What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@starke looks like they all where flushed into the reservoir - time will tell if this was the last we saw of them. :biggrin:

The seedlings are doing great, Nephthys and Mesmakronic are both doing fine, most of the seedling are starting to form the 2nd set of leafs.

Also the 10th Nephthys seed have cracked, and it's breaking ground today.
I guess it just needed a bit more time and some heat, now I just hope some of the Grapefruit Fly and Chemderella's would sprout too.

A closeup of the triplets, one is still looking odd and like it only have one cotyledon or it haven't split and opened.

Day 16 in the LED flower closet

Ec 1.3
pH 5.9

Topped the res a bit last night

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 10 from planting

Had to put the triplets and twins back under the dome, they where not ready to leave the high humidity and low light enviroment.

Two days ago I turned up the heat, in the clone area and that have helped a bit.
The first Grapefruit Fly have sprouted, and looks like the sprout will soon break ground fully. Hoping a few more of them will make it, so I will have a bit to select from. If not; it's clearly the strongest one that made it.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 17

Raised the Ec a little, after I took the picture.

Ec 1.4
pH 5.56

Have been running the exhaust very low, the past two days as the temps have been low outside.
I have noticed the plants are looking less happy, making me think they don't get enough fresh air.
So I have added some heat to the lung room, and dialed up the fan.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 19

Taken down the Ec again, I wanna see if they will start looking better or worse.
They didn't look like they enjoyed the raised Ec from 1.3 to 1.4, so now I have gone down to 1.2 Ec and hoping they will peak up a bit.

Changed 50% of the reservoir, and added a bit of pH down.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Day 19
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79488&pictureid=1943500]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79488&pictureid=1943501]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79488&pictureid=1943502]View Image[/url]

Taken down the Ec again, I wanna see if they will start looking better or worse.
They didn't look like they enjoyed the raised Ec from 1.3 to 1.4, so now I have gone down to 1.2 Ec and hoping they will peak up a bit.

Changed 50% of the reservoir, and added a bit of pH down.

I see a bunch of roots poking out of the bottom of those pots.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I see a bunch of roots poking out of the bottom of those pots.

Yeah I had hoped the folia cover had been better, blocking out more light as the roots are growing out the bottom of the pot.
Not sure if alge growth on thouse roots will harm them, as long the main rootball is kept in the dark.

Thinking about covering the pots with pandafilm, to black them out and prevent as much alge growth as possible.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Yep. Everybody needs new shoes.

Nahh no transplanting into "new shoes" here :biggrin:

Tried covering up, the pot's in the middle cabinet.
Just some panda film with slot's cut into it, in a pattern fitting the pots.

Was fairly easy to make, and place over the plants.
So I just went on and covered up all of the pot's, now the roots can just grow as they like.

I should just have done this from the beginning I guess :tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cool simple solution.

Yes and I should be able, to just reuse thouse covers a bunch of times.
I might come up with a different, more permanent solution in the long run.
But for now, KISS works and who knows might turn out as a long term solution.
Let's see how it turns out, so far all the plants are still alive almost 3 weeks in :woohoo:

:biggrin:

So far so good, still a long way to go yet.
Really looking forward to see, how the budding structure, size and terp profile turns out.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I hope you don't mind me posting pictures of some seedlings I started.

I started them in two aeroponic units. They where transplanted on day 14, after I took these first two pictures

picture.php

picture.php

I then transplanted them into these solo cups (I had to make holes first) and they went into a flood and drain tray. The pictures go from right to left as I couldn't fit them in one picture.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I hope you don't mind me posting pictures of some seedlings I started.

Post away mate, nice looking seedlings.

Never done seeds in an aerocloner before, years back I would just soak them and put them into RW cubes and let them sprout.

But that haven't worked very well with these old seeds, and I got to say the soil cups have done way better then my prev. attempts with seed incubators and hydroponic medias.

For now I'll let them stay in soil, then move them into hydroton once they grow big enough to handle the nutrients the other veg plants are at. Right now im fairly sure thay would fry, if I give them anything more then my pH adjusted tap water.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The humidity in the cabinets, have dropped noticable after I have covered up the pots and flowtable.

Spraying a bit more

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 20 in the cheese factory

There have been no improvement on lowering the Ec, then I for fun messured the Ec on my veg res.
Where I tossed the runts of the clones, that didn't go into flower and they are looking great now.

Veg Ec was 2.6, maybe a bit high but miles away from the Ec in the flower cabinets.
Different nutrient, but that shouldn't have that much to say ... I guess.

So now I desided to bump up the Ec alot, and took it up to 1.7ish for now.

Guessing they will either be really happy, or really sad in a few days time.
They are falling behind the HPS room, but they are also at 1.8 Ec as they are much bigger plants.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Long time since we took a look into the veg room, not much "fun" going on there beside the seedlings.

But it's a very important part of my whole grow, and I don't know about you guys but I sometimes tend to neglect them a bit.
I hardly ever messure the pH or Ec, I just look if the plants are doing all right. Top the res and add nutrients if I feel, the plants are asking for it.

Over the months, the bottom kinda get's a bit gunky.
And I need to clean up, wash the felt mats and sort out the mums.

Today was that day!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Im just cleaning with hot water, no need for any cleaning agents.

I don't wanna fuck with my bio culture, and kill the bacteria in my reservoirs.
Im just cleaning up to prevent something bad, from being able to get a foot hold.

For the same reason, I have not cleaned the reservoirs. I have only pumped them out, refilled, emptied again as the pump won't empty the res 100%.

The sides of the reservours are covered in a bacteria culture, that helps break down waste nutrients and organic waste.

The felt mats where washed with a nutral deturgent, that shouldn't effect the bioculture. I just rinse them and put them in the washer, and they come out nice and clean.

Sorted out the moms, here is the 5th Cheese mom. The one that didn't go into flower, to save the GPW of the Tohici99 grow.
She's a very nice looking lady, and finaly at the point where she will really make alot of nice even clones.

I have a bunch of new cheese moms on their way, and it's just a matter of time before they look like their own mom.

Now I just need to refill the reservours and everything is back on track!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 21 for the Cheese clones

Still early to say much about the nutrient bump, but I think the leafs are peaking a bit more.

The roots on the other hand, there is no question about it.
They enjoy the panda cover, giving them a dark and moist enviroment.
And talking about moisture, the RH in the cabinets are higher now then the past few days.
With the biggest change, being the nutrient bump.
That seems like a clear indication, that they have started to respirate better and that should lead to improved growth.

Ec 1.7
pH 5.64

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 22

No question, they where hungry.
Last afternoon I topped the res, and the Ec had dropped quite alot.
The pH stayed in range after I added more nutrients, moving the Ec back up to 1.7

Havent touched the res today, just messured.

Ec 1.7
pH 5.65

Plants are looking happier, leafs are getting raised.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 23

Middle cabinet

Topped the res with tap water this morning

Ec 1.7
pH 5.85

The plants are looking better and better, the budding have improved and new pistils are showing.

The over all color is also improving, just in time for the budding to begin. Might turn out all right after all!