You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > Faraday bags

Thread Title Search
Faraday bags Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2019, 07:01 AM #1
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Faraday bags

I was wondering how many of you guerrillas use faraday bags to stay under the radar? I never carry my phone into the bush because of ping signals, but recently I've felt like it may be a good idea just in case of an emergency.

Is there any that you guys have experience with that you feel are secure?
JustSumTomatoes is online now Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM #2
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Buy a cheap cellphone with cash ( I used t-mobile) and load minutes with cash, and only turn it on if you need to make a call.
Loc Dog is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:02 AM #3
GrimyGreasy

GrimyGreasy will become famous soon enoughGrimyGreasy will become famous soon enough
You should be able to test the faraday bag (this works the same as a cage?) by trying to call your phone/find my phone app?
Can you leave your phone in flight mode until you need it?
GrimyGreasy is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:54 AM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Pull the battery out to go under the radar.

How many solo cups does one need?

Who created the Original Skunks?
troutman is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 10:03 AM #5
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc Dog View Post
Buy a cheap cellphone with cash ( I used t-mobile) and load minutes with cash, and only turn it on if you need to make a call.
That's not a bad idea. I'd probably also want a bag for that phone just so I'm not paranoid lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimyGreasy View Post
You should be able to test the faraday bag (this works the same as a cage?) by trying to call your phone/find my phone app?
Can you leave your phone in flight mode until you need it?
Seeing if it works or not won't be hard, just want to be safe and make sure absolutely no signals can reach or leave it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
That's actually what I do now for my phone. The screens cracked so I plan to upgrade to a new one here soon. Not sure if the next one will be have a battery that's easily removed. The bags can also be effective for other electronics in maintaining security, so I figured I'd give them a try.
JustSumTomatoes is online now Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 04:03 PM #6
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Most of the time, aluminum foil will do the trick.

Especially if you pay attention to the edges & fold it over a few times.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 PM #7
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
I have a lead lined box in my car just for that.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2019, 02:43 AM #8
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
With some of the newer phones, you can't even take the damn battery out!
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2019, 05:23 PM #9
MintyMick

Location: On an organic spaceship hurtling through the ether. Or somewhere in the Rocky Mountains...
MintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura about
If you do buy a burner phone remember to pay cash and not debit/ credit. That’s really all I have that hasn’t already been covered.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:24 PM #10
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Also, if they are after you, they can find the location of a sim card that is not inside a phone with the accuracy of 10 meters by actively searching for it with higher power radio output from the cell towers. And that's what they can do in my homecountry, which has old tech, altrough they are very surveilance prone.
Also, just because the people were using the prepaid simcards in burner phones a d changing them before a court could sign a new surveillance order for the new number, you can't buy prepaid sims without showing id now in my country. So that's a well known method to the police since the phones were invented most probably.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote