Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old.

Thread Title Search
Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2019, 02:16 PM #1
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old.

The indicator to me is that I really don't get the popularity of the most popular entertainment. I think Game of Thrones sucks bad and Avengers:Endgame is just stupid and silly. And I really dislike "reality" TV. It's not.

For movies I prefer actual acting. Stories about life.

One of the biggest arguments against recreational drug use was their use for escapism and not dealing with reality. Well isn't the popularity of fantasy more like that?

While I'm on my bitching soapbox, I have never understood energy drinks. SO hypocritical. How can they malign weed, a beneficial plant, while approving legalized speed that has definite health problems?

Yup, I'm finally that old fuck I used to laugh at.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

Last edited by dddaver; 04-30-2019 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: ooops. Old fuck problem
dddaver is offline Quote

23 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:32 PM #2
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant future
Welcome to old age. If you are entering your 60's, I can tell you one thing.......

You're going to have enjoyed those (19)60's a hell of a lot more than you will these 60's. LOL

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:37 PM #3
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Join the crowd good buddy

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:48 PM #4

.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light
I don’t know anyone who likes that shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post

i love my mini

.............. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:03 PM #5
rolandomota

rolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to beholdrolandomota is a splendid one to behold
I'm in my 30s and also don't like the avengers sillness and all that star wars crap just doesn't do it for me either. Even if I could watch free at the movies by being an employee I still wouldn't watch any of this crap
rolandomota is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:12 PM #6
Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of lightFred Sanford is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
The indicator to me is that I really don't get the popularity of the most popular entertainment. I think Game of Thrones sucks bad and Avengers:Endgame is just stupid and silly. And I really dislike "reality" TV. It's not.

For movies I prefer actual acting. Stories about life.

One of the biggest arguments against recreational drug use was their use for escapism and not dealing with reality. Well isn't the popularity of fantasy more like that?

While I'm on my bitching soapbox, I have never understood energy drinks. SO hypocritical. How can they malign weed, a beneficial plant, while approving legalized speed that has definite health benefits?

Yup, I'm finally that old fuck I used to laugh at.
Glad to hear it. I thought it was just me.
Fred Sanford is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:24 PM #7
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
seems we're in good company

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 04-30-2019, 04:52 PM #8
Lost in a SOG
~~~~~~~~~~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Surprise!!

most of us feel the same way lol
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:55 PM #9
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
Everyday I feel more and more like that part in the simpsons.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:16 PM #10
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute

God damnit Pothead beat me to it. I suppose this is why you're an agent.
Mikell is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.