What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Growers and Medical Users

Cannabologist

Veteran
Yikes!!!! God that looks grosssss!!

Last year was the year of caterpillars. The year before was the year of thrips.

I was telling people all along you HAVE to do preventatives, spinosad spinosad spinosad. This along with aza. BEFORE they come. Spray early and along the recommended dose rate.

I am wondering what this year will bring... It is an el nino year now we flipped from about ~2 strong la nina years and that was hell for outdoors.

This year and the next as we have this el nino will be the years to go hard!!! I predict it'll be on the hotter, drier end as el nino's are, but with typical NE temperate variability.

The best guys I know though ran autos ;)
Skip all the chance for rain, the cold, and molds by season end, and harvest in July and Aug.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bruins!! we are kicking some ass. we want that cup!

Anyone fuck w Axiom by RX green? it worked great for me in just one use. Its a harpin protein that activates stress responders; makes the plant think something is wong when its not. it makes stronger plants. i noticed a difference right away.

My work cant use rooting gels containing IBA, which is every gel on the market.
What other methods are people using? I saw tappin roots, which looks like it will work. does anyone use this for propagation?
we use grodan A-ok plugs

Fear the walking dead had a good first episode.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I did some reading on this and it looks pretty cool.

Bruins!! we are kicking some ass. we want that cup!

Anyone fuck w Axiom by RX green? it worked great for me in just one use. Its a harpin protein that activates stress responders; makes the plant think something is wong when its not. it makes stronger plants. i noticed a difference right away.

My work cant use rooting gels containing IBA, which is every gel on the market.
What other methods are people using? I saw tappin roots, which looks like it will work. does anyone use this for propagation?
we use grodan A-ok plugs

Fear the walking dead had a good first episode.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Holidays

i hope everyone is doing well. Tis the season for indoors.

Ive been busy, but things are going good for me.

I have a few things going, mostly Thug Pugs-Puta Breath,, but i also scored SwampBoys-Layer Cake and Maines Honest Seeds-Lemon moon.

All LED flowering, spydr RX plus,, 2 Growers Choice ROI-680w. these growers choice are a killer savings over spydr. Same LED's as the spydr RX plus, but it has the design of the new spydr, and its $500 less. So its like a buy 2, get one free deal. New England Hydro has them.

the snow didnt let up. ill be heading out to clear the drive way soon. I hope you all stay safe and warm.

HerbChambers

Happy Holidays

i hope everyone is doing well. Tis the season for indoors.

Ive been busy, but things are going good for me.

I have a few things going, mostly Thug Pugs-Puta Breath,, but i also scored SwampBoys-Layer Cake and Maines Honest Seeds-Lemon moon.

All LED flowering, spydr RX plus,, 2 Growers Choice ROI-680w. these growers choice are a killer savings over spydr. Same LED's as the spydr RX plus, but it has the design of the new spydr, and its $500 less. So its like a buy 2, get one free deal. New England Hydro has them.

the snow didnt let up. ill be heading out to clear the drive way soon. I hope you all stay safe and warm.

good to hear about the grower's choice...i'm strongly considering the upgrade to LED. Fluence is a little more than I'm willing to spend. How's the warranty and customer service with the growers choice?

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good to hear about the grower's choice...i'm strongly considering the upgrade to LED. Fluence is a little more than I'm willing to spend. How's the warranty and customer service with the growers choice?

i havent had any issues with any of mine so far. same deal w a friend who has 4.
they have a 3 year warranty

info from their site

1700 Umol, at less than 6 amps on 120v. it not only saves in power but it takes less to maintain environmentals. double savings. i used to flip flop 1k HPS,,, now that is one room/light cycle, 2 LEDS. its a much better approach for me.

I also got turned on to Dr. MJ Coco. this dude is a wealth of coco knowledge. hes doing a grow challange. its not a competition its more of a grow along. i wanted to see if anyone else is interested in participating. I signed up, all you need to do is pop seeds on Jan 1.

Coco for cannabis - new years grow challenge

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VT Hash Man over here rep, check us out at Hash Hands! :cool:

welcome!!!:woohoo:

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been busy as shit.

Ive been rocking the Growers choice LEDs. very happy w the results. one room is the GC ROI680 and a Spydr RxPlus. The GC has the same results. wonderful, intense, full spectrum light.

I amended a new batch of super soil last week.

Tomorrow I pot clones and take more cuttings.

I have at least one outdoor spot, but its to help a friend. I wont be taking anything from it.

Any auto flower guys? I was thinking some autos in the outdoor mix. Mefesto and fast buds have some hype.

Im finally flowering out some phenos. Cali connection, BlueDreamHaze and Chem4OG. also flipped the switch on some Dynasty genetics huckleberry kush.

Also,, Very happy to be flipping some.... DRUM ROLL.... BlueDigiberryXGG4. ooo YYYYEEAAA. some local love. had these seeds a bit, they are now in 15 gal pots and will be flipped this week.

gmanwho

Veteran
:woohoo:sweet to see/hear the glueberry in action!! there where some nice plants that came from those seeds. love to see the pics as they develop if you would share. Looks like we may have some time on our hands anyways with current covid19 situation.

those glurberryy seeds are 3 years old? i forget. sorry for the list of questions, u know me, i like relevant an obscure info.

They staying some what shorter compact? similar structures at this point? any early stand outs with structure & stem rub? How many u start, how many cracked , tap root stalled, made it, males, an total females left to pick thru?

About to reverse a bunch of things over here for s1's an crosses. If all goes well i should have about 70 or so seed batchs, crosses an then 4 or 5 s1's. Really focusing on the Tahoe og, then 4 other reversals brought to 10-12 different mothers. At least thats the plan or some variation of it

Sunshineinabag

hahaha cindy lauper ville

hahaha cindy lauper ville

Whats up FatB420:)

Been growin herb in New England (VT/NH/CT) for more then half of my life both indoors and out. Outdoors in VT back in '95 up by Goddard College and then indoors in '96/97 over @ UNH in Durham. We used to get OD Northern Lights from Auspy, NH that was excellent smoke and indoor (I think) Lemon Limes from UMASS around that same time that was killer.

Moved back to CT in '97 and have been stuck here ever since;) 95% of my friends who grew back then moved either out to Arcata or up to Maine while i've chosen to stay in the land of oppression. My favorite method of growing is DWC with GH Flora lucas/PH style but I also enjoy stadium growin in soil.

I was gifted Cafe' Girl seeds from Mr. Soul back in the day (which I crossed to a '00 female Yumbolt from Sag.) and that's mainly what i grow, i'm currently on the 3rd generation. The taste is like nothing i've ever smoked before. It isn't a huge yeilder and the stone is slightly couchlock to me, due mostly from the Yumbolt but I love her nonetheless. I'm hoping to use a male C99 someday to add a bit more up to it. I'll try to post pics of it if I can get access to a camera.

take care,
~dan

Me and my buddy timmy T did some work a few yrs before that in elmore ......shared that way......miss those days:peacock:

Sunshineinabag

vermont compost company

vermont compost company

Any recommends for a good soil mix with local sources?

It's time to get going.

Pretty sure those caterpillars are Vine Bores. They trashed my first outdoor attempt.
Last year they killed about 20 stems on my plants. That was with daily checking and cutting a few out of the stems and taping it back together.
Each plant averaged about a dozen tops.

View Image
View Image

Been using them since they started, never looked back just reamend with the compost fert they offer...easy peasey bro.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some Layer cake from the last run. finished under the growers choice light

picture.php

Here they are, I popped about 5. got 2 ladies here. they were just transplanted to 15 gal pots here. this was about 2 weeks ago, just after trellis.. they get flipped tomorrow. and I'll have a fresh update for you.

picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is staying safe... I think the virus shit is blown out of proportion. the media is always full of shit.

I'm still working full time. Damn right, Medical Cannabis is essential.

These LEDs are doing their thing. Here is a couple of lights.

-=-Spydr RX Plus, Strawberry Fields,, Chemdawg,, BluedreamHaze,, and a cut from a friend. 15 gal pots, homemade super soil.. about day 19 -=-

picture.php

-=- Growers Choice, all Puta Breath, 15 gal pots.. about day 19 -=-
picture.php

-=- Couple domes -=-

picture.php

-=- Those BlueDigiBerry x GG4.. again, this picture was right after the plants were re-trellised. this was just before they were flipped. -=-

picture.php

Last edited:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
not surprising that everyone in the east quit growing after all those dispos moved in and started pushing all this high THC fire...

View attachment 18746897

Massachusetts here! Don't get me wrong the dispos are convient for when I run low on bud or wanna try something new. But the weed I grow beats the dispensaries ten fold! They over trim the living hell out of the nugs, and the size of the buds are so small. I call them "popcorn nugs" because they're so tiny compared to the donkey dicks I harvest.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For an example this is some dispensary stuff I just picked up. Not the best quality of pictures (sorry) but you can see how tiny and over trimmed it is. First pic is Deep Purple Punch (Larry OG x GDP) and Guicy Banger is the second.

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_174050.jpg
    IMG_20220820_174050.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220820_174211_kindlephoto-4003951.jpg
    IMG_20220820_174211_kindlephoto-4003951.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 60

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
4 acres of hoop grown permitted recreational where I help a bit, sniffing, tasting, photos...

mineral direction by @slownickel

Chunky in hoop.jpg

DSC_0329 copy 2.JPG

DSC_0201 copy.JPG

DSC_2657 copy 3.JPG

DSC_0759 copy 2.JPG

DSC_0102 copy.JPG

10's of thousands of bene's planted for insect control.

DSC_2715 copy.JPG

DSC_3767 copy.JPG

DSC_0880.JPG

DSC_0830 copy.JPG

Finger Lakes Baked!!!

Last edited: