Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Slight nute burn and high ph runoff

Thread Title Search
Slight nute burn and high ph runoff Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2019, 11:50 PM #1
Mrkline006

Mrkline006 will become famous soon enoughMrkline006 will become famous soon enough
Question Slight nute burn and high ph runoff

Best way to flush?? Phd water or a nute phd water flush??
Mrkline006 is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2019, 11:56 PM #2
coldcanna

coldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud of
What is the PPM/EC of your runoff? Pour enough tap water through until you can collect 50-100ml of runoff and test that. If its above 3-3.5 you could just flush for a day with fresh water

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all""

Freedom begins between the ears
coldcanna is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2019, 03:23 AM #3
Mrkline006

Mrkline006 will become famous soon enoughMrkline006 will become famous soon enough
My main issue is the tap water I found out was too high Ph (8.5) so I’m correcting that along with I was going to transplant this weekend, so wondering if it’s worth flushing before transplanting or not.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:26 AM #4

.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light.............. is a glorious beacon of light
Flush with pH'd nutrient solution. What EC are you feeding? Do you have a pH pen? It is essential.
A good flush will see you some happy plants again.
.............. is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2019, 04:31 AM #5
Mrkline006

Ph pen. I haven’t really hit them but with 1/2 strength nutes and they didn’t seem to like it (well 1 plant didn’t) so I was gonna flush it before transplant this weekend

Old 03-21-2019, 04:42 AM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Figure out how much pH down you need per gallon of tap water and you won't have to test as often.

How many solo cups does one need?

Who created the Original Skunks?
troutman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:39 AM #7
BlindDate

BlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really niceBlindDate is just really nice
If your tap water is 8.5 then you better call the water company!!

Old 05-16-2019, 03:37 AM #8
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Or brew beer.
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 PM #9
Kesey

Kesey is on a distinguished road
Your run off Ph is high because carbonate build up in the medium...CO3 + H = H2(CO3) aka carbonic acid...H2(CO3) dissolutes to H2O+CO2. This is exacerbated with frequent irrigation methods like coco. I always recommend RO with a fertigation program devoid of carbonates (calcium, magnesium, and potassium carbonate)...less stable Ph in the reservoir, but thats the point of coco...short rez life with frequent irrigation to maintain Ph in the medium..
Kesey is offline Quote