What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi madb :wave: Thanks for your support during all these years, much appreciated!

Beautiful job you have been doing there with the pure Honduras. Glad to see you growing your own produced next generation.
I think you got a Mexican pheno in 2020. Did you like her effects ?

Hi all,

​​​​​​Long time ace grower here located in the tropics northern Australia.

Honduras F2 I made back in 2018. Greenhouse grown. This one gets big buds.

Hope everyone is well.

madb

Hi madb :wave: Thanks for your support during all these years, much appreciated!

Beautiful job you have been doing there with the pure Honduras. Glad to see you growing your own produced next generation.
I think you got a Mexican pheno in 2020. Did you like her effects ?

Hi dubi.

No thankyou for creating these wonderful strains. They grow so well in my tropical climate. Reminds me of the sativas we smoked in my teenage years in the early 90's.

Something that worries me tho I'm having a bit of trouble getting your seeds sent here.. Crazy times tho so hopefully that changes soon.

Now on to the Honduras. That plant grew huge! I really enjoyed the peacefulness of the feeling after smoking it it's not as energetic as the hazes in your stable so I find it great after work or just relaxing on the weekend. This one I'm growing now looks like it's going to be even bigger. I only ever grow sativas outdoors because of the size they get to.

Here's an updated photo from this week. I couldn't tell you how many days this is at because I never count. But I estimate it around 3 to 4 weeks. The plant at the back is a super Malawi haze.

Please keep the strains coming I love them
Madb

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210325_180145.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.3 KB ID:	17816466

MexicanSun

Of course biodiversity is wonderful, but does it have to be wonderful all over my buds? What the hell is this?

Attachments

• photo2035742.jpg
    photo2035742.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 67

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sure madb longer flowering sativa strains take longer to reach sexual maturity from seed, and they are the most suitable genetics to grow big plants in tropical latitudes of short photoperiods all year round, glad you found that some of our sativa strains fit well to your taste and outdoor conditions. You are very lucky ;) Thanks a lot for the updates!

What's that MexicanSun ? some kind of mealybug ? I cannot appreciate it properly in the picture ....

MexicanSun

Sure madb longer flowering sativa strains take longer to reach sexual maturity from seed, and they are the most suitable genetics to grow big plants in tropical latitudes of short photoperiods all year round, glad you found that some of our sativa strains fit well to your taste and outdoor conditions. You are very lucky ;) Thanks a lot for the updates!

What's that MexicanSun ? some kind of mealybug ? I cannot appreciate it properly in the picture ....

It was a kind of bubbly white foam, there were a few instances of it around the buds, apparently it's a "salivazo" from a larvae, but other than leaving ugly goo behind the adult insect isn't problematic it just flies away

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow madb ;) What a difference after just a few days since your previous update!
Flower development looks very well developed, really promising. Keep up the good work! :yes:

MexicanSun

Hi, also just a quick update on my Honduras which are being grown in small pots in my balcony in Mexico. I've numbered the females so after about a month flowering I've got:

Honduras#1 which seems fast flowering and totally green all over, with fruity terps and quite dense and resinous buds. Not too stretchy. Flowers are whitish green. This would seem to be the 'commercial' pheno for obvious reason.

Honduras#2 has the peculiar meaty smell (FoieGras was mentioned years ago on here which is spot on), and has purple petioles and almost neon yellow/green buds which are quite leafy compared to #1.

Honduras#3 which is also almost completely without the purple petioles of #2, but compared to the others much more stretchy and slow/late flowering. Similar smell to #1 but milder because slower development. Proper old school tropical NLD behaviour which is catching the eye of sativa/haze loving friends.

Here are some pics, do any of these scream "mexican pheno" to you?

Attachments

• photo2037555.jpg
    photo2037555.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 89
  • photo2037556.jpg
    photo2037556.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 88
  • photo2037559.jpg
    photo2037559.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 90

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So nice MexicanSun :) Thanks for sharing pics of your Hondurans in early flowering, love to read your descriptions of their traits and aromas.

#1 has really thick, resinous and well developed flowers, reaching already more advanced flowering stages .... looks like a very interesting individual to improve those traits in the line.

#2 looks and 'smells' like is going to be a more 'typical' Mexican pheno, still in very early flowering producing her first true budsites.

#3 is the very long flowering of the group ;) She is wild!

so far can't find much evidence of purple phenos in your plants, will know more when they are more ripe, and if they flower with a bit of cold temps.

MexicanSun

"#2 looks and 'smells' like is going to be a more 'typical' Mexican pheno"

Gracias Dubi,

So does that "peculiar organic foie gras aroma" tend to present itself more in the Mexican type phenos?

And regarding your final comment about colder temps, with the remainder of flowering taking place in May and into June, es calor, calor y mas calor en Yucatan 😬😅

Cactus Squatter

I have 1 Honduras going outdoors this year that’s absolutely beautiful and reminds me so much of what we used to grow from good “Mexican” bag seed as kids. I had assumed it was a female, but it is now throwing tertiary branches where preflowers usually are. Is this a common Honduras trait and normal, or a precursor to a hermaphrodite?
The only plants I’ve had do this in the past ended up being hermies which is why I ask, so if that’s usually the case with tertiary branches on Honduras as well I still have time to cull it and plant another.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola MexicanSun, correct. The ones that smell during flowering like foie grass belong to Mexican pheno, and also the late flowering one explained in the Breeders Pack, which was basically a later flowering more resinous Mexican expression.

Wonderful madb ;) the Sun must be amazing there! Colas still reflowering, right ?

Welcome Cactus Squatter :) Can you show us a pic showing clearly what you comment ?

MexicanSun

Hola MexicanSun, correct. The ones that smell during flowering like foie grass belong to Mexican pheno, and also the late flowering one explained in the Breeders Pack, which was basically a later flowering more resinous Mexican

Thanks dubi , that's exciting info. Here is a picture of a bud from the green foie gras/geranium female which finished in well under 12 wks

Attachments

• photo2043147.jpg
    photo2043147.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 63

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice madb :) Looks like she is ripening her last reflowering, i think she will be ready in 1-2 weeks.
I like to harvest in a peak of strong resin and terpene production when last reflowering is ripening, check also the trichomes and decide up to your taste.

Enjoy MexicanSun ;)

Cactus Squatter

Good morning Dubi,
Here’s a couple pictures of the tertiary branching. I have normal female pre-flowers on side branches, but along the main stem where the pre-flowers usually are I am getting additional branching instead.

It’s a beautiful and extremely vigorous plant so far. By far the fastest growing plant I’m running this year.
I’m the guy in the desert that emailed you about which version Golden Tiger I have. I decided it’d be better to join here and use/share the knowledge base instead of hiding in emails considering how many of your lines we’re running of yours this year. 😂

I included 1 picture of the whole plant and 1 of the leaf structure. I’m assuming it’s leaning more to the Colombian side. I started her in March, gonna be a monster by this fall.

Attachments

• photo2043298.jpg
    photo2043298.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2043300.jpg
    photo2043300.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 58
  • photo2043301.jpg
    photo2043301.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 61
  • photo2043302.jpg
    photo2043302.jpg