What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acephate for russet mites?

PDX Dopesmoker

Has anyone tried spraying the world's worst smell on their plants as a treatment for russets? If you haven't smelled this stuff its like a horror movie for your nose, I doubt I could stomach using it indoors.
A guy at the local hydro store recommended it to me for russets so I bought a small container and sprayed a male with a 0.1% solution of the stuff to see what would happen. 3 days later the plant is still alive and still stinks of acephate, this is my only result so far.
Almost all of whats already on the board with respect to using acephate is about getting rid of root aphids.

PDX Dopesmoker

5 days in now it seems like whatever protection the stuff was offering is wearing off an the mites seem to be causing damage again, I'm seeing all the early signs of russets. Also the plants don't stink of that shit as much as they did, but they still do a little.
Seems like this isn't the stuff, my first impression is that its about as effective as sulphur and I'm not about to give it a second shot because of the long lasting odor. I don't want to spray sulphur too much more either because that makes a stink too.

Latest posts

Latest posts