Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > Gravita - Do you raise and lower your lights?

Thread Title Search
Click for quality CMH grow lights at Ceramic Solutions!
Gravita - Do you raise and lower your lights? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 PM #1
nahko

nahko is on a distinguished road
Gravita - Do you raise and lower your lights?

How high above the canopy is too far for the 750w de?

I just got a couple of these and I was told its best to mount them to the ceiling and leave them there. But, what if the canopy doesn't reach the optimal distance of 30 inches? If the distance ends up being 45 inches would you want to lower them?

I'd like to hear about peoples experience with these lights. Should I bother lowering the lights to maintain the 30 inch distance and raise them up as the plants grow?
nahko is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 PM #2
Chunkypigs
Mutated member

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
I have mine on ratchets and move them, I also run 630w DE CMH bulbs in mine and they are much better than the HPS bulbs.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 11:43 PM #3
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
I use ratchets to position my lights IAW PPFD, not height. You get the hang of it after a while e.g 1, 2, 3 clicks etc...

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 12:35 AM #4
nahko

nahko is on a distinguished road
So it's best to set them to be adjusted then. I really was hoping the "mount em to the ceiling and leave em there" thing was true …. but it didn't sound right lol. I was concerned about plant stretching and possible sub-par buds if the 30 inches from bulb height wasn't reached.

I'll let this run go through as is and set up a pully system for the next run I guess. Plants are currently at 2 weeks into flower and 48 inches away from the bulbs. It's hard to judge if I have suffered any plant stretching, and I'll most likely hit the 30 inches mark by the time they stop growing vertically.
nahko is offline Quote