What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
Imagine Jesus being a grower

Orf,be thankful they didn't grab your juicy toms ,too mate!Them fuckin' rippers...If that PH/M flies under their radar, will be some consolation(to say the least).

About that Kalamata ... doesn't really resemble anything "local" that I've seen.I'd certainly hit that though :biggrin: ,the hybrid (lumini)was really nice...

Good luck compadre

Oye cavron, if PHxM makes it to the very end, which I highly doubt since it hasn't kicked into flowering yet :woohoo: , it won't be just consolation but constellation... next August is only a breath away :laughing:

HA HA you mofos! you know what i mean i guess gorillas dont lay eggs they might eat them though..

Ah them larrikins, the tongue breaks bone though itself has none... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

orfeas

Veteran
About that Kalamata ... doesn't really resemble anything "local" that I've seen.I'd certainly hit that though :biggrin: ,the hybrid (lumini)was really nice...

well you've seen too little I take...it resembles dubi's Leb in a way methinks...
I'll dedinitely give lumini another try, indoors perhaps.

G

Well I wish I've seen one tenth of what you have...But those that I have had the pleasure to check were a lot more untamed ,lanky and definitely not that dense.
Also the flower structure seems a lot different than dubi's Leb("alien" foxtails).Of course not all greek IBL's are the same...I ain't no purist neither an expert ,just making an observation.What matters is the dough ,be it greek,panama or albania :biggrin:

If the PH/M hasn't started flowering yet...Then constellation is a wise word to use :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
Well I wish I've seen one tenth of what you have...But those that I have had the pleasure to check were a lot more untamed ,lanky and definitely not that dense.
Also the flower structure seems a lot different than dubi's Leb("alien" foxtails).Of course not all greek IBL's are the same...I ain't no purist neither an expert ,just making an observation.What matters is the dough ,be it greek,panama or albania :biggrin:

If the PH/M hasn't started flowering yet...Then constellation is a wise word to use :tiphat:
In no way was I insinuating I'd seen that many... :comfort:
As for the Leb resemblance I was referring to the structure rather than the buds...foxtailing might show later, she seems to need another good month before the hack.

:tiphat:orf

orfeas

Veteran
PHxM

PHxM

Well it looks as if the shrew's been tamed, no more stretching but flowering onset instead lots of pistils here and there...never grown such a late flowerer before...man, it does take a lot patience... and time.

Autumnal equinox tomorrow and the glorious summer weather is turning the day after...curious to see how this dame will take it...

Attachments

• P1100747.jpg
    P1100747.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100742.jpg
    P1100742.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P1100741.jpg
    P1100741.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 16

Consolidated

Hello there. This leg seems to belongs in a special animal, camel with green stripes ...
Orf best of luck and ceep the rippers away...

orfeas

Veteran
dudemate, Conso
you got me jaws cramped lads, you musta been good at Zoologie back in the day :laughing:
dee I ain't got no pets, they're better off without me...got me daughter instead and that's more than enough :biggrin:

Now acting on the logical assumption that once the rippers have cleared out my hide out they won't be coming back, I transferred this PanHaze into the reeds... :)
She's really been fastidious right from seedling stage and despite having flushed the medium and given her plenty of calmag she still displays the same problem and sheds leaves nonstop...

Oh weather's turned real wintry with temps droppin by ten degrees(17 now) and northeasterly winds sweeping from Pontos Euxinus, hoping for a flowering acceleration...

Attachments

• P1100753.jpg
    P1100753.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P1100754.jpg
    P1100754.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100755.jpg
    P1100755.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100756.jpg
    P1100756.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 22

Buddler

Veteran
:pumpkin: We are getting some summer like weather now WTF to late :joint: Whats going on Orf! how's the monster plant doing ? its almost thanks giving what happened to those hazy lazy daze ..Is your weather holding up?

orfeas

Veteran
We are getting some summer like weather now WTF to late :joint: Whats going on Orf! how's the monster plant doing ? its almost thanks giving what happened to those hazy lazy daze ..Is your weather holding up?

Weather's turned bloody inclement, mate, plunging temps had me fire up me fire place and the gusts bashed PHxM relentlessly for four days in a row...luckily the berry bush provided quite a support and minimised damage...flowering is becoming more apparent...tandalisingly slow though :biggrin:

That nevmal of yours definitely wins you the donk competition! :)

P.S. The 3rd picture is Inside the Taj Mahal... Paul's flute's missing :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100764.jpg
    P1100764.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100758.jpg
    P1100758.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100761.jpg
    P1100761.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100762.jpg
    P1100762.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100757.jpg
    P1100757.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 13

deepwaterdude

Hey, good orf, a jungle in itself that babe! Massive. Still looks good despite weather, prolly good it's not late flower.

Agreed wholeheartedly on Sir Budcelot's NevMal. First class donks;o)

Buddler

Veteran
Orf must be global awoke to wind and rain had to go out chop a couple of the OD girls ..And fire up the fireplace chilly out perfect conditions for the grim reaper .Yes miss nevmal is a fine donkiliss girl..i have a clone of her and will do another run indoor see the difference this fall .You have some fine specimens i hope the gods turn their head for you..Cheers Bud

orfeas

Veteran
Hey youse boys, October's settled in quite benevolent, blue skies, temps above 20 C, folks still bathing in crystal clear waters while I only dip me feet, not much of a cold defiant swimmer... :biggrin:
The elements seem to be on my side, thus far...yet I have to inspect my end nearing Kalamata, which by the way I half stripped coupla days ago mostly milky, for them bloody caterpillars not only do they feast on my cabbage leaves but also try a bite or two at my buds where subsequently mould settles in...I give'm two weeks no more till I see the first ambers and off she goes upside down to the basement...

Hey dudemate, if the depicted dame makes it to the very end or at least to the cloudy/milky one (I won't wait for ambers) then Syd's moral obligation will definitely be renounced :biggrin:

Sorry for the crappy pics but no space to frame the whole individual in one shot... :)

P.S. Sth essential I failed to report is that PHxM got no nose at all! She should give out a faint odour at least...

Attachments

• P1100786.jpg
    P1100786.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100787.jpg
    P1100787.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 16
  • P1100790.jpg
    P1100790.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100791.jpg
    P1100791.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100261.jpg
    P1100261.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 19

deepwaterdude

Hey youse boys, October's settled in quite benevolent, blue skies, temps above 20 C, folks still bathing in crystal clear waters while I only dip me feet, not much of a cold defiant swimmer... :biggrin:
The elements seem to be on my side, thus far...yet I have to inspect my end nearing Kalamata, which by the way I half stripped coupla days ago mostly milky, for them bloody caterpillars not only do they feast on my cabbage leaves but also try a bite or two at my buds where subsequently mould settles in...I give'm two weeks no more till I see the first ambers and off she goes upside down to the basement...

Hey dudemate, if the depicted dame makes it to the very end or at least to the cloudy/milky one (I won't wait for ambers) then Syd's moral obligation will definitely be renounced :biggrin:

Sorry for the crappy pics but no space to frame the whole individual in one shot... :0)

P.S. Sth essential I failed to report is that PHxM got no nose at all! She should give out a faint odour at least...

My Malawi had very little nose (and buds, due to cold) and turned in some great homework;)

Love the last pic, here's a few extra large "caterpillars" the other day on the Rio Grande. Bud rot not a problem after they have their way with a plant... plant no longer a problem either.

Fall has fallen with days at 60f and nights at 30 for the next couple of weeks. Rain and heavy winds, too, maybe leftover hurricane stuff. ZAm tried to crawl under her chair and found her heavy, waterlogged heads propped up again to salute the grey skies. Abbott looks extra bad today, day after some molasses. Change is good?:biggrin:

Chin up, orf!

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 18
G

Yo dude,do those caterpillars drink beer? :biggrin: What a laugh I had that night when I saw that pic...

Orfeas!!!Looks like I might be off the hook :laughing:

orfeas

Veteran
My Malawi had very little nose (and buds, due to cold) and turned in some great homework

Love the last pic, here's a few extra large "caterpillars" the other day on the Rio Grande. Bud rot not a problem after they have their way with a plant... plant no longer a problem either.

Fall has fallen with days at 60f and nights at 30 for the next couple of weeks. Rain and heavy winds, too, maybe leftover hurricane stuff. ZAm tried to crawl under her chair and found her heavy, waterlogged heads propped up again to salute the grey skies. Abbott looks extra bad today, day after some molasses. Change is good?

Chin up, orf!

Oh boy, this must be extraterrestrial, never seen one catch a deer with a fishin rod before... :woohoo:
As for my PH x M, flawless h/w is what I expect... great ain't good enough... ;)
Yo dude,do those caterpillars drink beer? What a laugh I had that night when I saw that pic...

Orfeas!!!Looks like I might be off the hook
I think this one's from the same beach but last year :)

Oye, cavron, I am not sure I can recognise the mermaid's breaded toe, but I do recognise that seagull standing on my diving rock...

Say, Syd, is 45 cm good enough for a 25 day auto plantlet? Do I have hopes? :biggrin:

G

Hehe,45 cm for 25 days is super!You definitely have hopes for half a meter!:biggrin: Seriously,sounds great!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas friend,

Nice to hear October is still keeping up there the warm summer temps and sunny skies. At this side of the mediterranean we have had the rainiest second half of summer and start of autumn i can remember in a long time ... definitely not a good season to flower indicas in September, but hopefully we still have good weather in the upcoming weeks for the sativas.

Your Purple Haze x Malawi has a great structure and if everything goes well should provide you with a bountiful sativa harvest to keep you busy for a few months :D
As you know, this tropical sativa hybrid produces at our latitudes most of its flowering during October and November.

The Kalamata sounds very interesting! Eager for a detailed smoke report on this one! ;)
I'm really interested to learn more about the local greek genetics.

therevverend

Veteran
Sad to see the rippers got you. Maybe you need to start sleeping in your patch. It seems to me they got it too early I wouldn't have been on my toes at that point. Stealing bottle brush white hair buds and shake is a waste.

I've got my little motion alarm sensors they help me sleep better at night. Plus a friend's car broke down and he's sleeping ten feet from my plants while he fixes it so I'm not worried this year like I've been in other years.

I see you have the usual stem rot horrors. I'm in bud rot season this has been my worst weather in the last 8 years or so. Wet to soak them down, windy to snap their limbs, then cold and more rain to rot the buds. I've already pulled in my Royal Kush hybrids and my Grape Ape x Bubblegum. Turned out phenomenal and got it in right before the rain hit but I would have liked to let it go a couple more days. Everything else has a ways to go.

This would easily be my best year if it hadn't been for the below average cold this month. August had record highs and half the state burned again. We ended up hit by the smoke monster again, for a few days we had the worst air quality in the world. Worse then Beijing or Bombay or any of the other horrible mega-cities. I didn't go outside on those days except to water. It doesn't help this is the fastest growing area in the US it's sad to see this area turning into Los Angeles.

At least the forecast is for no more rain. High temperatures won't be much above 18 degrees C so I'm afraid the mold is here to stay. I'm trying Durango OG for the first time it's probably the frostiest plant I've ever grown. Unfortunately it's more of an indoor strain, small yields and no resistance to powdery mildew and mold. I'm basically following the mold and PM around the plant as I harvest it. Of course I'll try it again next year, spray with Green Cure for the mildew and hope the weather's better. The frost is amazing and the smell is sweet hash.

This is my worst year for PM it's spread from the Durango to other plants. Nothing up in the major bud sites but lots of annoying outbreaks on the lower leaves. Did a lot of leaf stripping and spraying with Green Cure mixed with Essential smart water. The smart water has a PH of 9.7 it's worked pretty well. Doesn't eradicate it but keeps it in check.

Too bad you lost the Lui. My Lui x Bubblegum is turning purple and smells incredible. Haven't found boytritis yet but I'll be keeping a close eye. My friend had a huge Lui with big candelabra branches. She can be a real monster in the right conditions. Unfortunately his area is moister then mine the boytritis hit him hard. Had to hack it down early. Here's a pic of his plant from happier days.

picture.php

And here's a picture of mine. Hard to believe that was only a week and a half ago. Summer goes so fast and now it's gone until May.

picture.php

Hope there's enough sun left for her to do a big finish.

mack 10

Veteran
A big rule about autos : no transplanting, they have to go directly in their definitive pot . ( but there are always special cases )

I have written a post yesterday about that and more : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8239127&postcount=155

The roots scan the bottom of the pot and the soil quantity .
That's why they can flower earlier in small pots and later in big pots . (And on autoreg the extremity of the mainroot broken drives to a male). Small pots = dwarf inducers ( for most of autos)

As Dubi said, big pot and heavy light as soon as possible .

@Dubi Automatic plants have the tendency to "democratize" ganja growing . It is not a bad thing . And autofem are actually the reality of the seeds market.

Another thing, worms in pots have tendencies to tamp the soil on time .

I was very excited about this strain when it was realised . So I'm still lurking and will have a try soon or later.

Have a good grow !
:tiphat:

Good tips in here:tiphat: