Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old.

Thread Title Search
Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2019, 12:37 PM #31
Hermanthegerman
Dont fake the funk!

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
….and you have to realize, that this isn´t the rehearsal.
Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:09 PM #32
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermanthegerman View Post
so true!
Fermented is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:48 PM #33
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant future
It is impossible to eat healthy today. Forget processed and packaged foods. I'm talking fresh fruits and vegetables. Garbage. Poison. It's too bad but, our bodies adapt over eons.

Look up Fludioxonil (might be spelled incorrectly). It is what they soak our fresh fruits and veggies in to ship them around the world. Many apples on your grocers shelves were picked as long as 4 months ago. Many commercial farmers don't rotate crops any more. They plant what makes money. Some years, corn. Other years it's soy. If soy is more profitable for 5 years in a row, that's what he grows. The result? Minerals are depleted from the soil and our spinach and broccoli are missing many of the important trace minerals that they should have developed, and didn't. Trace minerals are very important because they assist in the processing of the more prominent vitamins.

Milk??? OMG!!! I call it 'cow water'. If you think your body is making use of the bullshit artificial vitamins the put in the milk, you are sorely mistaken. Sure, it's getting some. And, your mileage may vary from the guy next to you.

Fruit? I typically eat 4 or 5 pieces of fruit per day. Maybe my taste buds are changing as I get old but most of the fresh fruit tastes like a penny candy. Everything is so sweet. I had a Granny Smith apple last night that was so dry. And, it tasted like a Sweet Tart candy. Horrible.

I buy fresh wheat and grind my own wheat to make my own flour to make my own bread. And, it's still garbage, GMO wheat, I'm sure. Even though it carries the "USDA Organic" seal. What a bunch of horse shit.

Don't get me wrong. I work out and eat really well but that comes after a lifetime of alcoholism and eating pizza and sub sandwiches at 3:00 AM after the bars close.... for most of my life. So, I do it more as a hobby than something that's really helping my health. It's too late for me. Still, it's fun.

Sadly, it's a global market today and as that works awesome for electronics and cars, it's not so great for food.

Apples are not apples any more. At least, not like I remember them in the woods when I was a kid. Apples were 'in season' like everything else fresh that we ate. Like I said, many apples on your grocer's shelves are many months old. They were fed enzymes and magic dust all their lives. The poisons are designed to be undetectable at the times of inspection.

It's sad.

However, the other side of the coin is that if we didn't do all this shit, there probably wouldn't be enough food to go around. Yin and Yang, I suppose.

If I could give one single piece of advice to young people regarding health...... drink water. Good water.

Many of my problems today come from dehydration after a lifetime of alcoholism and tobacco abuse. Dried out all my stuff inside. At the gym, my muscles can still lift pretty heavy weights but my tendons have all snapped from dehydration. And, all the discs are gone in my back. And, the meniscus and other cartilage in my knees is all dried up and broken (or gone). Those things are now my limiting factors for fitness. It sucks.

So, drink plenty of water every day.

Peace.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:40 PM #34
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
AND ANOTHER THING!!!! (picture an old man bent over his cane shaking his fist ). It's like some foods. If I like it, it gets canceled. Life in Pieces, The Kids Are Alright, Murphy Brown, Madam Sectary, and sometimes Separating Together (or whatever it's called). Drat and confound it all, (SHAKING FIST)

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2019, 07:41 PM #35
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
When I was a kid, we ate cold, day-old oatmeal, with dead flies in it, in place of raisins. No sugar!! Only rusty discarded nails and mud puddle water added, to give texture and moisten it a bit!!! And we LIKED it!!!

;^>)
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 08:25 PM #36
Hank Hemp

Location: Just South of the Mason/Dixon, away, away down South in Dixieland.
Hank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivor
Yeah I saw right off what your problem was dddaver. You think like me.

I luv this flag more than the haters hate it!
God bless Johnny Boone wherever you are.

Not all who wander are lost

I don't care who you are that's deep

You may see me tonight with a illegal smile. J. Prine
Hank Hemp is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:26 PM #37
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
Go to a clinic that specializes in hormone replacement therapy. Pay 100$ or so to get your blood drawn and get a followup a week later to review your results. Listen to the doctor explain how hormones run your organs, your brain, and how lack of hormonal balance ruins your life. Get your levels up to a healthy 25 year old and your life will immediately change for the better in every way. Guaranteed.
Bonus tip: If you have a wife or partner get them to go also.

Go to a clinic that specializes in hormone replacement therapy and of course they will recommend testosterone for you....it's a business and that's how they pay the rent, advertising and their Porsche payments.

The alternative to a "magic" pill or needle is daily light exercise, fresh unprocessed food, sunshine, keeping slim, exercising your brain, lowering stress etc etc and slowly but surely life will be a good as it can be.

here's some facts from doctors who are not pushing testosterone
https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-...autionary-tale

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...y/art-20045728

https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20080...en-pros-cons#3

I read your links and the first thing I saw was that men who did not take HRT died younger. There are no down side effects observable. Maybe they will discover some downside but none now. Compare that to even simple over the counter medications with pages of side effects. Just read about it.

My personal experience is nothing but positive. I have lost 25 pounds doing nothing special other than cutting all sugar and hfcs from my diet. My body fat has been cut by 1/3. I have more energy and have been on a productive tear. I have my psa and other blood work done every 6 weeks to monitor my levels. Folks have NO FUCKING IDEA how important hormones are to the daily function of their brain and organs and how much more effective your body works when your hormones are in balance.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 03:46 PM #38
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermanthegerman View Post
one pass across the stage, and out comes the hook..."fuck me, that didn't take long..."

Old 05-15-2019, 03:50 PM #39
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Wink

realized a few years back that time had caught up with me. was headed fishing with big brother, cruising a back road burning one when two stupid kids passed us on a blind curve fucking flying! looked at him and said "remember those slow old bastards that wouldn't go on, and wouldn't pull over? that's US..."

Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM #40
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
There was me sitting in some sound booth at the ear/nose and throat clinic in Kingston Hospital - with a switch I could operate with my thumb in my hand - and like some eager suicide bomber I pressed the button every time I heard a strange sound thru the headphones Mr Kamal the ear doctor was conjuring up on the other side of the soundproof room - thru a little window - Anyway to cut a long story short - I'm part deaf - and they recommended a HEARING AID!

*makes me think of old/deaf guys in years gone past with 'earhorns' - but I was assured that modern hearing aids are no-where near as obtrusive.

- must be getting old.