Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Propagation > Cannabis Seed Storage

Thread Title Search
Cannabis Seed Storage Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2019, 12:18 PM #11
ahortator

ahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud of
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287036

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:27 PM #12
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by acespicoli View Post
View Image

MjPassion, lol You find any rez v3 in there?

What are the oldest seeds you have germinated and what % grew ?
Just interested because like you said, its not difficult to save seed.
Oldest I have germinated are probably 7 years old.

I'm not sure what Rez V3 is. Is it a phenotype I should be looking for?

I'm also unsure what the oldest seeds I've germed are. Maybe those Rez beans. but I don't know how old those are either. I got them as freebies from the bou/bay and do not know when they were produced. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

As far as germ rate goes... I started with 16 seeds and now have 14 small plants.
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:40 PM #13
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
BTW...

I was told about the seed storage method by Chimera.
Love him or hate him his methodology is very sound!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 05-12-2019, 08:58 PM #14
acespicoli

acespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura about
That old Sour Diesel v3 cut.

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze
Super Silver Haze x Sour Diesel IBL

Seems no one has it anymore except a few breeders are tightly holding it.
Hortilab uses it in their super sour skunk.

This is The Original Sour Diesel, now available for anyone, not just a well-connected few, to grow... and it's My Pleasure bringing it to you, the Informed Grower.

Winner, High Times Plant of the Year, 2005
Multiple-Winner, IC Magazine Cup, 2005

More Sour Diesel steps:

Sour Diesel BX 1.5:
Sour Diesel Clone X Sour Diesel / Soma's NYC Diesel. The flowertime will average 65-70 days, those of you who have the itch to grow sativa-doms in hydro will cut this time by 15%.

Item description: Sour Diesel BX 2.5
The second Sour Diesel backcross. The males used (seven) insure diversity in the BX,they were chosen for their traits that best resembled their Sour Diesel Clone Mother. Sour Diesel rightly deserves its' Premiere Reputation as some of the World's Finest herb, grow it yourself and see why!
Flowering: 80 days; Yield: 800+ grams per KW.

Sour Diesel v 3 (ECSD v3):
One more step in bringing you the perfect East Coast Sour Diesel mom for your garden. The best and most stable line yet.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:04 PM #15
acespicoli

acespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahortator View Post
Nice thread sounds good for keeping the moisture level preserved

Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 PM #16
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
Consistent 90% germination on 10 to 12 year old seed, just stored in a mason jar with some desiccant in standard fridge, not the freezer.
Yea I wish I stored them correctly back then, does anybody know if it's ok to use your regular fridge? I'm not sure even what mines set on but im pretty sure as cold as it'll go. It's not super cold, just cold enough to keep your pop cold.
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 06:08 PM #17
acespicoli

This is similar to the thermometer that I have, mine is set at 38F in the regular fridge
Also have a mini fridge they run around $200
you would need to save a lot of seed to justify that expense

Old 05-17-2019, 12:43 PM #18
Iowa Grown

Iowa Grown will become famous soon enough
Heck pot seeds have lived through at least a 100 million ice ages, where most places on earth are covered over by huge glaciers that take roughly 40,000 - 70,000 years to melt so they can survive pretty much anywhere. But because I know that one thing I also know that any dark and cold place is the perfect place to store all your best pot seeds. Heck, I store all my pot seeds in those old screw-on 35MM film canisters in the cellar of my old house built in 1749, and I pop 30+ year old pot seeds that are stored in that cellar without much troubles all the time!!! Sure I don't always get 100%, but there is no such thing as 100% anything, so if (1) don't pop I germinate another one... It sort of like that Jimmi song... if that baby don't love me no more,
I know her sister will, LoL!
Iowa Grown is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 05:20 AM #19
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to beholdwvkindbud38 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by acespicoli View Post
View Image

This is similar to the thermometer that I have, mine is set at 38F in the regular fridge
Also have a mini fridge they run around $200
you would need to save a lot of seed to justify that expense

Well ive got one in my fridge, I believe I'll put them in the back in a container of some kind, I'll try to find a air tight container and put them in.....my fridge is like 38 40ish.
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 06:17 AM #20
xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nice
If you don't have abilities of refrigeration, a dark cool dry place is best - although it is not a requirement, it sure prolongs viability. Yet, its funny - most of today's seedbank purchases won't last but a few years if not kept cool, dry and dark, but I have seen old seeds of different ages varying from thirty to twenty years germ even though the ratio is low. These same seeds were usually just bagged and tossed randomly somewhere in a cupboard or drawer.

Manidoo Seeds - Capturing the Spirit of Star Plants from around the world in Spirit Seeds bringing medicine to the people.

xxPeacePipexx is offline Quote