What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

choco chiba

B

back_woods

wanted to start a thread on these choco chiba that was gifted to me by a generous soul and member here. these will be grown outdoor here in sub-tropic environment

going into cups today

peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that an old Colombian line? I remember chiba weed though never had any.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

At a guess it is Brazilian Seed Co stock from Lluis, via some kind soul.

Meant to be a Colombian line that got taken to Paraguay and worked/run there by the people who do

But I could be wrong :)

B

back_woods

At a guess it is Brazilian Seed Co stock from Lluis, via some kind soul.

Meant to be a Colombian line that got taken to Paraguay and worked/run there by the people who do

But I could be wrong :)

from what i have read you would be correct. i have found a couple write ups here at the mag.

if all goes as planned i will be doing a preservation of these.

B

back_woods

welcome yesum. i believe these are the same as the ones i seen you post in another thread about these. there should be plenty to spread around later for those interested

JACKBAYBEH

Good luck with this project!
Choco chiba is one that I've seen people mention but really know nothing about. Old school Colombian got my attention.
Could anyone put up a description for this variety? Or point to a grow thread? Or, maybe I should quit being lazy and just google it.:biggrin: Subbed for sure though.

Is Brazilian Seed Co still active? I never scored anything from them in the day but I thought they closed up years back.

B

back_woods

Good luck with this project!
Choco chiba is one that I've seen people mention but really know nothing about. Old school Colombian got my attention.
Could anyone put up a description for this variety? Or point to a grow thread? Or, maybe I should quit being lazy and just google it.:biggrin: Subbed for sure though.

Is Brazilian Seed Co still active? I never scored anything from them in the day but I thought they closed up years back.

here you go brother. make sure when you see idiit's post to click on the threads as well. brazilian seed is out of business last i heard

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=310077

JACKBAYBEH

Thanks man!

Now I remember where I seen it mentioned. My man Idiit! Landrace lover and a very generous soul.

Last edited:
B

back_woods

i am thinking of doing some acapulco gold from nierika seed trust. been so long since i have smoked this it's calling my name. thinking of doing a seed run with these as well. any thoughts?

JACKBAYBEH

i am thinking of doing some acapulco gold from nierika seed trust. been so long since i have smoked this it's calling my name. thinking of doing a seed run with these as well. any thoughts?

Go for it. I bet those are worthwhile no doubt. I've only smoked AG in hybrids. If you have the facilities to do seed runs I'd be mixing up these lines also. For shits and giggles if nothing else. :tiphat:

Last edited:
B

back_woods

i only grow outdoors but i have the room to get it done. i run the cherry bomb last year from greengenes/vedant and all turned out well for me. a.g. in the dunk tank so lets see what happens.

i think i will leave the mixing to others most likely but you never know

JACKBAYBEH

i only grow outdoors but i have the room to get it done. i run the cherry bomb last year from greengenes/vedant and all turned out well for me. a.g. in the dunk tank so lets see what happens.

i think i will leave the mixing to others most likely but you never know

I bet that cherry bomb was great. I thought about getting some of those beans from Swami. The crosses also, kalimist xBurmese/cherrybomb & KahunaBud x CherryBomb .

Keep us updated on that AG man. Interested to see how it goes for you. :tiphat:

B

back_woods

I bet that cherry bomb was great. I thought about getting some of those beans from Swami. The crosses also, kalimist xBurmese/cherrybomb & KahunaBud x CherryBomb .

Keep us updated on that AG man. Interested to see how it goes for you. :tiphat:

for sure the bomb was good. i just started a thread in the landrace for the a.g. i just put them in for a swim so it will be a minute on them to

4 Dragons

If your Chiba turns out like what I was fortunate enough to smoke back around 1974 you are in for a real treat. Kind of like Chocolate malt but the high was very up and spiritual. I have smoked all those legends the old timers talk about and Chiba was a standout for me. Very potent but the quality was amongst the very best! Good luck

B

back_woods

I hope to be lucky enough to find a chocolate malt among these but the high type is the important thing to me

Thanks for dropping by with the info you posted