What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compatibility of Various Beneficial Microflora

fizz

I'm looking for information regarding the efficacy, functionality and most importantly compatibility of various beneficial Microflora, whether it be for storage, soil mixes or nutrient solutions. An X Y chart (X plays nicely with Y, etc.) would come in very handy.

Could anyone steer me in the right direction?

2011rex87

I know a biologist in a cannabis R&D lab and I forwarded your question. The simplest answer is... You want as much variety as possible. You would not necessarily worry about microbes out-competing each other or not being compatible. Give me a little more detail on what your end-goal is and I can get you more detailed information.

Are you looking for microbes to make available nutrients to the roots? Are you looking for microbes to fight fungal pathogens? Are you looking for microbes to attack pests? (ex. Botaniguard Maxx Mycoinsecticide https://www.bioworksinc.com/products/botanigard-maxx.php - Beauveria bassiana ) Etc. Etc.

As you are likely aware - most commercial products (ex. TerraGrow http://www.biosafesystems.com/terragrow/) are combinations of microbes that have been developed to be compatible with each other. Do you want to pick and choose microbe species individually to compose your own combo solution?

fizz

I was under the impression flora do compete, so I was hoping to get an idea of the compatibility of flora in various products already on the market, and perhaps expand from there. No real end goal except save money. It just makes sense to know that if you're mixing Y with Z, and Y does everything Z does and more, then you don't need to buy Z anymore.

Latest posts

Latest posts