What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwd's Summer/fall indoor/outdoor grow/show

Buddler

Veteran
Im with Syd dude dinero and imo ya can never take enough pics! your LED is doing a fine job so much that i want one too.good to hear your OD girls are startin to turn and seamax is the bomb eh..:tiphat: bud buddington..

deepwaterdude

Top o'the marnin', fellas; it's grey as a fine summer day in Scotland. I'm sitting here slightly uncomfortable with my morning tea, which is a spliff of Malawi PCK;) I broke this out of the jars recently to ask for some smoke tests from the pals and from me goodself. At night, after work with a beer, brilliant for its high end/top of the brain stuff sith a certain relaxation and hit from some other side. This morning, I'm shaking, breathing as if I had acid coming on and gnashing my teeth. Full wild thing mode.

Sir Budsaboundabouthim, Gotta say I'm quite happy with the setup and the results; I just sit back and watch her drink a couple gallons a day, evolve and expand, enjoying the good and stable conditions. Nice way to grow. Your PanPurps and Nevs Mal are stunning. As for my outdoor, I will actually have to take OE down for safety reasons. She's a beaut, but she won't finish around here, while ZAmaldelica is in flower for a few days now and'll probably get her 10 weeks. And if you want a light for a 3x3 or 4x4, I've got that Amare 450 sitting around in its box;) COBs + spectrum nice way to go.

Syd! Good to see you my friend, your Haze x KC namesake has gotten very popular. Throw up a pic of your "greenhouse", or "ex-kitchen/living room" that the plants have taken over:biggrin:

What is that noise? That scraping in the night? Ah, it's only Orf there stealthily cementing a new row of bricks as if we won't notice:laughing:

G'day gents, deedubyoudee

G

Hola bro!Iput some pics up in bud's thread a few weeks ago ...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8337834&postcount=673
Things were going hunky dory(well...if I aimed for a jungle that control was totally lost,yep,nailed that one).When I returned from vacation ,something didn't seem right...After a day or two it hit me like a ton of bricks : Broad/cyclamin mites...I culled a few 7 footers and the rest were brutally mutilated and sprayed,some of them in first week of flower.In a few words,disaster.I'll tell you if it' s total or not in 2 months :biggrin:

deepwaterdude

Hola bro!Iput some pics up in bud's thread a few weeks ago ...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8337834&postcount=673
Things were going hunky dory(well...if I aimed for a jungle that control was totally lost,yep,nailed that one).When I returned from vacation ,something didn't seem right...After a day or two it hit me like a ton of bricks : Broad/cyclamin mites...I culled a few 7 footers and the rest were brutally mutilated and sprayed,some of them in first week of flower.In a few words,disaster.I'll tell you if it' s total or not in 2 months :biggrin:

Owch, my broo. Ach, I'm sure you'll have the eye to keep a winner or three. Sorry to hear about the pests.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude friend :)

Sorry to come back to the party so late (last weeks have been crazy, working at the farm and travelling .... ) but i'm glad to see such nice development in your indoor and outdoor projects. :D So you finally decided to flower the A5s indoors and OE and Zamaldelica outdoors :yes: Amazing how fast things develop on your side, well done, plants indeed speak by themselves, very healthy and well developed.

Glad you are still enjoying with your well cured Panama Haze and Haze x KC, i wish i could be there with you to enjoy some together and chat for hours.

Wish you are having a happy summer! ;)

deepwaterdude

Hey, there's a pot under there! (underscrog defol)

Hey, there's a pot under there! (underscrog defol)

Hi deepwaterdude friend :)

Sorry to come back to the party so late (last weeks have been crazy, working at the farm and travelling .... ) but i'm glad to see such nice development in your indoor and outdoor projects. :D So you finally decided to flower the A5s indoors and OE and Zamaldelica outdoors :yes: Amazing how fast things develop on your side, well done, plants indeed speak by themselves, very healthy and well developed.

Glad you are still enjoying with your well cured Panama Haze and Haze x KC, i wish i could be there with you to enjoy some together and chat for hours.

Wish you are having a happy summer! ;)

Enjoying I am, my good friend. And one day we'll sit down with our spliffs and our guitars and talk way too much. Your place or mine, not a worry;)

I just took off a bunch of underscreen growth that don't see the light. Not a real defoliation, taking every water leaf off the plant, but enough so her undercarriage is as clean as my 98' Toyota's.

Look back a couple of posts to see the difference.

Zam is in flower now, pics soon!

Attachments

• Cleaned up a bit.jpg
    Cleaned up a bit.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Still will get topside done.jpg
    Still will get topside done.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 24
  • From above.jpg
    From above.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Left edge.jpg
    Left edge.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 19
  • beautiful back left.jpg
    beautiful back left.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 23
  • pure profile.jpg
    pure profile.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 23
  • More of a kind hearted lollipop than a defol.jpg
    More of a kind hearted lollipop than a defol.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 26

deepwaterdude

Abbott a few days back - got CO2 and sm-90 coming

Abbott a few days back - got CO2 and sm-90 coming

Lovely and healthy girls my friend ! From the start ! :tiphat:

Thanks, my good bud, these plants are always so beautiful, or I get really lucky.

I see browning of Abbott's roots under the blumats, so I ordered the sm-90 to clear things up. Also, CO2 on its way, as temps are in the high 80s every afternoon, though maybe not this week with the cloudy skies and rain. I've had to clean out quite a bit of gunk during res changes, so added two new airstones to keep things oxygenated with these higher temps than I'd like, plus a bit of H2o2.
I finally got a tape measure and realized the light was way too high, so now it's closer to its max at around 14-18" from most tops. The middle of the scrog is populated by small branches, while the edges of the cage are populated by all the big branches. While the roots aren't well, I'm not defoliating much if at all.

Here he was the 27th.

Attachments

• DSC03441.jpg
    DSC03441.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03439.jpg
    DSC03439.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03444.jpg
    DSC03444.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03442.jpg
    DSC03442.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03445.jpg
    DSC03445.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC03434.jpg
    DSC03434.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03440.jpg
    DSC03440.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC03433.jpg
    DSC03433.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC03430.jpg
    DSC03430.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03429.jpg
    DSC03429.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 23
G

Fat and resinous already!Ye're killin'it matey! :tiphat:
Maybe some NL influence there?Wassup with the great oudoors?
Cheers bro!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hey Deep, your girls look lovely!
Syd I'm sorry to hear about your plant issues. Hope it works out in the end my friend.

This season is kicking my ass a little as well. I may clean up the indoor room tomorrow so I can finish a few plants instead of heating the greenhouse. I wish you both the best of luck. Happy growing Peace

deepwaterdude

Outdoor ZAm update, and Costello's return

Outdoor ZAm update, and Costello's return

Thanks fellas:tiphat:, here are the latest developments.

I repotted Costello's clone (was already starting to flower in her window) in her ma's pot, set her up under 105w spyder on the same 12/12 timer as the NextLight. From now until end december, I can run plants outside the tent as we're close enough to 12/12 outdoors.

ZAm is happily starting to build her flowers, with great, dense structure.

Abbott next;)

Attachments

• Say hello to my little fren'.jpg
    Say hello to my little fren'.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Costello's back.jpg
    Costello's back.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Repotted yesterday in Mom's pot.jpg
    Repotted yesterday in Mom's pot.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 25
  • Lone Zamaldelica getting going.jpg
    Lone Zamaldelica getting going.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 30
  • We'll see if I can carry her whole chair inside one of these days.jpg
    We'll see if I can carry her whole chair inside one of these days.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Nice to see actual flowers.jpg
    Nice to see actual flowers.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Nice, dense budlets.jpg
    Nice, dense budlets.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Beefy structure.jpg
    Beefy structure.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 22

deepwaterdude

Abbott Sep 4

Abbott Sep 4

Co2 is supposed to be here by end of day. I'm excited to see how she reacts to it, even though temps have dropped so she doesn't get above low 80s at hottest part of the day.

What were the tiny buds in the middle of the scrog are starting to fill in, thankfully. I've defoliated sparingly over the last few days, paid more attention to pH of the res which rises to the 6.7 range over time. I started this res change much lower, at 5.7, to let it float up from there.

Potency looks to be there, still don't have the massive flowers I thought I'd get, but as she looks to be in early stages still, ach, no worries;)

Here's a look...

Hope everyone's well, I'm a tad exhausted:biggrin:

Attachments

• Reference back corner.jpg
    Reference back corner.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Middle back.jpg
    Middle back.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 24
  • The hedge.jpg
    The hedge.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Abbott Sep 4.jpg
    Abbott Sep 4.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Rear left reference top 3.jpg
    Rear left reference top 3.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Maybe malawi leaner or haze.jpg
    Maybe malawi leaner or haze.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Reference top 1.jpg
    Reference top 1.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 26

Buddler

Veteran
Dewd sir that scrog is looking good your plant looks diff than mine after a second look here i tink she go a lot longer yet hey .. we shall see i reckon. :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
epitomy of a scrog ain't far fetched, is it? speaking of Midas aye! missed the sea anemons though :biggrin:

:tiphat:orf

deepwaterdude

Dewd sir that scrog is looking good your plant looks diff than mine after a second look here i tink she go a lot longer yet hey .. we shall see i reckon. :tiphat:

Thanks, broo, I remember Dubi saying malawi didn't really get going until @week 5 of flo, which seems to be the case here. These seem like they'll be major foxtailed buds in their end. A bit like my 18 week Panam Haze, or my green panama goddess in structure.
Things that may have contributed to slow start are 100f temps in veg and stretch, down to 90f peaks in early flower, then only low 80s now, plus that rising pH and high temps in the res. I'd say she likes the cool temps a lot better, plus the lower pH and higher light intensity. Starting to look a bit more exciting;)

epitomy of a scrog ain't far fetched, is it? speaking of Midas aye! missed the sea anemons though :biggrin:

orf

Orf, that sounds like a vote for the Black Dog;) I ain't averse to this change, and not too worried about spectrum shock. The Panama x ZAmaldelica were ridonculous under that light. hmmm. But, remembering last grow, all plants produced and finished nice buds under this light, so my guess is root prob, maybe keeping medium too wet.

The OD Zam is showing how its done, making chunks with simplicity and sunlight;)
I just grabbed some sm-90 for my res and roots and man does the soup now smell like a peach. Stuff is about 1% coriander oil 90some% canola. Smells lemony at 1/2tsp per gal. That plus the H202 is keeping that water zippy. I lowered EC to 1.15. Prolly doesn't need to be that high with better pH etc.

good daze, fellas, dw

deepwaterdude

Zamaldelica fem, doin' it right;)

Zamaldelica fem, doin' it right;)

This girl's got no problems but cool nights and an uber-stoned caregiver, both of which she seems to be handling fine. Praying the rest of this month and early October are as kind;)

Abbott and Costello next.

Attachments

• Flowa.jpg
    Flowa.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Lookin fine.jpg
    Lookin fine.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ZAm tops sep 9.jpg
    ZAm tops sep 9.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Good September for her.jpg
    Good September for her.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Zamaldelica sep 9.jpg
    Zamaldelica sep 9.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 24

deepwaterdude

6 week update - A5 x Malawi Killer

6 week update - A5 x Malawi Killer

Here're Abbott and Costello, reunited in flower.

I've decided that Abbott, with his fat leaves and skunky demeanor, juked me outta my pants into thinking he'd be a little fast fatty, while it looks like we've got a haze/malawi leaner with another 6 weeks easy-peasey, and things are developing pretty nicely once this idea is incorporated:biggrin:

For the CO2, I just got a bag that I put behind my fan. It will be highly ineffectual, but I'm leaving it there nonetheless;) I'm more into what the sm-90 and Great White can do for the rootzone at the moment.

Piclets - At the moment I'm seeing a lot of similarity with some of Beanz' plants, thinking they will end up like some of the very foxtailed, malawi leaning examples that dubi posted.

Here dey is;) Have a good day! dw

Attachments

• Still happy flowers.jpg
    Still happy flowers.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 21
  • Right side at scrog level.jpg
    Right side at scrog level.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Back left corner.jpg
    Back left corner.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 26
  • The Buddhafield-not the gay one.jpg
    The Buddhafield-not the gay one.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 6 weeks 12:12 today, lookin pretty fine.jpg
    6 weeks 12:12 today, lookin pretty fine.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Looks like some of Beanz' A5 x Malawi.jpg
    Looks like some of Beanz' A5 x Malawi.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Flowers look good.jpg
    Flowers look good.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 28
  • A top.jpg
    A top.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Another top - and time to stop thinking I got something wrong.jpg
    Another top - and time to stop thinking I got something wrong.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 28
  • A whole foot of Costello.jpg
    A whole foot of Costello.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 27

Sticky Sat

All perfect and beautiful my friend ! :dance013:
No way to ever get that kind of perfection in tropical OD but i'll keep trying to approach it... ;)

Thanks a lot for sharing ! :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

All perfect and beautiful my friend ! :dance013:
No way to ever get that kind of perfection in tropical OD but i'll keep trying to approach it... ;)

Thanks a lot for sharing ! :tiphat:

My humble friend, I could easily flip that statement on its head and be equally right;0) If it's true what Joni Mitchell said and there's a little bit of your soul in all you touch, then like a guru of mine once said "ah, soul is looking good!" He actually said "better", but hey, I've got a poetic driver's license. In your case your plants exhibit your enthusiasm:biggrin: Could be said of many good peeps here on the Ace train:huggg:

Theorganicguy

This girl's got no problems but cool nights and an uber-stoned caregiver, both of which she seems to be handling fine. Praying the rest of this month and early October are as kind;)

Abbott and Costello next.

Wonderful garden and Zamadelica, as always :biggrin:! I'll keep quietly lurking, if you don't mind. Thanks again for inspiring me to grow ZamaldxKali C cross!! I'm loving every minute of it

Happy flowering deep :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts