster.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 9-I gave up counting and started piling-i mean crying.jpg
    9-I gave up counting and started piling-i mean crying.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 8 -How I left her after  5 hours-reminds me of a story about a bogota whorehouse.jpg
    8 -How I left her after 5 hours-reminds me of a story about a bogota whorehouse.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 7-snip snip-egads.jpg
    7-snip snip-egads.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 6-Choppity chop-back right massacred.jpg
    6-Choppity chop-back right massacred.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 27

orfeas

Veteran
Well, after my stomata have been somewhat brutally abused and since I am not entitled to a denture, being chopped has come as a great relief from deus ex machina and now on to my next objective, incineration and filling lungs that is... so spake Abbot in cofrontation with trimming scissors...

Very well done fishing deer with a rod mate!

:tiphat:orf

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi DWD,

Congrats on your first A5 Haze x Malawi harvest! :dance013:
My Goddess, what a nice SCROG, one of the best we have seen lately in this room.
Really outstanding results for just a single plant in a small indoor tent. A pitty the low ph disfigured a bit the beaty of your plant, just hope it didn't affect the quality of the buds you surely deserve, friend.

The outdoor Zamaldelica looks like managed to flower quite well even with the cold night temps :yes:

Those Panama x Zamaldelica towers bring great memories :D
We have just harvested Zamaldelica x Panama Goddess feminized seeds in case you want to explore the feminized version of this hybrid, just hope it keeps the quality and desirable traits we are looking for when matching these 2 great sativas, and hopefully without the hermie traits you experienced with the regular version.

Huggsss! :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Hi DWD,

Congrats on your first A5 Haze x Malawi harvest!
My Goddess, what a nice SCROG, one of the best we have seen lately in this room.
Really outstanding results for just a single plant in a small indoor tent. A pitty the low ph disfigured a bit the beaty of your plant, just hope it didn't affect the quality of the buds you surely deserve, friend.

The outdoor Zamaldelica looks like managed to flower quite well even with the cold night temps

Those Panama x Zamaldelica towers bring great memories :eek:D
We have just harvested Zamaldelica x Panama Goddess feminized seeds in case you want to explore the feminized version of this hybrid, just hope it keeps the quality and desirable traits we are looking for when matching these 2 great sativas, and hopefully without the hermie traits you experienced with the regular version.

Huggsss!

Saludos Dubi;o) I'm feeling quite happy with A5 x Malawi Abbott's output, seems like the Scrog did its job making a ton (prolly just a pound;0)) of nicely swollen, medium/small sized colitas. I finished trimming yesterday's pile, tomorrow I'll take down and trim the rest of Abbott, install the other two plants in her place and clean up the trimming mess. Labors of love:thank you:

As to the second question, would I like to "explore" the new Zamaldelica x Panama Goddess fems? I'll answer with one :woohoo: and a couple:dance013::biggrin: and perhaps a last a sus ordenes, su merced! lo que usted diga, in case I wasn't clear;) This answers Syd's "What next" question, too.
Good day all, scissor hash calls and who am I to resist?

deepwaterdude

What's left - Zam and Costello

What's left - Zam and Costello

Abbott has been completely taken down, supplemental lights also and Costello put squarely under the Black Dog. Nice little plant. Zam may have to come in for the cold nights ahead and maybe to finish completely. Not looking forward to the wrestling match.

I've pulled the blumats as my GH air pump bit the dust and I can't have a stagnant res. Thing is killer when working, sigh. SO hand feeding for the moment.

This is my ideal growing time, where I don't have to worry about light leaks, high temps etc, as days are shorter than 12/12. Have think fast on next beans. 12/12 from seed for sure, but that's all I really know.

I'm still going with Abbott, got one more basket of buds to trim plus a big jar of smaller buds put aside for cobbing. Since Abbott's been drying humidity has been at 40% in the room. Nice.

Hugs to all, stay safe and happy, dw

Attachments

• Zam top Oct 11.jpg
    Zam top Oct 11.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Zamaldelica Oct 11.jpg
    Zamaldelica Oct 11.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Zamaldelica.jpg
    Zamaldelica.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 19
  • A5-Malawi Killer.jpg